Jerry Sullivan says: This Roster is a crumbling

papazoid

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People of Buffalo:

Round up as many copies of this article as you can.

Cut them out of the paper.

Find out where Sullivan lives.

Sunday, after we beat the Chiefs, visit him home in the middle of the night.

Then cover--and I do mean cover--every inch of his car with his own words.

That'll be a nice surprise for him on Monday morning.

A bigger surprise would be if he parked his car outside & not in a garage like most homeowners.

You mean the same people that launch off into hour long diatribes each time someone says something that's even remotely anti-Buffalo? The inferiority/persecution complex among the people of this town has no limits.

no, we are referring to the people (like you i presume) who say only negative things and refuse to see any positives with their own team or town.

A bigger surprise would be if he parked his car outside & not in a garage like most homeowners.

Really, most home owners? I grew up in WNY, and most people i knew/saw used their garage for storage. Most would be well over 50% and that is definitely not the case. Maybe in your fancy subdivision it is true though. I must be really not looking forward to my homework when i see myself responding to comments like these.

no, we are referring to the people (like you i presume) who say only negative things and refuse to see any positives with their own team or town.

Really, most home owners? I grew up in WNY, and most people i knew/saw used their garage for storage. Most would be well over 50% and that is definitely not the case. Maybe in your fancy subdivision it is true though. I must be really not looking forward to my homework when i see myself responding to comments like these.

Quite the assumption there.

How about the fact that they have attempted to fix the defense by bringing in better players and the D have showed in the preseason that it should be improved? If you can't be optimistic right before opening day, what the hell else do you have? Some of you here are so miserable it is really sad.

WE'RE MISERABLE???? TRY "WE HAVE A MISERABLE FOOTBALL TEAM; ESPECIALLY THE FRONT OFFICE"....

The one thing I just don't get is...the Bills can only draft 7 players a year and if outta those they find 3 starters out of 22, and every 4-5 years players can become free agents I just don't see how a team can be built with just draft picks like Nix wants.

First of all, I've been making this same argument for weeks now. Nobody around here has the kahones to answer the question. But you left out one thing. HOW MANY SEASONS HAVE THE BILLS BEN ABLE TO DRAFT 3 NFL CALIBER STARTERS IN ONE OFFSEASON?

Bills are still 0-0 but apparently you have a crystal ball and know they are going to lose every game. You need to get to Vegas.

PTR

BILLS ARE 0-0.... Yeah, and so are all 32 NFL teams... Big F***kin Deal....

AND BESIDES YOURSELF, WHO ELSE HAS SAID THE BILLS ARE GOING TO GO 0-16???

SO TAKE THAT CRYSTAL BALL, TURN IT SIDEWAYS(OR ANY OTHER WAY), AND .....

BY THE WAY, JUST FOR THE RECORD, YOUR PREDICTION FOR THE BILLS SEASON IS????

BILLS ARE 0-0.... Yeah, and so are all 32 NFL teams... Big F***kin Deal....

AND BESIDES YOURSELF, WHO ELSE HAS SAID THE BILLS ARE GOING TO GO 0-16???

SO TAKE THAT CRYSTAL BALL, TURN IT SIDEWAYS(OR ANY OTHER WAY), AND .....

BY THE WAY, JUST FOR THE RECORD, YOUR PREDICTION FOR THE BILLS SEASON IS????

Why are you yelling?

PTR

First of all, I've been making this same argument for weeks now. Nobody around here has the kahones to answer the question. But you left out one thing. HOW MANY SEASONS HAVE THE BILLS BEN ABLE TO DRAFT 3 NFL CALIBER STARTERS IN ONE OFFSEASON?

How did the Packers do it? How did the Steelers do it? How did the Pats do it?

Heck, even the JETS built their foundation through the draft which allowed them to be very active in the last 2 FA periods.

You make good picks and RE-SIGN your good players (like extending Williams, and working on extending Stevie). And then after you have your core of drafted players, you can supplement via free agency.

Also, this term "starter" is incredibly overvalued. It's the NFL, players rotate in all the time. Just because a guy isn't a "starter" doesnt mean he wont get 20+ snaps a game. Building a winning team doesnt mean you just get starters, it means you also have quality depth. So if guys like Troupe dont end up beating out (pro-bowler) Kyle Williams, it doesnt necessarily mean he is bad, it means we have some depth there.

But I understand, you feel like you would be capable of turning over an entire roster, and coaching staff, and Front Office, and making a playoff run in one year... :rolleyes:

Edited by DrDareustein

Well, I deduced from your posts that you are more on the negative, maybe a buddy of sully, maybe something else. if i'm wrong, sorry. BTW, that's why i used parenthesis.

I just get sick of all the whining about the media. This is exactly the response they're looking for and you (not you specifically) continue to give it to them over and over.

edit: And by the way, this one from Sullivan seemed ridiculously tame. This whole thread comes across to me as a "hey look, someone mentioned Sullivan, let's complain" event.

Edited by shrader

Jerry ripped on Lee Evans - now when we trade him it's an awful move. Whitner and Poz to him were wasted picks- they are gone and now we'll miss them. On one hand we were the worst defense in the league last year, on the other we should have kept those crappy players. Which is it Sullivan- answer: Which ever fits the column on that day

Evans was called out by Chan at the end of last season and again during the off season, he doesn't have any interest in running the routes Chan prefers in the passing game. That's why he was traded

Jerry likes to argue and switches sides is easy to him. Patriots drafting the last 4 years is worse than ours, but don't mention that and he wont'. Dallas is so screwed up on salary they have to start two rookie lineman, but don't mention that and he won't.

He's paid to move the needle on radio or sell papers, not to be liked. I he has to change his position on things okay, if he has to write a column that isn't that way he really feels that's okay too. The newspapers are closing their doors all over the nation, at this point it's anything to survive

Jerry tells it like it is, he's not a homer who is afraid to criticize team management, and for that he's a refreshing realist. For those who think the current management isn't part of the problem, consider who they drafted last year compared to who they could have drafted.

Round 1 CJ Spiller. Players drafted after him in the 1st round at offensive line, a need position, included Anthony Davis, Maurkice Pouncey, Bryan Bulaga, and Roger Saffold; all starters this year. Instead Nix drafts a RB when we already had 2 starting RBs.

Round 2 Torell Troup. TE Rob Gronkowski was drafted after him. They haven't had a solid TE since Metzalaars.

Round 3 Alex Carrington. QB Colt McCoy was drafted after him.

So ask yourself, going into this season would you rather have Spiller, Troup, and Carrington, or one of those linemen, Gronkowski, and McCoy (which all play need positions). That would be a solid trio of offensive players who could all be starting this year, and instead they have 3 backups / underachievers.

Sully is what happens when the people that are supposed to cover the team have no access. Seriously, he is the most negative !@#$ around. He has not real insight, only refried ****.

The other issue with Sully is that he's been around so long, that others in the area look to him as an inspiration. Schopp is a good example. He has Sully on and they get all snarky together, and trash the Bills. This is why there will never be a change in he media, and the fans that read/listen to their ****. If you are smart enough to think for yourself, you don't need Jerry or anybody else to tell you it's been a rough going.

If this team starts to turn it around, Sully will be hoping for them to screw up, because that is where he gets his enjoyment. He is a negative prick, and he wants everybody else to be a negative prick.

To be "doom and gloom" about your football team has nothing to do with being a realist. I know that hurts a few asses around here, but it is the fact. It is crazy to think that being a negative, miserable prick over a game makes you some sort of realist. This is a game for entertainment, and if you can't enjoy it, then you should stop watching. People like Sully at least get paid for their reaction, which is unbelievable, because if I owned the Buffalo News, I want a guy that doesn't offend everybody he talks to. I would like some analysis that I couldn't predict every !@#$ing week. I would want a guy that I would be proud to have sit in an interview with coaches, players, owners etc, not some pencil dick who screams at the starting goalie of my hockey team after a demoralizing loss, and can't understand that was a dickhead move....not some guy that the Bills might as well not even allow on the property.

Sully is looking for shock and awe, because he has nothing else.