Roosevelt in the building

BillsObserver

Obviously they were hoping for certain players to shake loose in cuts to pick up. But that doesn't explain why they kept Martin over Roosevelt unless his ankle got better fast.

PTR

Not sure WTF is going on, other than Martin was not PS-eligible.

(Wonder if this means Ed Wang will be back too?)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This welcome news, but confusing. Buddy sounded pretty negative in his interview yesterday when asked about Roosevelt. Seems like a one day turnaround.

Not really. He said they liked Roosevelt, but it came down to numbers. All of the WRs have been battling it out and I wouldn't have wanted to decide who stays or goes in that group. I'm sure they struggled with the decision, talked about it some more, looked at things from a different perspective and then decided to bring him back. I think opinions change and that people feel more strongly about certain players than others. It is about the numbers, but it is also about opinion.

After picking up a RT and a CB, I think they just reevaluated the team as a whole and made some decisions. Roosevelt benefited from that decision.

I'm sure they were always looking for young big OL that they had already scouted and liked. Young was clearly one of them. But they were not sure which if any would be on the other teams cuts, and whether teams beneath them would get them first if they were cut. They went into the last cut process thinking we'll keep these 53, and sign a OL or two for the PS. And keep Martin.

When Young became available, they had to put him on the 53. They weren't going to cut one of their interior back-ups, they only have two. They werent going to cut Hairston. So they decided to cut Martin, knowing they had both Aiken on PS and could likely re-sign one of the guys they liked like Naaman, who was PS eligible. Now they have two WR on the PS they can bring up quickly if necessary.

And because Brad Smith along with CJ are going to be split out a lot, they can go with four healthy WR at least for awhile.

<br />Great now if they would just get Colemen back on to the PS then everything would be right with the world.....WHY DID WE CUT THAT GUY<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Too many OLBs. I like Coleman a lot. Wish he was a bill.