Roosevelt in the building

BillsObserver

Naaman Roosevelt tweeted "#back" just a few minutes ago.

And then Mike Caussin, their tight end on the practice squad, said:

"Another day. Lets get it! Glad to see my man @nyce18 (Naaman Roosevelt) back in the building."

Not sure if this means he'll end up on the practice squad or they're checking his injury out or if he's just visiting but I thought I'd pass this along. We'll find out soon enough..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roosevelt was signed to the Bills practice squad this morning (Wed.). The main reason why was when the Bills claimed OL Sam Young off waivers, thereby adding him to their 53-man roster, they released WR Ruvell Martin. That left the team with only five receivers on the active roster.

Link - Roosevelt signed to practice squad

Also:

Buffalo Bills Bring Back Naaman Roosevelt, Release Michael Switzer

Bills re-sign WR Roosevelt to practice squad

He was still recovering from the ankle injury.

It's my understanding that you can't waive someone who is injured, so to me, that still doesn't answer it. And if they were planning on adding him (it's been just a few days), why sign Switzer to the PS at all?

It's my understanding that you can't waive someone who is injured, so to me, that still doesn't answer it. And if they were planning on adding him (it's been just a few days), why sign Switzer to the PS at all?

Maybe they wanted to give him a chance to catch on with another team?

Obviously they were hoping for certain players to shake loose in cuts to pick up. But that doesn't explain why they kept Martin over Roosevelt unless his ankle got better fast.

PTR

I wonder what that was all about? I assume that Roosevelt was weighing his options with other teams first?

It wasn't really about anything - Roosevelt was waived and put back on the PS once it was probably deemed fit (ankle injury)