Diss'd in Power Rankings

cage

Here are the latest ESPN Power Rankings... ESPN Power Rankings

I think we're being badly disrespected. We clearly should be in the 20s

B*stards!

I thought the guy spending an inordinate amount of time on exchanging one undrafted free agent for another was going to be most pointless post of the day, but you swooped in and took it away from him.

I thought the guy spending an inordinate amount of time on exchanging one undrafted free agent for another was going to be most pointless post of the day, but you swooped in and took it away from him.

Wow,... everyone jumped hard on that one. I guess I should've added one of the joking emoticons to this one. I'm just plucking everyone's nerves on a boring Tuesday... it wasn't a serious post

:devil:

Wow,... everyone jumped hard on that one. I guess I should've added one of the joking emoticons to this one. I'm just plucking everyone's nerves on a boring Tuesday... it wasn't a serious post

:devil:

You need to work on your sarcasm. I'd offer pointers, but you're probably not smart enough to understand them.

(see how I just did that?)

;)

LOL, I think SDS needs to write a script that automatically creates a "No Respect in Power Rankings" thread every Tuesday morning for the rest of the season (or forever?).

Until the Bills start WINNING, we wont move up much.

Agreed, and will continue to be outside the NFL conversation. The Bills as a franchise simply do not exist right now. They deserve the lack of recognition they receive. Win and everyone pays attention. Lose and continue be ignored, because you continue to suck. This is a league for winners, and Bills are not one.

ESPN probably got the silly idea of actually "watching" the Bills for a season, then ranking them in the context of the rest of the league. If only they had read the TBD threads before taking such rash action!

Edited by Keukasmallies

You need to work on your sarcasm. I'd offer pointers, but you're probably not smart enough to understand them.

(see how I just did that?)

;)

Isn't part of good dry humor that you come off as serious, when what you're saying is actually ridiculous??

Why is their passing D such a concern? I don't fault them for ranking the Bills 30th if that's their analysis but they should point to weaknesses on the O-line and at other points rather than a passing D that has been at worst solid over the past few seasons. My only issues is that what they chose to pick on.

ESPN probably got the silly idea of actually "watching" the Bills for a season, then ranking them in the context of the rest of the league. If only they had read the TBD threads before taking such rash action!

The TBD threads would have them ranked lower.

Isn't part of good dry humor that you come off as serious, when what you're saying is actually ridiculous??

Not to interrupt those who are taking the thread seriously, but you are partly right.

The reason your post doesn't work has to do with plausibility.

There've been many threads here by posters who ARE indignant and offended that the Bills are… well… diss'd in the various power rankings.

So it was too easy to take your post at face value.

BTW, my doctoral dissertation was on humor in prose.

The humorless members of my doctoral committee rejected it and asked me to leave the school. Stone-faced bastards don't know what funny is.

The only thing worse than being funny is not being funny.

That's a joke.

Did you hear the one about the…

People seem to forget that people at ESPN...ROTOWORLD...PFT...NFLNTWRK are all just men with opinions. No different from us. At the end of the day roll the fu*@in ball on the field on sunday and lets play ball. Then we'll talk about whos better then who.

Not to interrupt those who are taking the thread seriously, but you are partly right.

The reason your post doesn't work has to do with plausibility.

There've been many threads here by posters who ARE indignant and offended that the Bills are… well… diss'd in the various power rankings.

So it was too easy to take your post at face value.

BTW, my doctoral dissertation was on humor in prose.

The humorless members of my doctoral committee rejected it and asked me to leave the school. Stone-faced bastards don't know what funny is.

The only thing worse than being funny is not being funny.

That's a joke.

Did you hear the one about the…

Haha,.. that gave me a good laugh. Your guidance makes a good point!!

Edited by cage

If the Bills D turns out to be vastly improved the Bills will climb in the rankings (begrudgingly) and those jokers will look the fools that they are.

The Lions at 16???

Clayton is a Bills hater. Until he's off of the panel... you get my point

Uuum...If the people who create these polls move the Bills up in the rankings if they get off to a good start, how will they look like fools? Do you really think anyone remembers where they had a team ranked(who was 4-12 a year before) before the season started? :blink:

If the Bills D turns out to be vastly improved the Bills will climb in the rankings (begrudgingly) and those jokers will look the fools that they are.

The Lions at 16???

Clayton is a Bills hater. Until he's off of the panel... you get my point

Bills have to prove it. If they come home with a loss from KC, all the media will be saying I told you so and the beat will go on. Has nothing to do with Clayton. The media is done predicting turnaround for the Bills, they have been burned too many times as great things were predicted only to be followed by the team tanking. It is Show Me time for the media and I do not blame them.

They are enamored by teams like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England and the Saints and such that are perennially in the playoffs. We should be fifth or sixth.... :devil:

Seriously...we were 29th last year and haven't done anything to improve other than a very significant draft choice on the defensive line. We have lost our first or second best receiver (who is starting for the team that got him for a FOURTH round draft choice) Our offensive line is a mess.

We are not getting into the twenties until we win some games..

Nine wins buddy and chan...nine wins.

Bills have to prove it. If they come home with a loss from KC, all the media will be saying I told you so and the beat will go on. Has nothing to do with Clayton. The media is done predicting turnaround for the Bills, they have been burned too many times as great things were predicted only to be followed by the team tanking. It is Show Me time for the media and I do not blame them.

Excellent! The national media have joined Buddy Nix in saying, "show me the baby!"

Too many questions and assumptions regarding the Bills and their new additions. Plus, none of us know what will happen to Stevie J now that Lee is gone. Keep us at 30, I'm ok with that... it'd be nice to be at least #15 come the end of the year. I just want improvement and the upward trend to continue (or, should I say start?!).

It doesn't even matter. #2-32 are all losers who have something to prove. Rankings are useless.

So does that mean #1 in the power poll has absolutely nothing to prove? Which power poll is the official one?

Here are the latest ESPN Power Rankings... ESPN Power Rankings

I think we're being badly disrespected. We clearly should be in the 20s

B*stards!

Sports Illustrated gave us a better rating

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/

Too many questions and assumptions regarding the Bills and their new additions. Plus, none of us know what will happen to Stevie J now that Lee is gone. Keep us at 30, I'm ok with that... it'd be nice to be at least #15 come the end of the year. I just want improvement and the upward trend to continue (or, should I say start?!).

Sad but true. If Buddy thinks we have such a great team, we definately better see overall improvement and a better record than last season.