I feel I need to say this.....

A win is a win. I don't care how it happens tbh. I will be ecstatic if the Bills pull off a opening day win.

Obviously a win against a healthy team does alot more for the teams/fans morale, but standings don't discriminate.

If we want to win games when they count.....we need to be able to beat teams that are not ravaged by injury.

I've never cared one way or the other. When a quarter of our team has been on the injured reserve in years past, those losses don't have asterisks next to them; they're just losses. I'll be happy with 1-0 no matter who's on the other side of the field.

If we want to win games when they count.....we need to be able to beat teams that are not ravaged by injury.

We need to beat the team on the field.

Edited by Faustus

I think last year we showed the talent necessary to beat good, healthy teams. We just lacked the ability to pull the trigger and finish games.

I know we CAN beat good teams, so I just want to see us do well in the standings. I'll take 19 ugly victories

I really hope that Matt Cassell is completely healthy....I hope their whole team is.....so we can beat a healthy team and have no asterisks next to it....

If we cannot beat healthy teams then we are just fooling ouselves......bring on your best!

I share the sentiment generally.

BUT, I think we're due for some luck. Instead of being the team that is severely undermanned due to injuries, it's about time we play some banged-up teams and maybe win some games we shouldn't have any business winning.

I guarantee you that if we're sitting at 10-6 and in the playoffs in week 17, you'll have forgotten completely about beating a team in week 1 without its starting QB.

So what if Cassel is injured and that helps the Bills beat them? That's what happens sometimes.

The Bills are going to face plenty of teams that are not handicapped by serious injuries, so they'll get tested eventually even if it doesn't come in the first week. You play the team that's on your schedule, then play the next one. I don't think we have to worry about the Bills sneaking through the season by getting lucky.

Edited by Dr. K

Who cares about respect of the media? Until we make the playoffs most observers will laugh us off anyway.

A win at KC will be an upset no matter who is playing QB for them. If I remember correctly, last time we had a chance to make the playoffs in Week 17, we played a Pittsburgh team that rested their starters and still beat us. The W or L is the only thing that matters, the win would have got us in the playoffs, the loss left us out.

As others have mentioned above, injuries are part of the game in the NFL - just ask Sam Cowart, Takeo Spikes, John Holecek, Paul Pozluzny or Brandon Spoon. You beat the team on the other side of the field that day.

I really hope that Matt Cassell is completely healthy....I hope their whole team is.....so we can beat a healthy team and have no asterisks next to it....

If we cannot beat healthy teams then we are just fooling ouselves......bring on your best!

I agree w/ you John, but getting a win for this young team might be more beneficial than beating their starters. I always want to beat the best, especially because you know the talkin-heads will say "they beat a banged up Chiefs team...etc", but some momentum going into a winnable home opener is very, very important IMO. Go Bills!! Curb in 17min... :beer:

Actually....I see the reasoning in some of the responses....

Hear me out though....I dont want the bills to drum up a winning record off of beating teams that were less then 100 percent only to have a game that meant going to the playoffs or not in the balance then go in and get killed.....

But....agreed...I will take it how I can get it.....hopefully the confidence of a team finding a way to win will biuld confidence leading up to that game...

This team feels like the perfect storm to me this year....

- Nobody takes us seriously...causing a close nit team to get that "chip"

- A defense that could go from dead last to into the top 15

- A Chan Gailey offense who makes the most of the players he has...center resolved, right guard and right tackle playing steady, Levitre has LG locked down, Bell is the wilcard right now.....we have some depth at the OT position.

- SEVERAL young fast WR targets with a number 1 that looks like he is ready to take that next step......a big solid TE finally on the roster in Chandler

- A veteran QB that the team respects

- A number 1 running back that sould start for more teams in the league then many would like to believe......top 10 running back behind him with a lot to prove

This team could make the playoffs....they really could

Actually....I see the reasoning in some of the responses....

Hear me out though....I dont want the bills to drum up a winning record off of beating teams that were less then 100 percent only to have a game that meant going to the playoffs or not in the balance then go in and get killed.....

But....agreed...I will take it how I can get it.....hopefully the confidence of a team finding a way to win will biuld confidence leading up to that game...

This team feels like the perfect storm to me this year....

- Nobody takes us seriously...causing a close nit team to get that "chip"

- A defense that could go from dead last to into the top 15

- A Chan Gailey offense who makes the most of the players he has...center resolved, right guard and right tackle playing steady, Levitre has LG locked down, Bell is the wilcard right now.....we have some depth at the OT position.

- SEVERAL young fast WR targets with a number 1 that looks like he is ready to take that next step......a big solid TE finally on the roster in Chandler

- A veteran QB that the team respects

- A number 1 running back that sould start for more teams in the league then many would like to believe......top 10 running back behind him with a lot to prove

This team could make the playoffs....they really could

I need some of whatever it is you are smoking........

I share the sentiment generally.

BUT, I think we're due for some luck. Instead of being the team that is severely undermanned due to injuries, it's about time we play some banged-up teams and maybe win some games we shouldn't have any business winning.

We're also due for some Luck.

Should we wait till next year to talk about it?

Well....it is pretty clear that we have a pass rush and can stop the run.

Thats a start

What conclusions am I drawing? I am just giving my opinion that our run defense and pass rush should be better.

You said "it is pretty clear that we have a EDIT: better pass rush and can stop the run."

If that's not a conclusion I don't know what it is. And it's being made from basically 3 pre-season games where the starters played about 3 quarters of football.

Edited by BillsVet

I seem to recall the Patriots winning the AFC championship game a few years back over the Chargers when LT and Gates both missed the game due to injury and Rivers was playing but basically limping up and down the field the entire game and the Chargers still kept it competitive and even had chances to win. No one has put an asterisk by that so I'm ok with winning even if we benefit from injuries. Now winning on bad calls, that would kind of cheapen a victory.

Edited by Talley56

You said "it is pretty clear that we have a EDIT: better pass rush and can stop the run."

If that's not a conclusion I don't know what it is. And it's being made from basically 3 pre-season games where the starters played about 3 quarters of football.

I am giving my opinion....that is all.

We wont get into the negative outlook that you have spewed on this board.....shall we?