RUMORED Cuts

Astrobot

I don't see McGee getting cut. At worst he's still a better option in the slot than Corner. Let Williams grow a little bit more before getting rid a proven defensive back. It will keep some proven depth at a position that we always have injuries at (albeit he is usually the injured one...but still)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see McGee getting cut. At worst he's still a better option in the slot than Corner. Let Williams grow a little bit more before getting rid a proven defensive back. It will keep some proven depth at a position that we always have injuries at (albeit he is usually the injured one...but still)

You make a good point, but now there's even a hint on bb.com:

LOL Donald Brown was my last pick on my fantasy team.. guess that wasn't really a good selection.

nope should have got Delone Carter dude gonna take over when Addi goes down this year

20 games, 1 INT for McGee. That's expensive for 3.4 million.

INTs are not the only stat to look at. McGee has played well this preseson looks healthy and we are going to cut him when Corner gets beat like a drum every play. So cut him and save 3.4 mill when we have 25ish mill in cap space????? Dont get it at all.

McGee wouldn't be a terribly huge surprise. Hasn't been healthy for a couple of years and age is against him. He's no longer a returner. Yet another of the "really good person and good player, but all we did was lose while he was here" kind of guys.

Goes back to more previous front office screw-ups... should've resigned Jabari Greer and let McGee walk when his last contract ended, rather than extend him.

CB Terrence McGee----nfldraftscout Matt Miller I now have two sources saying Terrence McGee HAS been cut. #Bills

---------------------PatrickMoranBSD Patrick Moran So.. if Aaron Williams impresses and becomes the slot corner, are the Bills gonna pay McGee $3.2 million to be a 4th CB? I dont think so

---------------------Schottey Michael Schottey @@TCBILLS_Astro I do, different guy than @nfldraftscout as well, I was told "100% true"

TE Cornelius Ingram

DT Trevor Laws

DL Damione Lewis

OL Dennis Landolt

RB Donald Brown

DE Jerry Hughes

OC Zane Taylor, Alex Linnenkohl

S John Wendling

S James Sanders (Pats) confirmed

WR Lavelle Hawkins

No way, we would be real thin at corner if that happened and Williams hasn't played that well.

this has got to stop !

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Been a big McGee fan for years, but let's face it, he's not getting it done any more. Not a shut down corner and doesn't make picks. Looks slow and is vulnerable to injury. If it's true, I can see it's time to let some of the younger legs get more time.

Florence-McKelvin-Williams is a solid three IMHO. May see a waiver wire CB they like, too.

Edited by Astrobot

Florence-McKelvin-Williams is a solid three IMHO. May see a waiver wire CB they like, too.

You have two VERY inconsistent defenders there, and one prone to questionable interference calls. I would not call that a solid three in the least bit.

I do not see them cutting McGee flat out. There are teams that need a third or fourth CB, and salary aside, he's a consistent player.

jerry jones talks about injured db's...we release a db they will wind up picking up when maybe a trade could have been worked out.

The problem beng with a trade is I doubt anyone will make a trade between now and Satruday evening unless it is a real bargain ie. 7th rounder because they will just wait to see who is out there after the cuts rumored that the eagles may cut Asante Samuel or another top corner because of depth they have. So I doubt anyone will make a an offer of anything of consequence right now, unless you hold on to him till Sunday then trade him and hope to pick someone else up to fill the slot.IMHO

Meh...

Williams has all kinds of potential...But he does not look ready for Prime Time yet IMHO...Unless McGee is 100% spent I think cutting him is a mistake...Of coarse this could be another move in the continued effort to secure Luck, Barkley, or Jones... :flirt:

Edited by KOKBILLS

In some organizations that matters, in this one McGee makes many times more than Corner does so-Bye Bye Terrence. Actually a week or so when a thread starter guessing a surprise cut, I said Terrence McGee. He has been a good corner, not great, for a year or two a great return man, but I can't even remember the last time he was healthy all year.

In some organizations that matters, in this one McGee makes many times more than Corner does so-Bye Bye Terrence. Actually a week or so when a thread starter guessing a surprise cut, I said Terrence McGee. He has been a good corner, not great, for a year or two a great return man, but I can't even remember the last time he was healthy all year.

Wow, you really talk out of both sides of your mouth, don't you? You predictably pull out the tried and true "Ralph is cheap" mantra, and then two sentences later you're bemoaning the fact McGee can't stay on the field.

So, it is cheap, or savvy, to not pay 3.whatever million to a guy who can't stay healthy? Need to make up your mind.

To be clear, the latest rumors are that McGee has not been officially cut. IMHO, Look for trade with 49'ers, Cowboys, or Denver.

You really think anyone gives up a pick when the much more respected Evans only garnered a 4th? I see McGee as a waived vet picked up early by a team in desperate need like giants. Only way we get something like a 6th is making an interested team nervous we're dealing him to someone else.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I would have to think a McGee trade would be the answer. There is not reason other than salary dump to ditch him when we have worse players to get rid of.

I dont believe the rumors that hughes is going to get cut, but I do believe he is playing the wrong position (34 OLB not 4-3 DE).