Your 53 Man Roster and Practice Squad...

Astrobot

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I commend those putting out the whole roster and I really shouldnt be picking at those who are doing it....

I just dont see the reason for keeping Wang, Howard, and Wrotto.....those guys have SHOWN NOTHING and you would hope in their second years there would be some improvement....they get beat so bad so consistantly that I dont even want them on this team...Hairston came out last night and showed what a real offensive linemen is supposed to look like and he has been HURT

This is not going to be a tough year to get rid of guys to get tot he needed amount...as a matter of fact we need to pick up a couple of guys....offensive linemen mostly

and i dont see more then 2 TE's because we dont run 2 TE sets

I commend those putting out the whole roster and I really shouldnt be picking at those who are doing it....

I just dont see the reason for keeping Wang, Howard, and Wrotto.....those guys have SHOWN NOTHING and you would hope in their second years there would be some improvement....they get beat so bad so consistantly that I dont even want them on this team...Hairston came out last night and showed what a real offensive linemen is supposed to look like and he has been HURT

This is not going to be a tough year to get rid of guys to get tot he needed amount...as a matter of fact we need to pick up a couple of guys....offensive linemen mostly

Agree 100%

Especially on your take on Hairston. I've been a firm believer that he will be starting by the end of the season. If he doesn't win a job outright he will be subbed in somewhere (LT or RT) during the season as our guys get nicked up. Going into the offseason he will be projected starter at one of those spots and we won't be crying for a stud in the first or 2nd round at that spot. I still see us taking a tackle in the first 2 rounds and it will be opposite Hairston. If he looks like a good LT then well go with a RT in the 2nd, if he looks good at RT then we will pick a LT in the first. That's unless Fitz looks horrible and we trade our entire draft for the number 1 pick to draft Luck but I don't see that happening.

Quarterback (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith

Running Back (3): Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller, Johnny White

Fullback (1): Corey McIntyre

Wide Receiver (6): Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Marcus Easley, David Nelson, Roscoe Parrish, Naaman Roosevelt

Tight End (3): Scott Chandler, Mike Caussin, Zach Pianalto

Offensive Tackle (4): Demetrius Bell, Erik Pears, Chris Hairston, Ed Wang

Offensive Guard/Center (5): Eric Wood, Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, Kraig Urbik, Geoff Hangartner

Defensive End (4): Marcell Dareus, Dwan Edwards, Alex Carrington, Spencer Johnson

Defensive Tackle (3): Kyle Williams, Torell Troup, Michael Jasper (of Kellen Heard)

Outside Linebacker (4): Chris Kelsay, Shawne Merriman, Danny Batten, Antonio Coleman

Inside Linebacker (5): Nick Barnett, Kirk Morrison, Andra Davis, Kelvin Sheppard, Arthur Moats

Cornerback (5): Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence, Terrence McGee, Aaron Williams, Reggie Corner

Safety (4): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Da'Norris Searcy, Jon Corto (or Bryan Scott)

Punter (1): Brian Moorman

Kicker (1): Rian Lindell

Long Snapper (1): Garrison Sanborn

PS: Aiken, White (has real potential but no space, and might lose him if he gets cut), Forrest, Elzy, Heard (or Jasper), Rogers, Eddins

I hope they cut Kelsay and give his spot to Chris White.

Edited by Doc

They did keep 3 tight ends last year.

RE: Wang, it's not looking good for him. Before the first game, Gailey said he was keeping a close eye on Maybin and Wang. We all know what happened to Maybin. But Wang is a draft pick of the Nix regime so it's possible they give him another shot. I personally don't see it happening.

Also, I think Gailey is comfortable with Howard and Wrotto because of their Georgia Tech roots. Howard is JUST coming off an injury and they knew it would be a bit of a rough road for him. Wrotto is a joke. But I think Gailey knows what both men are capable of and there's a comfort zone there.

QB (3): Fitz, Thigpen, Smith

RB (3): Jackson, Spiller, White

FB (1): McIntyre

WR (6): Johnson, Jones, Easley, Nelson, Parrish, Roosevelt

OL (9): Bell, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, Pears, Rhinehart, Hairston, Howard, Hangartner

TE (2): Chandler, Martin

DL (7): Dareus, Williams, Edwards, Carrington, Troup, Johnson, Heard

LB (9): Merriman, Barnett, Kelsay, Davis, Moats, Morrison, Batten, Coleman, Sheppard

DB (10): McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Williams, Corner, Wilson, Scott, Searcy, Byrd

P (1): Moorman

K (1): Lindell

LS (1): Sanborn

Nailed it. Just add Corto or Martin and you're done.

Edited by vincec

Agree 100%

Especially on your take on Hairston. I've been a firm believer that he will be starting by the end of the season. If he doesn't win a job outright he will be subbed in somewhere (LT or RT) during the season as our guys get nicked up. Going into the offseason he will be projected starter at one of those spots and we won't be crying for a stud in the first or 2nd round at that spot. I still see us taking a tackle in the first 2 rounds and it will be opposite Hairston. If he looks like a good LT then well go with a RT in the 2nd, if he looks good at RT then we will pick a LT in the first. That's unless Fitz looks horrible and we trade our entire draft for the number 1 pick to draft Luck but I don't see that happening.

This is what has been formulating in my head for a while now.....the past 2 years have been about rebiulding this defense and they appear to have done that.....Nix said he wanted big nasty guys and they have been following that plan.

My thinking is that they will Evaluate Bell for one more year but are not happy with his inconsistancy.....its Bell and Pears (who has simply done his job) and Hairston backup up those two spots....then in the offseason the Bills go after thier QB of the future then the best offensive tackle available (and I suspect that next years draft will be heavy on offensive players)

There is one thing that would throw a monkeywrench into this plan.....Shawn Merrimen......the bills have shown that WITH Shawn on the field this defense is dominanat......just flat out dominant.....BUT HE NEEDS TO STAY HEALTHY

If Merrimen cannot show he can stay healthy and be our pass rush force then next years number 1 pick will most almost 100 percent for sure be a pass rushing outside linebacker beast in the Merrimen mold.

Rooting for you lights out.....because we need to start thinking QB of the future here

Not bad Dr......a couple of things

You dont have Donald Jones...which I think they are pretty high on

I dont think they carry 3 tight ends....I think it is going to be Chandler and Martin

I think they are definately going to pluck O linemen off the cuts

I also believe they'll carry only two TEs, but I have Chandler and Coussins as the names to keep. Pianalto to the PS, Martin & Nelson cut. Donald Jones makes this team without a doubt.

QB (3): Fitz, Thigpen, Smith

RB (3): Jackson, Spiller, White

FB (1): McIntyre

WR (6): Johnson, Jones, Easley, Nelson, Parrish, Roosevelt

OL (9): Bell, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, Pears, Rhinehart, Hairston, Howard, Hangartner

TE (2): Chandler, Martin

DL (7): Dareus, Williams, Edwards, Carrington, Troup, Johnson, Heard

LB (9): Merriman, Barnett, Kelsay, Davis, Moats, Morrison, Batten, Coleman, Sheppard

DB (10): McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Williams, Corner, Wilson, Scott, Searcy, Byrd, CORTO

P (1): Moorman

K (1): Lindell

LS (1): Sanborn

I think they keep Wang over Howard. (He's still their prospect.)

I think they keep 3 TE's, Perhaps Caussin. (Goal line)

I think they cut one of those DB... Scott or Corner.

QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith (3)

RB: Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, J. White (3)

FB: Corey McIntyre (1)

WR: Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, David Nelson, Donald Jones, Marcus Easley, Naaman Roosevelt (6)

TE: Scott Chandler, Mike Caussin (2)

OT: Demetrius Bell, Erik Pears, Chris Hairston (3)

OC: Eric Wood, George Hangartner (2)

OG: Andy Levitre, Kraig Urbik, Chad Rinehart, Cordaro Howard (4)

DE: Marcell Dareus, Dwan Edwards, Alex Carrington, Spencer Johnson (4)

NT: Kyle Williams, Torrel Troup, Michael Jasper (3)

OLB: Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Danny Batten, Antonio Coleman, Arthur Moats (5)

ILB: Andra Davis, Nick Barnett, Kelvin Sheppard, Kirk Morrison, Chris White (5)

CB: Drayton Florence, Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Aaron Williams, Reggie Corner(5)

S: George Wilson, Jairus Byrd, Da'Norris Searcy, Brian Scott (4)

ST: Brian Moorman, Ryan Lindell, Garrison Sanborn (3)

My 53:

2 Quarterbacks - Cutting Levi Brown

14 Ryan Fitzpatrick

4 Tyler Thigpen

(Brad Smith is the 3rd QB)

4 Running Backs - Cutting Jehuu Caulcrick FB, Bruce Hall.

22 Fred Jackson

28 C. J. Spiller

38 Corey McIntyre FB

8 Wide Receivers - Cutting Buster Davis

13 Steve Johnson

19 Donald Jones

86 David Nelson

11 Roscoe Parrish

18 Naaman Roosevelt

16 Brad Smith WR/QB

83 Ruvell Martin

81 Marcus Easley

2 Tight Ends - Surprise Cut of Shawn Nelson, Cutting Mike Caussin

84 Scott Chandler

80 David Martin

10 Offensive Linemen- Cutting Michael Switzer C, Ed Wang T, Cordaro Howard T, Jason Watkins T

77 Demetrius Bell T

74 Colin Brown T

75 Chris Hairston T

61 Mansfield Wrotto T

79 Erik Pears T

70 Eric Wood C/G

63 Geoff Hangartner C

67 Andy Levitre G

76 Chad Rinehart G

60 Kraig Urbik G

7 Defensive Linemen- Cutting T. J. Langley DE

92 Alex Carrington DE

99 Marcell Dareus DE

98 Dwan Edwards DE

91 Spencer Johnson DE

95 Kyle Williams NT

72 Kellen Heard NT

96 Torell Troup NT

9 Linebackers- Surprise (!)Cut Chris Kelsey, Cutting Brandon Hicks ILB, Jammie Kirlew OLB/DE, Brad Jefferson ILB

50 Nick Barnett ILB

54 Andra Davis ILB

55 Kelvin Sheppard ILB

58 Kirk Morrison ILB

56 Shawne Merriman OLB

57 Danny Batten OLB

52 Arthur Moats OLB/DE

48 Robert Eddins OLB

59 Antonio Coleman OLB

9 Defensive Backs - Cutting Doyle Miller CB, Sidney Glover SS, Reggie Corner CB

31 Jairus Byrd FS

33 Jon Corto FS

43 Bryan Scott SS

25 Da'Norris Searcy SS

37 George Wilson SS

29 Drayton Florence CB

24 Terrence McGee CB

23 Aaron Williams CB

21 Leodis McKelvin CB

3 Special Teams- Cutting Danny Aiken

65 Garrison Sanborn LS

9 Rian Lindell K

8 Brian Moorman P

8 Practice Squad

47 Joshua Nesbitt FS/QB/RB

87 Zach Pianalto

88 Kamar Aiken WR

15 Felton Huggins WR

69 Michael Jasper NT

97 Lionel Dotson DE

94 Chris White ILB

35 Johnny White RB

I think Jehuu stays as only 3 backs is dangerously thin and being the feature back at Michigan St. they know he can step in a pinch and at 270 Lbs really should be used in short yardage and goal line as we would have had a touchdown last night instead of a field goal on that first drive.

I think you do good work on here Astro but you (and others) need to stop with the Kelsay cutting they just signed him to a big extension and he is going nowhere even though he cant cover and is decent against the run and pass rush.

So I would cut Wrotto and hate to do it but Roscoe Parrish with his injuries, salary cap hit of $1,891,667 and the whole youth movement thing.

I may be a bit biased, but I have a really hard time believing the Bills would expose Mike Jasper on the PS. His potential is greater than Kellen Heard, imo and would have a tough time believing that they would keep a 3rd NT unless it was Jasper.

Heard is at end now, he looked great in the first game but since his injury hasn't been as good so he could get cut and some how I do think Jasper does make the final cut.

Did Jasper do anything in the first two games to warrant all the love? The one time I noticed him against the Jags he was being thrown down field like a bowling ball enabling him to recover the fumble 7 yards past the line of scrimmage. Maybe I'm wrong but calling him a project at this point would be a stretch. I'm rooting for the guy buy I can't see him making the cut. Everyone on the DL needs to contribute, they don't have the luxury of carrying a 400 lb feel good story.

Did Jasper do anything in the first two games to warrant all the love? The one time I noticed him against the Jags he was being thrown down field like a bowling ball enabling him to recover the fumble 7 yards past the line of scrimmage. Maybe I'm wrong but calling him a project at this point would be a stretch. I'm rooting for the guy buy I can't see him making the cut. Everyone on the DL needs to contribute, they don't have the luxury of carrying a 400 lb feel good story.

actually I noticed moving all over the field against the Bears, and against Jacksonville he was pretty beastly up the middle. The play you cite him being 7 yards down the field he actually held the point of attack pretty well against a double team. He is a classic 0/1 technique player which are hard to find.

Astro, why do you think they would cut David Nelson and Kirk Morrison? If you think they'd cut Nelson because they are high on Ruvell Martin, I guess I could see that, even though Nelson seemed to have the look of a clutch target, and a tall one, last season. But that same logic would seem to apply if they are high on Morrison as well, whom they also just signed. Unless there is something you know about his health?

I view Nelson as critical to this season's success if they are running a lot of 4 and 5 WR formations. I have zero confidence in Easley, last night's game notwithstanding... His hands and his injury problems are cause for concern. I am not averse to seeing him make the team, but saying that both he and R. Martin make the team seems a stretch.

And how does Namaan Roosvelt get in over Nelson. This staff is pretty high on Nelson and his ability to make clutch catches....What has Roosevelt done other than being a local guy.

Jasper is exactly what any rational person thought he was. A major project that might turn into something in a couple seasons from now.

He is raw and has a looooong way to go. It wasnt just one play that he got pushed around on against the Jags. They consistently steered him wherever they wanted him to go. A single Guard was able to handle him all night.

I dont think we should cut him and give up on him. But he is a practice squad player right now.

As much as I love Mike Jasper he is not getting things done in game situations. In fact he's getting pushed around pretty bad. I have to believe it's a technique issue. Hope he gets added to PS. I'll be surprised if he makes the active roster.

PTR

Current Roster

Another Website's attempt:

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-bills/articles/buffalo-bills-53-man-roster-projection-and-cuts-version-1.html

Remember, the Bills just released RB Anthony Elzy, P Reid Forrest, WR Paul Hubbard, OL Isaiah Thompson, CB Loyce Means & DB Rajric Coleman

I agree with your roster for the most part and commend you on taking the time to this! I wouldn't be surprised if Ball makes the team at rb and White ends up on the practice squad. I also beleive that Aiken will make the team over Buster Davis. Naaman Roosevelt might end up cut as well, they have some tough choices. If they're going on performance only then I don't beleive Johnny White, Roosevelt, or Buster make the 53 man roster.