• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this possible?

1. Buddy is asleep

2. Ralph is cheap

3. We're trying to lose

Haven't you heard, Mike? Overdorf already has a plan in place to flip him for a 7th and thereby save on what would've been paid to Morrison. Sheer bean-counting genius.

I tweeted this early but:

Paul Posluszny last 3 years: 278 solo tackles and $46M...Kirk Morrison 272 Solo tackles...1 year deal.

Better cover LB and can blitz.

This move I like :thumbsup:

Not a better cover guy, not as good of a tackler. Was replaced BY THE JAGUARS with Poz. There's a reason he was unsigned until today.

from rotoworld

looks like another player brought in to stop the run.

Bills signed ILB Kirk Morrison, formerly of the Jaguars.

The 29-year-old Morrison has registered at least 88 tackles in all six of his seasons, and never missed a game. Pro Football Focus graded Morrison as an impact run defender last season, although he's long been under-appreciated by the NFL. The Bills are stacked at inside linebacker, so it's unclear where Morrison will fit in. We'd expect him to begin his Buffalo career as a backup.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

I know Kirk from San Diego-He went to San Diego State and was legit. He is a good pick up-every bit as good as Poz was. A good solidifying move for the Bills (They will probably try to move him to safety or something!) He fills in on XX Sports Radio 1090 from time to time. Good guy all around and smart pick up...Simlar to Drayton Florence signing which has panned out .

Those talking about moving moats back to OLB hit it right on the button. I can't see them not making the move now. Merriman, Barnett, Morrison and Moats. I like it! Too bad kelsey will be starting instead of moats.....grrrr

Maybe they're moving Moats back to OLB?

First thing that popped into my head too.

With three reliable vets inside, you kick Moats back outside where he belongs and as long as Merriman is healthy you no longer have to expose Kelsay in the 3-4 packages.

Those talking about moving moats back to OLB hit it right on the button. I can't see them not making the move now. Merriman, Barnett, Morrison and Moats. I like it! Too bad kelsey will be starting instead of moats.....grrrr

I don't believe for a second that Morrison runs in front of Andra Davis. No way no how.

And I hope the staff can now limit Kelsay to time in the 4-3, which they seem to be better suited for anyway.

what's awesome is that he was part of the same training group as Merriman. Anyone think he might be, gulp, merriman insurance (ie move torbor back outside once shaune goes down)??

Wouldn't it be Moats that would move back outside? I think Torbor is a goner.

Definitely a solid signing. Dont judge this guy last year in Jacksonville. He is more of 3-4 LB like he was in Oakland, and he was a little out of place in Jacksonville. This is a very good signing IMO and adds much needed depth with the likelyhood of a starter. The rotation of veterans Davis, Morrison, and Barnett is an absolutely dream situation to bring up Sheppard slowly. I really think our run defense is much improved. Our OL is still a mess of course. Everyone on this board acts like McKinnie would have been a disaster yet a quality franchise like Baltimore picks him right up and makes him an immediate starter at left tackle. Meanwhile we are taking our only two good lineman and playing them at every position on the line to try and find some kind of protection for our sitting duck. I dont think it can be anymore obvious that the staff is not happy with our tackle situation. There has been so many that have come and gone. I dont see why they cant bring SOMEONE decent in.

If this is a swap for Torbor, I think it's a great swap. That remains to be seen.

Sounds like a veteran backup on the inside. We have Davis and Barnett most likely starters. We can swing Moats outside now and have Sheppard/ White and now Morrison.