Kirk Morrison signed

Lothar

You're using a message board to render a judgement on a player?

Good God...

You're on a message board commenting on the same said player. I was just giving a link for those interested in people who probably have a better general idea than us. I like the signing. It's not huge but it's solid. Can never have enough depth. He just probably will not be starting over Davis. Just like any message board you have to weed out the good comments from the crap.

Edited by FutureBillsGM

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's refreshing. A while back, right after Drayton Florence signed, he was on WGR and they asked him if he would be reaching out to any other FAs to join the Bills. His reply? "That's not my job." That's the spirit, Drayton. Thanks. <_<

Cool, just like Eddie Robinson was a Coach-on-the-Field, Merriman is our GM-on-the-Field. We're all set!

A third round pick in 2005 who played well for Oakland for 6 years, got traded to the jags where he had a forgettable season and not resigned.

Hopefully it is a 1 year deal and he can contribute in some capacity.

This could explain it as well ...

The Bills have not confirmed the deal, which comes a day after coach Chan Gailey said linebacker Reggie Torbor was having "some things taken care of medically." Gailey did not go into detail.
Edited by CodeMonkey

I dont think he starts because davis has been an animal this preseason. Good signing for moats' sake and because the depth inside was atrocious. This will take some of the attention away from white and moreso shepp likely not contributing much as rooks outside STs.

You're exactly right. Davis has been great. I think Barnett has looked excellent too, but I'd say Davis has been our best LB in preseason thus far. Morrison is NOT getting the starting position.

You're exactly right. Davis has been great. I think Barnett has looked excellent too, but I'd say Davis has been our best LB in preseason thus far. Morrison is NOT getting the starting position.

Agreed, Davis has always been a thumper against the run. The man can fill a hole and take on blockers. Everyone clamoring him to be replaced will realize after a few regular season games that this guy can play.

I too hope this signing means that Moats moves back outside. His skill set is wasted at MLB.

Torbor was gone anyway. Maybe they're moving Moats back to OLB? I never thought that was permanent. I think the Stache wanted to take a look at him on the inside.

GO BILLS!!!

I hope you're right. Get players to the positions that they played with success. It's obvious, but inexplicable why Moats moved inside and Batten moved outside.

Merriman is the best GM we've had in years.

:lol::thumbsup:

I'm totally ok with this guy being "like Poz"; Poz was solid for us. Not great, but definitely solid. Nothing wrong with adding depth with solid players, imo. In fact, I think that's how you build a good unit. A bunch of solid guys and a couple good guys goes a long ways.

moving Moats inside was clearly for depth in my opinion...they know he can play outside so getting him reps on the inside can only help

this is a solid yet unspectacular signing which is business as usual for the Bills

When healthy, Davis was our best LB last season too, which is why the loss of Poz was no big deal to me.

Or John, helped Moats better understand what is going on around him better. But yes, I believe he is WAY better suited on the outside, at least in passing situations. He has a long way to go in run support IMO.

Yeah - given that Moats was a stand-out (but small-ish) pass-rushing DE in college, which is why it was weird trying to force him inside and there's every reason to believe he'll continue to project better as a 3-4 OLB.

Edited by BobChalmers

Better than Torbor but this thread tells you a lot abotu him...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=11077380

Ha! I learned something about our WR Craig Buster Davis on that link:

On Buster Davis:

Boltstrikes wrote:

He also lacks the toughness necessary to sell girl scout cookies.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Looks like ILB is one of our strengths now. I think most on here are under valuing Davis. He is a thumper and I think very solid as a 1st and 2nd down ILB. We now have a solid bakcup and a 3rd round rookie. This better shift Moats outside where after Merriman all we have is Batten (not counting kelsay/Carington, they are really lineman). Besides he was way better at OLB last year.

Now all we have to do is cut kelsay and move Carrington! Buddy must be reading my posts lol!

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/133610-kelsey-likey-out-for-saturday-post-eye-surgery/page__view__findpost__p__2226368

Yes, just in time to provide the Bills with some insight against the Jaguars for our preseason game!

Ha, ha, ha. This morning, my department gathered for our monthly "ethics training". The little video that was shown was about a manager pressuring an employee to use his knowledge of their competitors business to their advantage for a business proposal. He was a former employee of said competitor, so turns out that this is an "unethical" competitive advantage. The manager had a change of heart, and did the "ethical" thing by removing the guy from the proposal team.

What a bunch of horse ka-ka. Give us the dirt Mr. Morrison!

This fellow could be a very good piece of a puzzle. One of you gentlemans mentioned Davis and Morrison as a runstop package.

Thats not a bad package inside IMO. I think we got something here. Torbor has struggled for us and i expect he will be seeking work elsewhere soon enough. Good fellow, though and thank you for your hard work.

Code Monkey,

Poz is a gooder fit in Jags D, just as Morrison might well be a better fit for us .

The LB group seems to be getting better this year. quickly.

Fitz is still doomed at this point i fear. but there should be more cuts and more released decent OL players available soon i hope