Who is Patrick Moran? Supposedly major news.

bbb

Not from his perspective.

25 page thread here and people talking about it all day. Multiple threads on the Bills official message board. All these people talking about his story and checking his twitter. Wonder how many hits his story page actually took? I know it crashed a few times because so many were viewing it.

And now he gets to take those numbers to his boss and show what a "great journalist" he is. Doesn't matter how shoddy and bush-league his actual article was. Hey, it got a lot of people looking at it. True or not, people are looking. That's all that matters to these scumbags.

Be the first one. Do what you gotta to get the most views.

:sick:

Really? He writes for a site that depends entirely on Buffalo sports fans for hits. If this turns out to be false, he loses his entire readership forever. Over. Done. 0.0 hits forever. He's been doing this for a long time based on his article listing. No matter how many hits this story gets, he's done if its not true. There's zero upside to making this up. None. So either he's literally insane or this theory is garbage.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@shawnemerriman

To answer your question guys im disappointed by a story that was written by a Buffalo writer regarding a routine stop at the Canadian border a few weeks ago. To clarify, there was

There was what???

EDIT:

@shawnemerriman

Absolutely NO steroids found in my vehicle & there were NO charges against me. I've received a great welcome by the community and fans. I've worked my butt off to have a great season.

Edited by bills1960

That doesn't address confiscation, only that he wasn't in possession of anything regulated by a criminal statute. That leaves a wide variety of things the NFL has either banned or would frown upon.

The saving grace here is that it occurred prior to the CBA so the NFL is probably powerless to do anything if his tests stay clean.

Nothing was confiscated at all.

Who said nothing was confiscated? Merriman didn't.

No roids found in his "vehicle." But what about on HIM? :pirate:

Story appears to be full of holes.

I think a certain 8-year-old might want to stay off the streets for a while. I hear Marshawn Lynch is in town.

Best post of the day.

No roids found in his "vehicle." But what about on HIM? :pirate:

Story appears to be full of holes.

I think a certain 8-year-old might want to stay off the streets for a while. I hear Marshawn Lynch is in town.

I think Pat Moron needs to stay off the road for a while, where does this F-er live ??

So what is "franchise altering" about any of this?

I did see that Brandon came out today stating that he plans a follow-on contract with Fisher for camp, that will extend "many years". That deal isn't in any way a driver of where the Bills will be in 10 years, but it's still much more relevant to the status of the franchise than anything that may or may not have happened with Merriman at the Border.

Moran may be close to correct factually, but calling the Merriman border-stop "franchise altering" is inexcusable (actually pathetic and desperate) hucksterism.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

I did see that Brandon came out today stating that he plans a follow-on contract with Fisher for camp, that will extend "many years". That deal isn't in any way a driver of where the Bills will be in 10 years, but it's still much more relevant to the status of the franchise than anything that may or may not have happened with Merriman at the Border.

Moran may be close to correct factually, but calling the Merriman border-stop "franchise altering" is inexcusable (actually pathetic and desperate) hucksterism.

In defense of the reporter--I do think this story has serious holes--he said it WASN'T franchise altering.

It's been well explained that whoever posted that did not mention that it was the 2nd part of a 2 part tweet. The first ending in NOT

I like the answer above mine better!

Check their posting history--two of them have only posted in this thread during the past year. Just sayin'.....

Looking for a good way to justify making a claim that your story is circulating around messageboards? Head there and post it yourself.

Are we just hoping that it's an epic fail?

Maybe a little bit... I don't know all the details, & I'm not about to read 28 pages full of nitwits cracking lame jokes to find out.

One thing I will say: Iif I was trying to make a name for myself as an on-line "journalist" AND I'm a true Bills fan, there's no way in hell I would touch a "scoop" like this, just not worth it at all.

So why was the substance confiscated if it was just a "supplement"?

It's possible that any substance (assuming there was a substance) was not in its proper container. For example, it could have been allergy medication, or some other prescription meds, in a baggie. That's enough to pique the interest of a border agent. It's probably enough of a reason to be confiscated for testing.

At least that's what happened to some friends in the late 60s-early 70s on the bridges to and from Canada.

In Pat Moran's defense, he may have just had bad information. It doesn't sound like he made this up. There was indeed a search of Merriman's vehicle at the border crossing.

Then he should keep his fingers off of his keyboard.....This is one of the many reasons I despise the internet....too many guys who think they are "journalists"

In Pat Moran's defense, he may have just had bad information. It doesn't sound like he made this up. There was indeed a search of Merriman's vehicle at the border crossing.

The story & headline is inflammatory. This is a professional NFL player for our home team which Pat does some reporting, one would expect a little professional courtesy before writing a story like this.

CAUSING THIS:

"Shawne Merriman caught with steroids"

"Shawne Merriman busted for steroids"

"Report: Shawne Merriman Recently Caught with Steroids"

"Former Chargers OLB Shawne Merriman Caught with Steroids"

AND YET...

"For the record, I’ve sat on this story for close to three weeks—and numerous mainstream media members I’ve confided in can attest to that."

Journalists like in All The Presidents Men (Woodward and Bernstein) did their research when a source came forward. Mr. Moran is not a journalist in August, 2011.

The story & headline is inflammatory. This is a professional NFL player for our home team which Pat does some reporting, one would expect a little professional courtesy before writing a story like this.

Seemed rushed and sloppy in execution, which is odd given he's had two weeks to write it and plan it's release. I'd be curious if he had a reason for the execution.

Also odd how he's had it two weeks, but had all the tweets about checking with legal, didn't give the name right away etc.... Apparently he just sat on the info then all of a sudden had to get it out right away?

I posted this (tweet) in the Shoutbox, but here it is again:

SaviorEdwards Savior Edwards

Source: Buffalo Sports Daily Merriman story 100% false. Not that I didn't know this already.

22 minutes ago

This guy (SaviorEdwards, aka Savior Edwards), said that Clabo wasn't coming to Buffalo and that Barnett was going to sign with Buffalo, before either were publicly known.

RobGuy and one of the other posters backing him up (starts with a Z) wrote In a similar style and had no other posts in the last year. You make the call....

Honestly, I would've guessed they weren't him.... posts seemed to throw him into a bit of a panick to get his story out almost. I dunno. The execution was odd. It'd make sense to hype it some, but he seemed unprepared to get it out. Maybe the check sources, check with legal etc... Was just a way to hype it all day and build suspense? Odd he'd name Shawne here but not on twitter- you'd think he'd want the scoop over there first so it wouldn't look like he pulled a story off this board.

Edited by NoSaint