Levitre demoted / Levitre promoted

Justice

I assume it's just to see how well Rinehart looks with the 1's, or to simply light a fire under Levitre. It's pretty much a sure bet, barring injury, that Levitre will be a starting OG opening day.

That said, Gailey was clearly pissed with the OL and could be sending a message that no job is safe. He may want to do that, as well as give Urbik as much work as he can with the ones, and see which guy between urbik and Rinehart looks better. Expect Levitre back in with the starters though.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's everyone wailing about? I'm guessing it's the title of this thread, which makes an assumption.

The safer assumption is that they want to see how these guys perform against the first defense. Looks to me like they're trying to get a better idea of what they have and how flexible their guys are.

I see this as Chan's wake up call to everyone that he expects more from everyone. He stressed this several times this week in how disappointed he was with the interior guys. Now is the time to shake things up. I do believe Levitre will back with the starters soon.

What's everyone wailing about? I'm guessing it's the title of this thread, which makes an assumption.

The safer assumption is that they want to see how these guys perform against the first defense. Looks to me like they're trying to get a better idea of what they have and how flexible their guys are.

You're right, I should have put a question mark at the end of the title.

Nah, that would make too much sense; after all, it's training camp and there are three preseason games left. TSW protocol is to scream "the sky is falling" and jump to conclusions.

Is Levitre being tried at LT ? Cos I think he can play tackle also.

Levitre played Tackle in college...when drafted most scouts labeled him as a gaurd--due to his stout stature and short arms at the professional level.

Now, I believe he was moved from LG to RT in the final games of his rookie season he did fairly well, but was beat by speed rushers.

Who really knows...when it's all said and done...I think this move is apart of a plan to make this oline work--meaning they are trying to give Reinhardt a look--so, they can move Levitre, a multi positional olineman to tackle...this is just my opinion...I could be wrong!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I assume it's just to see how well Rinehart looks with the 1's, or to simply light a fire under Levitre. It's pretty much a sure bet, barring injury, that Levitre will be a starting OG opening day.

That said, Gailey was clearly pissed with the OL and could be sending a message that no job is safe. He may want to do that, as well as give Urbik as much work as he can with the ones, and see which guy between urbik and Rinehart looks better. Expect Levitre back in with the starters though.

Sal asked Chan last night about Levitre being replaced by Hangartner. Chan's response is at 1:46 in the video: http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-on-Waiving-Maybin-Monday-Practice/c748fdd2-74d3-40a0-ad4c-6c3876bf781c

Sal asked Chan last night about Levitre being replaced by Hangartner. Chan's response is at 1:46 in the video: http://www.buffalobi...4c-6c3876bf781c

I saw that interview earlier this morning. To be honest, I thought the questioner, when he said left guard, made a mistake and meant right guard, where Urbik looked to have the problems. Not sure about that. But Gailey's response is the same he gives every time to every question like that, and the same one that Nix gives. There are probably less than 4-5 guys that have secure starting positions on this team. Fitz, Stevie, Kyle Williams may be the only ones that Gailey wouldn't say that about (Merriman would be included if it weren't for health concerns. Other guys like Wood, Barnett, Bell, are pretty much mortal locks to start but Gailey probably wouldn't admit it because there is no reason to. He wants everyone to fight for a starting job.

JoeB from WGR tweets that he clearly saw Rinehart at LG and Urbik an RG.....

Good Lord, I always suspected the Buffalo Bills were the true incarnation of Major League - I think this confirms it...........

So is this where every should compliment Merriman for the 2 sacks he had and I come back with "from a guy that will be bagging groceries next week!"

Levitre gets a lot of love for absolutely no reason. He needs to play better.

Maybe he does need to play better, but I hardly see Levitre as being a problem on the O-Line.

My guess is that Rhinehart is getting a chance to show what he can do with the first team.

Maybe it's Gailey's motivational tool for the QBs and RBs?

Remember how last week he lamented about the lack of depth on the OL? Well, he wants to show his backfield that he really meant it, and he needs the QBs to pick it up a notch after a weak outing in Chicago.

Two people with decent heads on their shoulders.

Its PRACTICE. It's Week 2 of Preseason.

We have a lot of question marks along the line. The coaches want and need to see different matchups and groupings. I dont care who gets moved to where. Levitre, Urbick, whoever. Expect movement since NOW is the time to evaluate players.

RELAX.

Edited by DrDareustein