Aaron Williams!!!

Out of all the draft picks we had this year, he by far has the most upside and promise. Ive been hearing that he was performing really well in camp prior to him getting hurt. and that Int in the bears game was unbelievable. I figure by years end he will be our starter considering leodis makes too many mistakes and Mcgee always gets hurt. Great 2nd round pick for a change!!! GO Bills!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked great. Very impressed with his hands

He made a great play on the INT for sure, but he got beat a couple times and he missed a couple tackles. I thought he had a very erratic start but he looks like a player. He definitely has a good CB's mentality and didn't get down on himself when he made a few bad plays but he made more bad plays than good ones, IMO. I like him though, and think we are set with Florence and McGee and McLovin' and A Williams.

Out of all the draft picks we had this year, he by far has the most upside and promise. Ive been hearing that he was performing really well in camp prior to him getting hurt. and that Int in the bears game was unbelievable. I figure by years end he will be our starter considering leodis makes too many mistakes and Mcgee always gets hurt. Great 2nd round pick for a change!!! GO Bills!!!

I was also incredibly impressed by the INT, this tip drill maneuver showed great football instincts and a pro nose for the ball and even more rare the athletic ability to pull all this off.

Yet, in addition he appeared from the limited view if the play given by the TV screen to be coming off of getting burned on the two previous plays. He clearly does see, to merit his high pick but I expect he will need to see much of a full season where his job is to contribute on ST and he helps the team most by watching and learning during regular game play,

I agree McKelvin has made some very bad plays last year but to me these are mostly seen on ST and he held his own quite well in his DB times.

Excited by Williams? Yep. Many expectations of him to contribute to the Bills this year?

Nope

I was impressed with Aaron Williams' play for a first timer. His INT was a thing of beauty but he did make some mistakes, which is to be expected; however, "he by far has the most upside and promise" is sheer hyperbole. That distinction belongs to Dareus.

I was also incredibly impressed by the INT, this tip drill maneuver showed great football instincts and a pro nose for the ball and even more rare the athletic ability to pull all this off.

Yet, in addition he appeared from the limited view if the play given by the TV screen to be coming off of getting burned on the two previous plays. He clearly does see, to merit his high pick but I expect he will need to see much of a full season where his job is to contribute on ST and he helps the team most by watching and learning during regular game play,

I agree McKelvin has made some very bad plays last year but to me these are mostly seen on ST and he held his own quite well in his DB times.

Excited by Williams? Yep. Many expectations of him to contribute to the Bills this year?

Nope

Coverage on the long completion was pretty good IMO, took a perfect throw. On the PI he messed up.

He made a great play on the INT for sure, but he got beat a couple times and he missed a couple tackles. I thought he had a very erratic start but he looks like a player. He definitely has a good CB's mentality and didn't get down on himself when he made a few bad plays but he made more bad plays than good ones, IMO. I like him though, and think we are set with Florence and McGee and McLovin' and A Williams.

Yes he did get abused a few times but it's his first action. He'll improve.

PTR

You guys r lucky u got 2 c da game cuz u probably live in buffalo... im a bills fan frum queenz ny it's alwayz dissappointing 2 lose a game but frum wat i saw in da highlights on buffalobills.com da defense iz gunna b sumthing 2 keep a eye on or should i say sumthing u cant take your eye off this year... Go bills man...

Well said..... "Erratic" being the operative word. Camps reports had him looking very good early, injury or not, but the later ones had him getting beat more and more as plays and coverages were added. With the lack of OTA's and short camp, he's got a lot of ground to make up. Yet, he sure got a lot of reps tonight so hopefully that means they see much in him and are trying to get him ready....

BS, Dareus has the most upside and will be a perennial pro bowler. I do like Williams and hope he turns out great.

You guys r lucky u got 2 c da game cuz u probably live in buffalo... im a bills fan frum queenz ny it's alwayz dissappointing 2 lose a game but frum wat i saw in da highlights on buffalobills.com da defense iz gunna b sumthing 2 keep a eye on or should i say sumthing u cant take your eye off this year... Go bills man...

ouch, no text speak please.

He did get beat a few times, to be expected. I remember when revis came into the league and played the bills. We torched the guy, now look at him. That gives me hope for this kid.

Edited by Don't stop billievein

Welcome to the board BUT

you have got to be kidding me.

I need to get out my "From the Hood Dictionary/Thesaurus" to figure out what in the hell you are trying to say.

I was actually happy to see that he was able to bounce back and make a BIG play right after getting beat. Red zone, made a great play to deflect it and an athletic one to catch it. You need that in a CB. Next step is consistency. Go Bills!

Welcome! Have you thought of getting the nfl preseason package at preseason.nfl.com? It's $20 for the 4 preseason weeks, every game. If it is not being aired in your area, they make a live feed available online.

In the preseason, the score doesn't matter. What is important is for the coaches to see guys in different situations and see how they do. They're looking to try to fill out the roster. That being said, you want your offense to score. Only coming away with 3 is disappointing and shows that offense has a lot of work to do.

Edited by timba

uhhhhhhhhhh

Nope. Text script doesn't work here. Get with the program, newbie