Evans traded to Baltimore

Jdragon2

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but with this move it's very possible that Stevie's best games are behind him.

SJ13 wont have over 70 cathches this season i guarantee it. Say good by to the numbers last year. Put 8 in the box, 2 on steve johnson and FS to cover the other 2 WR...cuz none of them can catch. Talk about depth at our WR....yea just cuz we have 6 WR on the roster doesnt mean we have depth.

If Chan and Nix are behind this - and not just Overdork - then we all have to realize that they didn't think Evans was their kind of guy.

Sure, they're getting a player next year and stocking those up is how you build a team over the long haul.

You can tell by their limited action in FA this year, that they're looking for a particular type of "Player" and won't overspend on flashy names that will disjoint the noses of the younger "Players" that are on the team.

How much cap space does his trade free up? If it's a lot, more eyes could be focused on Overdork. If not, I say it's a Nix philosophical move.

I know this has probably already been posted (I don't have time to read through 13 pages) but I'd like to add my 1/2 cent.

I think this is a terrible move. Who is going to catch the ball now? Donald Jones? C'mon. Teams are going to double-team Steve Johnson likes there no tomorrow. Just when I thought we were making small subtle steps forward...

Not only do we lose Evans, we lose someone who could've tutored these younger guys.

You think your pissed, I got a coffee mug from my daughter for X-Mas, on it was Poz, and Evans...WTF.!

Reminds me of his quote when he was hired. "not the smartest guy in the room."

Right. Because stuff like this is exclusive to Buddy Nix. The BILLS have zero history of this kind of crap. Just like they'd never fire an OC and cut their starting LT the week before the season opener or IR their defensive leader during training camp because he wouldn't renegotiate.

This franchise is run like garbage and has been for nearly 50 years. If you take out two short glory periods, this team makes Mike Brown's Cincinnati Bengals look like the New York Yankees.

SJ13 wont have over 70 cathches this season i guarantee it. Say good by to the numbers last year. Put 8 in the box, 2 on steve johnson and FS to cover the other 2 WR...cuz none of them can catch. Talk about depth at our WR....yea just cuz we have 6 WR on the roster doesnt mean we have depth.

Or, now listen to Peter King and draft Donald Jones in your fantasy league.

I can't believe the negative reaction on this board. It's Lee "freaking" Evans. Randy Moss, a first ballot hall of famer only got a 4th rounder from New England. Marshall Faulk in his prime was only worth a 2nd from the Rams. Lee Evans has been a bum on the field since JP Losman was here. He can only run one route.

OMG, you would think the Bills have traded away Jerry Rice or someone who has averaged more than 50 catches for his career. Holy cow, at his best Lee Evans was just a glorified Santana Moss -- and that was years ago. Get over it, the Bills saved a good 3 million dollars for a guy who was giving them little to no impact -- and picked up a 4th rounder to boot. Everybody wins in this deal. Good luck to you, Lee!

I know this has probably already been posted (I don't have time to read through 13 pages) but I'd like to add my 1/2 cent.

I think this is a terrible move. Who is going to catch the ball now? Donald Jones? C'mon. Teams are going to double-team Steve Johnson likes there no tomorrow. Just when I thought we were making small subtle steps forward...

Not only do we lose Evans, we lose someone who could've tutored these younger guys.

#1 Receiver's get doubled all the time. This wasn't just an occurrence that only happened in Buffalo, which some fans would have you believe. Andre Johnson, gets doubled. The difference is he still gets open, finds holes in the defense. Lee is a stretch receiver, very one dimensional. If he couldn't burn a CB or Safety, then he couldn't get open. Good #1 WR's find holes in the defense, they find ways to get open.

My Point: Yes Stevie will draw doubles now, but lets wait and see what he does before just casting him away, like he will never get open again.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy the decoy argument.

Ask yourself this question. Exactly how good is a guy who could only garner a fourth round pick?

Evans is a one trick pony. Always has been, always will be. He couldn't teach them speed, he couldn't teach them how to go over the middle (since he almost never did).

This was a great move by the Bills. This team had a logjam at the receiver position and this is an addition by subtraction move. Now we can enjoy watching Easley, Roosevelt, Smith, Nelson get on the field and make opposing defensive backfields nervous because these guys aren't afraid of going over the middle. They always knew where Evans was going.

I can't believe the negative reaction on this board. It's Lee "freaking" Evans. Randy Moss, a first ballot hall of famer only got a 4th rounder from New England. Marshall Faulk in his prime was only worth a 2nd from the Rams. Lee Evans has been a bum on the field since JP Losman was here. He can only run one route.

A lot of these players for picks trades are stupid. Marshall Faulk just went into the HOF. Do you think the Rams wouldn't do that trade 100 times out of 100.

#1 Receiver's get doubled all the time. This wasn't just an occurrence that only happened in Buffalo, which some fans would have you believe. Andre Johnson, gets doubled. The difference is he still gets open, finds holes in the defense.

I doubt Andre Johnson has caught a dozen balls in his career when he's doubled. To say otherwise is ludicrous. If Andre Johnson played for the BILLS with Drew Bledsoe/JP Losman/Trent Edwards/some loser from Green Bay/Ryan Fitzpatrick with Dick Jauron and Mike Mularkey as his head coach, he'd look one dimension too.

Lee is a stretch receiver, very one dimensional. If he couldn't burn a CB or Safety, then he couldn't get open. Good #1 WR's find holes in the defense, they find ways to get open.

Right. The problems with Buffalo's offense are because Lee Evans can't get open. Not because of poor QB play for a decade, an OLine that has been among the worst in NFL history for the same time frame, or mediocre (or worse) coaching. That damn one-dimensional Lee Evans (shakes fist like angry old muppet guy).

If Chan and Nix are behind this - and not just Overdork - then we all have to realize that they didn't think Evans was their kind of guy.

Sure, they're getting a player next year and stocking those up is how you build a team over the long haul.

You can tell by their limited action in FA this year, that they're looking for a particular type of "Player" and won't overspend on flashy names that will disjoint the noses of the younger "Players" that are on the team.

How much cap space does his trade free up? If it's a lot, more eyes could be focused on Overdork. If not, I say it's a Nix philosophical move.

I think this is the way it works, and I'm being totally serious. Overdork is in charge of the entire cap. That is his job and his responsibility, and he wields a lot of power. He looks at the roster and tries to find ways he can make the team the most money, and still have a viable product to keep the fans coming. He looks at the Bills roster like a fan does (although being in the league he knows a little about football). He sees a lot of young talent. he knows a guy like Naaman Roosevelt or even Marcus Easley are in danger of being released even though they have a lot of potential and talent to be in the NFL. He sees Lee Evans and thinks we have paid him already for what he has done, and he is still owed 3.5 million this year and 5 million next year (approximately, IIRC). He thinks to himself, I can save us almost 8 million dollars keeping Roosvelt or Buster Davis who they just signed instead of Evans.

The problem is, he is not a personnel man, or football man as they say, and never has been. Most if not all teams in the league have a football guy making personnel decisions who has learned how to use the cap. We have a bean counter who doesn't know player's worth making football decisions because he has that power.

This is just my speculation but I think Nix and Gailey were probably told before they got here that they would not always have the final say in personnel matters. It's probably why we didn't get bigger names. They decided they would take the dream job they are probably never going to get elsewhere, even giving in on something that perhaps when they were younger they would have taken a bigger stand against. I also think they probably love their jobs now, except days like this when they are powerless.

I'll take that bet. Lee missed 3 full games and the majority of the Cleveland Browns game last year and Steve Johnson still had 21 catches over that stretch.

Right. Because stuff like this is exclusive to Buddy Nix. The BILLS have zero history of this kind of crap. Just like they'd never fire an OC and cut their starting LT the week before the season opener or IR their defensive leader during training camp because he wouldn't renegotiate.

This franchise is run like garbage and has been for nearly 50 years. If you take out two short glory periods, this team makes Mike Brown's Cincinnati Bengals look like the New York Yankees.

THIS.

I've come to accept that the Bills will NEVER be good as long as Ralph Wilson is the owner of this franchise, barring some fluke season where all the stars align. I watch because I love the game and I became a fan of the Bills as a child during the glory days.

This trade is terrible. Spare me the "It's just Lee Evans". The message of the trade is: "We're giving up on 2011!"

A lot of these players for picks trades are stupid. Marshall Faulk just went into the HOF. Do you think the Rams wouldn't do that trade 100 times out of 100.

All I'm saying is if that is the going rate for a first ballot hall of famer, Lee Evans for a 4 isn't that bad. Plus, what has Lee Evans been doing? He had one good game last year which happened to be against baltimore -- that's it. The bills will not miss a bit. I'm very interested to see what Buster Davis or Easley or even Nelson can do. They definitely will not be afraid to go over the middle like Lee was his entire career.

OMG, you would think the Bills have traded away Jerry Rice or someone who has averaged more than 50 catches for his career. Holy cow, at his best Lee Evans was just a glorified Santana Moss -- and that was years ago. Get over it, the Bills saved a good 3 million dollars for a guy who was giving them little to no impact -- and picked up a 4th rounder to boot. Everybody wins in this deal. Good luck to you, Lee!

Never mind that ****!

This is an opportunity to lord presumption over highly paid professionals!

HARUMPH!

Somebody, anybody, clarify for me:

a.) Did we trade a receiver who had 81 catches over his last 29 starts?

Or b.) did we trade away a decoy?

If I'm missing anything, let me know...

Otherwise, please tell me under which scenario (a or b) did we get the short end of the stick with a fourth round draft pick?

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Buffalo has traded WR Lee Evans traded to Baltimore.

Dunno specifics yet

SCREW THIS TEAM!!!!!!! IM CALLING DIRECT TV RIGHT FREAKEN NOW. HEY THEY JUST SAVED ME $300!!!!!!!