Cards have interest

Seriously why are we worried about trading Lee Evans. With the team 25 mil under the cap. He more valuable as a Bill than some draft pick. Defenses still have to respect him. When he was injured the offense struggled. He's the reason why the other WRS get open!!!

If you are a true fan start screaming why this team doesn't have any decent tackles !!!!!!

+1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no use in trading him at this point, unless the other team is willing to part with a talented lineman, which teams typically just don't do. I question anybody saying Evans is worth a first-round pick.

He's not. THESE people are delirious.

A 2nd round at best but 3rd is probably the most reasonable.

Evans has 2 years left on his contract. Does anyone think he'll get an extension with the Bills? The Bills have enormous depth at WR. I understand what Evans brings to the table, but the Bills aren't going to the playoffs this year (that might take another year or two). Plus Evans won't be re-signed at the end of his contract, so why not try and get something for him, especially since the Bills are still rebuilding. Why cut one of the young and up incoming WR's for a guy that will be off the team in 2 years?

He is rated around the 65th best receiver. His value is not what it was before he quit on the team. A third round pick and we are doing well. He will go to AZ and play well for three games then will dog it for the rest of his career. He is a quitter.

He is rated around the 65th best receiver. His value is not what it was before he quit on the team. A third round pick and we are doing well. He will go to AZ and play well for three games then will dog it for the rest of his career. He is a quitter.

:rolleyes:

I've been questioning Evans for a couple of years now. Unfortunatly I don't think we have another burner that can take his place on the team right now. Roscoe's fast but has trouble getting jammed at the LOS which is why he plays the slot. All the other WR are posession type receivers. We need to be able to stretch the field some.

Would hate to see Lee go. He's been our most talented player on offense in the 5 years. He's the best player on a bad offense. He had a bad year last year but his contribution to the offense in stretching the field. And you just can't stretch the field when your quarterback is consistently throwing the ball with pressure on him. We shouldn't be so quick to let him go from one bad season. Losing him would take away the player that defenses gameplan around and what would we really gain in return. A 3rd or 4th. He's more valuable than that!!!!!!

I've been questioning Evans for a couple of years now. Unfortunatly I don't think we have another burner that can take his place on the team right now. Roscoe's fast but has trouble getting jammed at the LOS which is why he plays the slot. All the other WR are posession type receivers. We need to be able to stretch the field some.

How fast is Easly if he can stay healthy. I know he's not as fast but his size mixed with speed might be able to go deep. I'm probably wrong thou.

First, I am a Lee fan! He has been a good soldier for the Bills even though he would have had greater success with any team that had a decent passing offense. I truly believe he can compete and is an asset to the Bills.

That being said, Stevie is clearly Fitz's 'go to guy' and Fitz is not going to be throwing many streak pattern passes that Lee excels in. Also, we have a strong cast of young players who look really good in the wings but until they get their shot it's impossible to know for sure if they can be long range starters.

Lee's salary has absoultely no negative impact on the structure of the Bills. He is underpaid if anything so discussion of his pay is irrelevent.

What really is interesting is that the Cardinals may not be the only team in need of a receiver with Evan's skill set. The Philadelphia Eagles' Jeremy Macklin is a mystery non-player right now and the discussion in Philly is that his 'illness' may be much more serious than first diagnosed as mono back in March.

If we can get two teams into a bidding war ... well then we might get more value for Lee than he is worth and if that's the case I say make the trade Buddy and let's let the young players prove themselves on the playing field.

I lean towards agreeing with this, which is why my price for Evans would be a 1st and 7th as well.

If they want him, then make it an offer we cant refuse.

Agreed. And they need him to keep Fitzgerald happy. Fitzgerald has been very unhappy in Arizona since Bolden left as he continually faces double and triple coverage.

The problem I see is that he is worth more to us than to other teams. But, if the deal is good enough to make the Bills better in the long term then get it done!!

He's actually worth much more to other teams like the Cardinals.

Cincy only got a 5th for ochocinco. what are you people smoking?

Nothing to warp my sense of his value. I get that his "actual market value" is at best probably only a 3rd or 4th.

What I am saying is that he is worth more to this team right now, than a future 3rd.

Not that difficult of a concept to understand.

If you really love your house and dont want to move, but someone wants to make you an offer for your house, do you just take market value? No, you ask for what it would be worth for you to give up the house and move.

There's no use in trading him at this point, unless the other team is willing to part with a talented lineman, which teams typically just don't do. I question anybody saying Evans is worth a first-round pick.

Nobody is saying he's worth a first round pick, I could care less about what his so called trade value is. Point is why would we trade away our best receiver UNLESS we get compensated well enough. I could live with a 1st round and 7th round pick as compensation but not with ANYTHING less then that and even then I think it hurts us more then it will gain us.

Why in the world would we want to trade away a guy we selected as 13th overall, that wants to be here, is true to his draft posistion, draws double coverage, is a teacher and leader to the other young unproven WRs and so on and so on...

One of the few first rounds picks that actually worked out and stuck with us, let's get rid of him cheap as well as we dont need any first round talent for longer then 5 years.