LEFT TACKLE

Well thank goodness for small miracles!!! Now Bell can remember the snap count that's called in the huddle? He doesn't suck every game just some of them? At this rate maybe the 27 year old will be a complete LT by the time he hits 33. Bravo! Let's get him a bust in Canton!

I may just sit back for a while and let you try to convince these idiots of how bad our OT's are. I am starting to get tired of the same idiot arguments I read on the various threads here... Looks like another -Long season- ahead... And afterwards we'll hear about "if we only didn't have all these injuries..." 6-10 that is where this team is headed...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People sure do have short memories.....

Jonas Jennings got beat for sacks just like every other Left Tackle in the league does......and was injured all the time.

I truly do hope that Bell comes out and continues his improvement that has been happening every year just to shut his detractors up....but of course you wont hear a peep till he misses a game or something because of an injury

People sure do have short memories.....

Jonas Jennings got beat for sacks just like every other Left Tackle in the league does......and was injured all the time.

I truly do hope that Bell comes out and continues his improvement that has been happening every year just to shut his detractors up....but of course you wont hear a peep till he misses a game or something because of an injury

Kinda like vultures hovering around waiting till something bad happens before they make their move.

We go nowhere without quality tackles. End of story.

Yeah, because guys like Mike Gandy and Jonathan Scott will never get a sniff of a Super Bowl...no wait, both of those Bills castoffs started in the Super Bowl at tackle right?

I definitely do not love our tackle depth and am reserved about our tackle talent, but I think Bell will be above average this year and not a big focus of blame. Remember last year he was coming off the major injury and limited in practice reps, etc. And we all KNOW no matter who plays there, RT will be better this year than last year. It is still the #1 position I was hoping we would reinforce, but I don't think things are as dire as your statement indicates.

but but but ....Just give our guys more time to develop!....Wait to see what happens when player X is not coming back from injury this off season...so and so is serviceable and still learning.

Our OT situation is in a really really sad state and it has been for a while. Time to admit that we shouldn't have cut Peters and Walker because whether you liked them or not they were far and away better than what we have now. It's probably too late now but Ralph should have opened the coffers and gotten a couple play off caliber OTs instead of the failing projects we currently have.

Oh, shut up!

I mean, really?? Admitting past moves ruin the the team will make you feel better?? Jebus!!

Go find another team to NOT root for!

I may just sit back for a while and let you try to convince these idiots of how bad our OT's are. I am starting to get tired of the same idiot arguments I read on the various threads here... Looks like another -Long season- ahead... And afterwards we'll hear about "if we only didn't have all these injuries..." 6-10 that is where this team is headed...

Thanks for joining up. Feel better?

You got your choice of Bryant Mckinnie, Max Starks, Shawn Andrews, Jared Gaithers, Langston Walker, Herman Johnson and a couple other guys - These guys all have some type of problem (injury, weight, has been,or never was) my guess is out of the 7 or 8 guys maybe one or two will be able to contribute and the rest will just suck up salary and take reps from your younger players- so the question is do you trust this front office even trying to make that pick.

Doug Whaley (who up to now, most TSW posters have thought highly of) is the guy to make that call. If he doesn't think any of these FAs are upgrades, does that make him yet another front office mediocrity??

Yeah, because guys like Mike Gandy and Jonathan Scott will never get a sniff of a Super Bowl...no wait, both of those Bills castoffs started in the Super Bowl at tackle right?

I definitely do not love our tackle depth and am reserved about our tackle talent, but I think Bell will be above average this year and not a big focus of blame. Remember last year he was coming off the major injury and limited in practice reps, etc. And we all KNOW no matter who plays there, RT will be better this year than last year. It is still the #1 position I was hoping we would reinforce, but I don't think things are as dire as your statement indicates.

I liked johnathan scott as rt and thought he was progressing better than bell. never understood that cut if your going to develop young guys. he was'nt great in pitt last year and even got benched for a spell in s.b., but wang is a downgrade for sure.

Marc Colombo was available to play RT, but fins picked him up, solid vet. I think Vernon Carey and Bryant Mckinnie showed up to their teams fat and out of shape. Vernon maybe out in miami soon, but if these guys are too fat and slow forget it. We will be scanning the waivers for sure.

6-10 is some serious optimism with Wang at LT. We must have the cheapest Tackle duo in the NFL by a longgggggggggggggggggggg margin. And it will not pay off.

All I know is we have Parrish, Spiller, Smith, McKelvin,Mcgee as PR/KR special team guys so we have all the depth we need accoridng to our Gm/Coach.

That's quite a stable of returners. Thanks for listing them, the return game isn't something I've been focusing on. I remember a day when special teams and defense alone would get us a few TDs.

I haven't read through this thread yet, but I imagine this has been covered.

Listen, I'm been defending Nix most of this off season for staying true to his vision and not signing any dead weight just for the sake of "doing something" (we all saw how that played out with Walker, Green and Dockery).

At the same time, this O-line is in desperate need of depth. It's inexcusable for the Bills to go into the season with the current tackles, especially given how injury prone Bell has been.

I haven't read through this thread yet, but I imagine this has been covered.

Listen, I'm been defending Nix most of this off season for staying true to his vision and not signing any dead weight just for the sake of "doing something" (we all saw how that played out with Walker, Green and Dockery).

At the same time, this O-line is in desperate need of depth. It's inexcusable for the Bills to go into the season with the current tackles, especially given how injury prone Bell has been.

Yeah...I'm hoping that they are waiting for a surprise cut to become available or something...if not they'll go and settle for Flozell or another vet...I am kinda glad they didn't hurl a big paycheck at a 2nd tier RT after they lost out on Clabo.

What we need, if we cannot get a quality starter, and I don't really see one out there right now, is a veteran swing tackle that can play both sides in a pinch, and maybe Flozell is that guy.

(...)

There is a decent chance that on the eve of the season, in the final cuts, a veteran tackle will be cut that needs a job and paycheck and we can sign him to be insurance. That would be ideal.

I think you're correct about the Bills waiting for cuts on the eve of the season.

I can't call this ideal. The OT they bring in will have zero chance to learn the offense and gel with the rest of the guys, at a position where this is critical.

Left tackle play is less important in the wildcat.

i laughed. but who knows whats behind door number 2?

But as i am just finshed reading all the anger towards Bell being dinged up and has become a whipping boy.

Everyone is getting nicked up. Its a bad situation for all having less time with coaches and trainers.

Bell is an improving player. I agree with most here, that you get better by not being injured and on the field.

I mean look at us. Wood Wang Bell were all injured and missed alot of on experience with our new coaching style. We could list many more on both sides of the ball. Our team is more behind than some i think, in regard to their potential develepement than most teams because we have changed defense extremely and seem to be moving towards a pass oriented team. we are really under the screws. And we B word about Bell?

really? I do not want the Fitzer to get blind sided either but he survived last year and that was not pretty early on. We have no depth at ot and you guys B word about Bell being dinged?

i am so done with you people.

But whaddya think 8-8?

Adam Terry 6-8 335, Syracuse, Swing Tackle, backup to Jonathan Ogden, Michael Oher, and Jared Gaither is sitting right now in Rochester waiting to pick up the phone. Check back and he was the person that caused Pears to be cut from JAX. He's had two years to recover from microfracture, is a VERY high character guy, leader in the locker room. Pick up the Phone Buddy - he's sitting in your back yard, and would love to play in Upstate New York.

Yeah...I'm hoping that they are waiting for a surprise cut to become available or something...if not they'll go and settle for Flozell or another vet...I am kinda glad they didn't hurl a big paycheck at a 2nd tier RT after they lost out on Clabo.

The Bills are waiting to raid some team's practice squad

It's way too early for them to be picking up street free agents rejected by every team in the league since even bad OTs are still employed by some team

Adam Terry 6-8 335, Syracuse, Swing Tackle, backup to Jonathan Ogden, Michael Oher, and Jared Gaither is sitting right now in Rochester waiting to pick up the phone. Check back and he was the person that caused Pears to be cut from JAX. He's had two years to recover from microfracture, is a VERY high character guy, leader in the locker room. Pick up the Phone Buddy - he's sitting in your back yard, and would love to play in Upstate New York.

I would like to think that they are already talking if he is what you say. Lets take a look!

Count me in!

I think adding the best of the McKinney/gaither messes is the right move honestly. We will probably need 3 if not 4 guys to play OT this year and even being generous i don't know we have one guy that would start on another team. Frankly I think bell might be a backup (first off the bench) and everyone else would be fringe on rosters, as a generalization of their talent level. As long as McKinney or gaither can walk on the field and play (due to health), even if lazy it's another guy that is a definite NFL player. I'm not even sure if I should say another as we could probably cut them all and the only way any see playing time in this league is ala jonathan scott on a seriously depleted line

Say bell gets hurt - not unlikely- we are going to battle with Wang, pears, and Hairston? It's worth a flyer.

Edited by NoSaint