LEFT TACKLE

People sure do have short memories.....

Jonas Jennings got beat for sacks just like every other Left Tackle in the league does......and was injured all the time.

I truly do hope that Bell comes out and continues his improvement that has been happening every year just to shut his detractors up....but of course you wont hear a peep till he misses a game or something because of an injury

John, with ALL due respect, Jennings was a fine LT on the rare occasions he was healthy. He was signed away from us as a UFA for big bucks because of this.

Jennings was as agile as Bell, and he was also bigger and much stronger. Remember, he played RT for a while and was a good player there as well.

Apologists have been praising Bell for years now but he doesn't produce. We all hope that he does turn into a prominent LT but reality should tell us that the odds are slim. He isn't a kid.

Our friend Badolbilz coined the phrase, "Jennings ala cart" because he was often injured and getting carted off the field. Bell appears to be to small, injury prone, and weak to be a dominant LT. And as you certainly know, dominant LTs are a good thing.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Terry 6-8 335, Syracuse, Swing Tackle, backup to Jonathan Ogden, Michael Oher, and Jared Gaither is sitting right now in Rochester waiting to pick up the phone. Check back and he was the person that caused Pears to be cut from JAX. He's had two years to recover from microfracture, is a VERY high character guy, leader in the locker room. Pick up the Phone Buddy - he's sitting in your back yard, and would love to play in Upstate New York.

Welcome to the board Terry, I'ld like you here too.

John, with ALL due respect, Jennings was a fine LT on the rare occasions he was healthy. He was signed away from us as a UFA for big bucks because of this.

Jennings was as agile as Bell, and he was also bigger and much stronger. Remember, he played RT for a while and was a good player there as well.

Apologists have been praising Bell for years now but he doesn't produce. We all hope that he does turn into a prominent LT but reality should tell us that the odds are slim. He isn't a kid.

Our friend Badolbilz coined the phrase, "Jennings ala cart" because he was often injured and getting carted off the field. Bell appears to be to small, injury prone, and weak to be a dominant LT. And as you certainly know, dominant LTs are a good thing.

Bill, I don't know that I've seen many people "praising" Bell; hopeful would be a better word. His athleticism and background make for a good story, and he played adequately last year. He is actually still pretty young (27), and being an OL guru I'm sure you also realize many O-linemen don't reach their potential until around that age, and they can easily play into their 30s at a high level.

I really hope the shoulder strain isn't a serious thing, because I believe he's been able to build strength this offseason and I'd like to see him in the preseason games. If Wang is forced into action Fitz better have his head on a swivel.