Trent Edwards to Oakland

"Oakland also filled their hole at quarterback, signing Trent Edwards. In Edwards’ return to the Bay Area, he’ll compete with Kyle Boller to back up Jason Campbell."

I guess the days of quality backups are long gone...

"Oakland also filled their hole at quarterback, signing Trent Edwards. In Edwards’ return to the Bay Area, he’ll compete with Kyle Boller to back up Jason Campbell."

I guess the days of quality backups are long gone...

Thats hysterical. When Vince Young, Marc Bulger and Alex Smith are/were available...

one of the comments on the story is "Wow, they are loaded at QB."

On the other hand. The home opener will be Trent's second trip back to the Ralph on another team's roster. Just ordered the tix for that game yesterday.

Apparently he grew a beard. Am I the only one who finds this funny?

Linky

Wish I had an actual pic.

What's strange is that I bet they're confusing him with Fitz - HE'S the "beard grower extraordinaire". Man, we're really, really under the radar these days... o_O

Apparently he grew a beard. Am I the only one who finds this funny?

What I find funny is that Captain Checkdown is going to a team run by an owner who is famous both for meddling on game day and for being in love with the vertical passing game. Al Davis doesn't get much respect these days, but maybe this is proof that he really has lost it.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Of all the QB's to come in and out of our door in the last 15 years he is the one I would most like to succeed. Holcomb would have been second.

One day he'll be a Super Bowl winning QB with Dakota Fanning at his side.

Everyone knows Al Davis likes the long ball, this makes no sense at all.

Its amazing that the league still allows him to play.His post -concussion play

was so sad,so pathetic that you had to feel sorry for him. I'm serious--he is a

couple of rough hits to the noggin away from a care home.The league needs to

get a handle on this.

I thought Bulger was rumored to move to 'Zona unless the Ravens re-up him. SF is planning to resign Smith.

Young vs. Trent Edwards ......well, given it's Al Davis, I'm surprised too

He learned enough with JaMarcuss that strong armed cannon QB's don't get it done.