Trent Edwards to Oakland

Of all the QB's to come in and out of our door in the last 15 years he is the one I would most like to succeed. Holcomb would have been second.

One day he'll be a Super Bowl winning QB with Dakota Fanning at his side.

Agreed.

And for 8 weeks in september/october of 08, he provided me the most fun as a bills fan since the late fall of 04. 5 wins in 6 games? yes!

In other news, Al Davis has decided that the vertical passing game and drafting the fastest players doesn't really work, and is suggesting the team try to check down a little more. He will be drafting pass catching running backs and slow blocking receivers in the 2012 draft.

Said Davis: "I have finally realized the error of my obsession with speed and vertical passing, and within a couple of drafts we should be able to build a winning team around Trent of players who refuse to go more than five years downfield".

But I am in agreement that the Zona hit changed him, and he was lots of fun until then, so I wish him nothing but the best, and hope he can stay in the league at least a few more years without getting his brains scrambled again.

Don't get the hate for Trent. He was a classy guy and never said a bad word about the franchise. He was a 3rd round pick who didn't turn out to be a franchise QB. It happens. Best of luck to him and he will hang around this league for a long time as a backup QB.

Its amazing that the league still allows him to play.His post -concussion play

was so sad,so pathetic that you had to feel sorry for him. I'm serious--he is a

couple of rough hits to the noggin away from a care home.The league needs to

get a handle on this.

How do you explain his pre-concussion play?

Don't get the hate for Trent. He was a classy guy and never said a bad word about the franchise. He was a 3rd round pick who didn't turn out to be a franchise QB. It happens. Best of luck to him and he will hang around this league for a long time as a backup QB.

Dude after a loss he talked about how we didn't get the running game going, blitz pickup was bad, and on and on,

he was horrible and always passed the buck.

How do you explain his pre-concussion play?

He wasn't that good before the concussion

"He's a bit wild outside of the pocket and opts to try suicidal runs and wild passes instead of checking down or throwing the ball away."

:blink:

This guy can't possibly be talking about Trentative Checkwards.

Has there ever been a worse fit for a team in NFL history? I mean Al Davis always wants to stretch the field and go deep, and Trent is the anti-deep game who handicaps and pussifies an offense

Oh come on--Davis has stretched and gone deep in Ms. Davis more recently than his lame offense has been anything close to that. Rich Gannon is long gone.