Brad Smith...Update...signs with Buffalo

I would love this signing for the mere fact that my sophomore year at Mizzou was when Brad came in single handedly changed the course of Mizzou football. He is my all time favorite Tiger. Guy is a class act and a Dynamic returner. That being said, we don't need him but what the hell.

Edited by Stl Bills

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per rotoworld/rich cimini

The Bills are reportedly making a "strong push" to sign free agent WR/KR Brad Smith.

Buffalo has filled the void with the Bears backing off, though we're not sure about the fit. The Bills have explosive returners coming out of the ears, and C.J. Spiller would seem to be capable running many of the same gadget plays. Coach Chan Gailey can use Smith creatively, but he's not one swiss army knife away from a winning team. Jul. 28 - 12:47 pm et

I don't see the need for him. Hypothetically WR is our strongest position. We draft 1st rounders to take care of kick/punt return duties, so there's no need to bring him in for that. I think Buffalo Rumblings mentioned the possibility of the Pistol offense which is crazy because of the shortened time-frame we have to run it in camp.

I don't see the need for him. Hypothetically WR is our strongest position. We draft 1st rounders to take care of kick/punt return duties, so there's no need to bring him in for that. I think Buffalo Rumblings mentioned the possibility of the Pistol offense which is crazy because of the shortened time-frame we have to run it in camp.

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini believes free agent WR/KR Brad Smith's value has increased thanks to a proposal in the new CBA that would make all third quarterbacks active on game days.

Smith could now serve as a team's official number-three quarterback while still fulfilling all of his other duties, essentially providing a bonus roster spot. It would be a luxury, but not something that's likely to add many extra dollars to Smith's contract.

I think we obviously have a greater need for ILB and OT but I would love to have Brad Smith. Chan is probably drooling over him. He can be a very valuable cog in an offense, especially with the new 3rd QB rules. I'm not a huge fan of the Wildcat and think it's already passed its prime, but that is mostly because there usually isn't a real throwing threat from the back running it. Smith can throw. He won't be breaking the bank and helps our offense. I'd love this move.

I think we obviously have a greater need for ILB and OT but I would love to have Brad Smith. Chan is probably drooling over him. He can be a very valuable cog in an offense, especially with the new 3rd QB rules. I'm not a huge fan of the Wildcat and think it's already passed its prime, but that is mostly because there usually isn't a real throwing threat from the back running it. Smith can throw. He won't be breaking the bank and helps our offense. I'd love this move.

100% agree, great post! :worthy:

Was he used as a wildcat passer in NY?

I think it would be a good pickup because he would instantly become our best returner. And how would this be the Bills if they didn't enter camp with a new returner on the roster?

I think it would be a good pickup because he would instantly become our best returner. And how would this be the Bills if they didn't enter camp with a new returner on the roster?

Yes he was the wildcat QB with the Jets

He would be the best returner on the team. Not to mention a Brad Smith / CJ Spiller Wildcat would be ridiculous. Smith is such a long strider that he doesn't look like he runs that fast but he is dangerous in the open field......

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnR_gSgVAz0[/media]

Aren't they signing Nesbit for the same thing?

Yes, but Nesbit is mostly a player that helps fill out the roster whose best chance of making the team is by getting on the practice squad.

Smith has NFL experience and can be an impact player.

Well good returners will be nullified this year due to the rule change of moving kick offs up. Lots more touch backs to come. Put him in the slot as a miss match. Guy has talent.

Maybe it's at least in part for reconnaissance reasons? We got Tyler Thigpen from the Fish, so now we know how they run their offense etc. Then if we get Brad Smith, we got the Jets' inside scoop. Now if we can just get someone from the Patsies. I'm thinking one of their OLinemen.