Brad Smith...Update...signs with Buffalo

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good move ... because we don't have enough WRs or returners. Can he block, stop the run or rush the passer? Guess Chan wants more toys to not use *cough*spiller*cough*

Edited by damj

I love how we complain that Ralph is cheap but a playmaker might be available and we better not overpay or get him on the cheap

Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa - I've never been one to beat that drum, Captain. My cheap comment comes from the fact that we have many speed guys, and it's not perceived as a huge "need."

EDIT: Regardless, it's good to see the Bills thinking outside the box, showing some life in FA.

Edited by NickelCity

#3QB?

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini believes free agent WR/KR Brad Smith's value has increased thanks to a proposal in the new CBA that would make all third quarterbacks active on game days.

Smith could now serve as a team's official number-three quarterback while still fulfilling all of his other duties, essentially providing a bonus roster spot. It would be a luxury, but not something that's likely to add many extra dollars to Smith's contract.

Good move ... because we don't have enough WRs or returners. Can he block, stop the run or rush the passer? Guess Chan wants more toys to not use *cough*spiller*cough*

my thoughts exactly...well said

How about you go get a guy that can tackle someone or stop the other team from scoring instead of doing these "cute" little moves...Getting Spiller or a Brad Smith are moves that good teams can do to make themsleves elite, not for bad teams trying to become relevant in the league

As long as they don't over-pay for him, OK, I guess.

I don't understand the interest at all, unless Chan wants to maybe run the wildcat sometimes. I think Smith

was a college QB. I don't think he is any more than a decent backup WR - nothing special....

Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa - I've never been one to beat that drum, Captain. My cheap comment comes from the fact that we have many speed guys, and it's not perceived as a huge "need."

EDIT: Regardless, it's good to see the Bills thinking outside the box, showing some life in FA.

Not necessarily directed at you Nickel, just an observation of the last few days

my thoughts exactly...well said

How about you go get a guy that can tackle someone or stop the other team from scoring instead of doing these "cute" little moves...Getting Spiller or a Brad Smith are moves that good teams can do to make themsleves elite, not for bad teams trying to become relevant in the league

Or you can go out and get guys that can help the offence score so that if/when the other teams score because the defence isn't elite yet, they can march back down the field and actually be a threat to score a TD.

You can win a game 3-0 or you can win it 54-51, either one counts the same in the standings