Brad Smith...Update...signs with Buffalo

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been linked to OT Clabo and Colon, ILB Bradly, Burnett and Ruud. So we are doing things. and we don't need anyone on the DLine.

I understand this completely. The problem is, we never win any of these battles. Ever. And, you could always use guys on the D-line. Always. Especially when you can't get to the QB OR it's proven that you can't stop the run. I hope I'm premature in my criticism, but if we end up with Smith, and nobody else decent at LB AND O-line, then this is flat out stupid.

You've gotta be kidding me.

Edited by Lv-Bills

What a stupid, stupid signing! This must mean Evans is getting the boot. I hate this pick-up with a passion. Is this a cost cutting move so that the Bills don't have to re-sign Stevie Johnson, next year? WTF!!! What about Clabo? Burnett? Miller? Boss?

Looks like you haven't read anything posted about how we will use him.

Don't we already have guys like this?

I welcome talent when we get it, but with out an O-Line, I don't really see the point. :/

:thumbsup:

Correct, without a good team, guys like Smith are useless. We aren't really a good team yet. He's like a brand new playstation 3 for sale at retail pricing...... at a flea market.

Edited by Lv-Bills

I understand this completely. The problem is, we never win any of these battles. Ever. And, you could always use guys on the D-line. Always. Especially when you can't get to the QB OR it's proven that you can't stop the run. I hope I'm premature in my criticism, but if we end up with Smith, and nobody else decent at LB AND O-line, then this is flat out stupid.

\I agree if we don't get a ILB, OT and/or TE then yes Bills FO f'ed it up but we are still way under the cap so we will make a move at those spots.

This guy is not going to take a WR spot. He will take the 3QB spot. He also makes our special teams better, which could use some help.

Man, some of you guys are just weird. We drafted Marcel Dareus. It looks like we're after Clabo. There are good 3-4 ILB FA's out there. I think some of you peed in your own corn flakes, and are now complaining about it. Oi.

If you read between the lines, we will be passing out of the Wildcat formation this year.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

Pats and Dolphins were reportedly interested. If he signed with the Pats wed be bitching that we didnt make a good offer

How do you think we should stop manbearpig?

Outside of some, if not all KR, I don't think he takes many if any touches away from Spiller. I would expect Spiller to be the back in the packages with Smith as much as Jackson. I'm really excited about this guy, always thought he was very good and under utilized. Gailey is drooling about it, no doubt.

This doesn't lessen the need for a RT, though. If we can get Clabo or a good RT, i think our offense will not only be exciting, but pretty damn good. You'll see a lot of Spiller.

It gives us competition for roles and good depth. Also may work well by taking advantage of the new rules for 3rd qb's by giving us a "free" roster spot. Now we have somebody who can really take advantage of that spot.

We'll only see more of Spiller if he steps up his game. Now we're relying a little less on that happening.

No, it just means the pick made a lot of us want to puke when it happened, and I just wanted to re-visit that fact.

I'm still waiting for the Bills to address a need from last year, other than a backup position. I must not be thinking clearly.....I didn't think gimmicks were one of our weaknesses last year.

You seem to be implying that the Bills should not sign ANYONE except OL and DL... wait didn't we DRAFT number three and add D-Line help?

Aren't the Bills (at least based on reports) trying to sign Clabo?

Do you suggest they sign no one else as a punishment if they CAN'T sign a premier tackle?

Free agency is about making the team better. If Smith is better than someone on the roster (perhaps Roscoe) then bye bye to that player.

:thumbsup:

Correct, without a good team, guys like Smith are useless. We aren't really a good team yet.

I think we have talent on offense, we just need protection, and to not be sloppy with the ball. Things like fumbles and wide open drops and late interceptions hurt last year in close games. Hopefully we pick up some OL reliability so we can make use of these sorts of players.

We're going to have to have speed, looking at what NE is doing on their defense :lol:

Article on Smith leaving the Jets (ESPN): Story

They knew they couldn't afford him when he would be a free agent. I don't see why a reporter would even mention Braylon Edwards though while talking about Smith. Even though Smith may have a WR next to his name, he's never going to be a full time WR. He has no relation to signing Edwards.

Absolutely LOVE this move...take a playmaker away from the JOKES, get a guy who can actually be your #3 QB but is awesome in the return game and lining up on the field???? I'll take that deal anyday.

I remember him burning us too many times to not like this move. The Bills for too long have not had talented players on the roster, this is awesome! If we add an OT and a TE this offseason will go down as one of the most exciting in recent memory

Pats and Dolphins were reportedly interested. If he signed with the Pats wed be bitching that we didnt make a good offer

How do you think we should stop manbearpig?

EXACTLY. Smith would be fantastic with New England. EXACTLY my point. He is effective when he's on a good team and can be their gimmick. Gimmick doesn't work if you already suck, because defenses aren't afraid of anyone else on your team, so it's kind of hard for gimmicks to find space.

I don't get it. Smith would be excellent for New England. New Orleans. Indy maybe. Green Bay. Buffalo? Not yet. We have so many holes to fill, we don't need gimmicks, or even guys like CJ Spiller.......yet.

Wood and Levitre sound so much more competent when you add a guy like Clabo with them. GET CLABO, then get a guy like this.......maybe.

Edited by Lv-Bills

You seem to be implying that the Bills should not sign ANYONE except OL and DL... wait didn't we DRAFT number three and add D-Line help?

Aren't the Bills (at least based on reports) trying to sign Clabo?

Do you suggest they sign no one else as a punishment if they CAN'T sign a premier tackle?

Free agency is about making the team better. If Smith is better than someone on the roster (perhaps Roscoe) then bye bye to that player.

I can't stand stuff like this. We did sign help. Dareus and Sheppard right? Didn't we also sign McCargo, Maybin, Poz, and so on, and so on, and so on? How'd that work out for us? LOVE our draft. Love it. Problem is, they are rookies and we have no idea whether they are good or not. Undisputable fact.

Another fact: We can't get to the QB, our OT's are below average, AND we can't stop the run. SO FIX THE PROBLEMS. We aren't weak on gimmicks. I don't not like Brad Smith. He's just not needed, at this time, on this team.

Edited by Lv-Bills