What's your favorite moment....

NewEra

Only one moment comes to mind as the best.

The day the Bills signed Takeo Spikes. I thought it was a longshot and was stunned that he would sign with us. Miss that guys enthusiasm.

- 2nd best moment, finding out word of mouth that we traded peerless price for a 1st round pick. What a joke. Too bad we took mcGahee.

- drafting dareus could rank up there.

- sucks that there isn't a game moment involved there. Hardys catch vs jacksonville and Lindells game winner vs Oakland were pretty special.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 5-1 stretch during the 2008 season. Brady was done for the season the Bills were looking good, a playoff berth looked all but ours.

First half of the Dallas Monday night game. Looked like a blow out win on national TV, and a statement to the rest of the league.

First half of the 2006 opener against NE. Hot start with Spikes and Fletcher teaming up for the defensive touchdown. Had the makings of a blow out.

Week 17 2004. Just needed to beat the Steelers 2nd stringers and playoff bound. Sure thing.

We all know how each of these fine moments ended.

The day the Bills signed Takeo Spikes. I thought it was a longshot and was stunned that he would sign with us. Miss that guys enthusiasm.

- 2nd best moment, finding out word of mouth that we traded peerless price for a 1st round pick. What a joke. Too bad we took mcGahee.

- sucks that there isn't a game moment involved there. Hardys catch vs jacksonville and Lindells game winner vs Oakland were pretty special.

Bills-Seahawks 2004 was epic.

Bills-Broncos 2008 was awesome because we partied very effectively and it was a great day and they won even though they were already out of it.

Bills-Packers last year even though they got smoked, Lambeau was unbelievable.

Overall, the '04 run was pretty sweet although of course they blew it in the last week.

OK correction- the single greatest moment in the last decade is without a doubt when they sacked Brady and scored a TD on the first play from scrimmage in the entire season. People were jumping and hugging strangers at the Bills bar in Denver. It was complete and utter mayhem.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Week 17 2004. Just needed to beat the Steelers 2nd stringers and playoff bound. Sure thing.

We all know how each of these fine moments ended.

damn you Willie Parker, James Harrison and whoever stuck their foot out to trip willis when he was going to take it 90 to the house.

But mostly Bledsoe

Game wise:

T-Mac's INT and KO return for TDs against cincy on Christmas Eve.

Marshawn Lynch rumbling 55 yards to seal a win against Cincy (another time).

Jason Peters' blocked punt/TD against cincy a 3rd time.

Sad when all of the highlight moments happen against the same sad-sack team. :(

I am not afraid to say it...I thought we were going to carry on, after a minor bump in the road in 2000-01, when they made the trade for Bledsoe.

I thought it was a great move. I figured Bledsoe had a little more time, his arm was as great as ever, and we had the offensive talent...the first half of the 2002 season was a blast. I will put the game winning TD that Blesoe threw to Peerless Price to win the game against Minnestoa was one of the prettiest passes in Bills history, IMO. Not every QB could have made that pass...it was as much touch as it was arm strenghth. Or, his 29 yarder to Moulds, the week before against the Jets, to tie the game up in regulation.

Unfortunately, the defense wasn't up to the task that year...as they D got better, the offense (or moreover Drew) started to slow down...they were never in synch, firing on all cylanders, in all facets of the game.

By 2004 we had a terrific big play defense, but the offense just fell apart as Bledsoe became more immobile, and could never really replace the magic the passing game had in 2002 with Peerless Price and Eric Moulds...and then there was Travis Henry...call me crazy, but as much as fans hate them, Peerless Price and Travis Henry are two of my favorite Bills from this dark age of Bills football. Price, v.1, IMO, was on the verge of becoming a sueprstar, but went for the money in Atlanta...and Henry, despite all his failings off the field, played with so much heart and deteremintation...the early Donohoe years were so full of hope...you could overlook the crummy uniforms for a while.

Game wise:

You know, I am glad somebody else remembers this game. I remember, going to the bar to watch it, and there was pretty much nobody there...the Bills crowd, normally about 15-20 people that time of the year (it gets smaller by the week as the season goes on, and the losses pile up), consisted of just me and my buddy John, also a Bills die-hard. The bar, two floors, closed one floor down, and there was, literally, total about 10 people there to watch football, and about 4 people working at the bar...it was Christmas Eve, last game of another crappy season, but the Bills played their asses off that day...sent us home very happy. The spirits were flowing...in retrospect, I had no business driving home from the bar that day...really fun game. As we were the only ones making any noise, everyone else in the bar was pulling for the lowly Bills, to beat the lowly Bengals that day, as if the game had some special Christmas meaning...good times...can't wait for the season to start!

Edited by Buftex

Game wise:

Add to it 2010's victory coming back down 31-14 at half.

Dallas Monday Night atmosphere with nothing else even coming close...... Other than that, new unis......

The Kelsay TD from that game was awesome.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

My top 25 Bills game moments in chronological order.

(1) 2000 Week 1 - Titans @ Bills - First game after the music city miracle. The Bills won that game on sunday night and I remember Peerless Price got a personal foul for headbutting. LOL

(2) 2000 Week 2 - Packers @ Bills - We crushed Green Bay. We made Favre look like a stumbling idiot, and Riemersma caught like 3 TDs. I was only 9 years old, but I vaguely remember Phil Hansen doing something awesome that day. Me and my friend were going crazy.

(3) 2000 Week 7 - Chargers @ Bills - It seemed like the Chargers lost 10 players to injury that game. We beat them in overtime. As a kid I thought Jim Harbaugh was a joke of a quarterback, at least he was that game. Now he's a coach, go figure.

(4) 2000 Week 10 - Bills @ Patriots - This game made me think Bledsoe was a terrible quarterback. I guess our defense had a knack for making opposing quarterbacks look bad that year. Anyways, Flutie rallied the team and Christie won it in overtime with a field goal. Our last win in New England. Wow, it's been 11 years.

(5) 2000 Week 11 - Bears @ Bills - My first Bills game ever as a 9 year old boy. Of course all good memories of the Bills involve them winning, so did this one. Doug Flutie Ran in a touchdown. Bills safety Darryl Porter returned a crazy fumble return for a touchdown, and Keith Carpenter had 3 interceptions. The drunk bears fans next to us thought it was hilarious when my mom and I sang the shout song after every score.

(6) 2000 Week 12 - Bills @ Chiefs - I remember my grandma was watching the game with our family and she knew nothing about football. This might be the game where Eric Moulds scored on a fake field goal but it was called back. Anyways, Rob Johnson scored a touchdown late in the game in dramatic fashion when he extended the ball past the pylon. I remember the review of the TD taking forever.

(7) 2000 Week 17 - Bills @ Seahawks - The Bills blew out the Seattle Seahawks. I remember this game being on a saturday night. Since the bills were out of the playoffs, i was the only one watching this game. It seemed like every 5 minutes i would call my dad over saying, "Guess what? The Bills just scored again!" They won 42-23 in Flutie's last game. Some Sheldon Jackson guy played Tight End and scored like 2-3 times.

---Nothing good happened in 2001---

(8) 2002 Week 2 - Bills @ Vikings - I think Bledsoe and Peerless Price both broke records that day in terms of yardage. The game was a shootout. Buffalo got into overtime when Mike Hollis dinged the football off the cross-bar for a good field goal. Bledsoe then threw to who else, Peerless Price for a long TD in overtime. Crazy Game. I remember Randy Moss making a sick one handed catch for a TD and Ron Edwards, Buffalo's DT scoring on a fumble return.

(9) 2002 Week 4 - Bears @ Bills - All I remember was the Bills not kicking a field goal in overtime and instead throwing to Travis Henry for a 20 yard touchdown. He then jumped in the crowd and all I could do was stare at the Elvis guy and his guitar.

(10) 2003 Week 1 - Patriots @ Bills - A few days before this game, the Bills sign former Patriot Lawyer Milloy who had just been released. Bills win 31-0 and everyone in the world remembers Sam Adams interecepting Tom Brady, Aaron Schobel leveling Tom Brady, and Dave Moore catching a touchdown and that somehow split his hand wide open.

(11) 2004 Week 11 - Rams @ Bills - The Bills 3-6 at the time, needed to win the rest of their games to make the playoffs. I remember the game was on Fox and it shut off for about 20 minutes. It came back on and the Bills had scored 4 times.

(12) 2004 Week 13 - Bills @ Dolphins - The Bills won this game 42-32 in a shootout. I remember Terrence McGee returning the opening kickoff for a touchdown and taunting the Dolphins. If I remember correctly, Big Pat Williams interecepted a pass for a touchdown just like Adams did the previous year. I remember the game ending with a Rashad Baker interception. I laugh when the Dolphins lose.

(13) 2004 Week 15 - Bills @ Bengals - This was Takeo Spike's return to Cincinatti as a Buffalo Bill. He had a huge interception for a touchdown, and Jason Peters blocked a punt for a touchdown. Go figure, a few years later he became our offensive lineman.

(14) 2005 Week 1 - Texans @ Bills - This was J.P. Losman's (excuse me, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) first start and the Bills won. All I remember is that the Texans had about 20 yards passing the whole game.

(15) 2005 Week 16 - Bills @ Bengals - It was Christmas and the Bills were out of the playoffs. Without much to play for, the Bills still gave it all they had. Terrence McGee returned a kickoff for a touchdown, then returned an interception for a touchdown to finish the game.

(16) 2006 Week 11 - Texans @ Bills - It was in this game that we thought that JP Losman had finally arrived. He connected with Peerless Price in the final seconds of the game and the Bills won.

(17) 2007 Week 7 - Ravens @ Bills - McGahee was back in Buffalo, this time as a Baltimore Raven. He had a long run for a touchdown that game, but Buffalo still win a close game.

(18) 2007 Week 9 - Bengals @ Bills - Marshawn Lynch breaks a million tackles and runs 50+ yards for a touchdown to finish the Bengals off. He also threw a touchdown to Robert Royal earlier in the game.

(19) 2008 Week 1 - Seahawks @ Bills - Roscoe Parrish had an amazing punt return for a touchdown, and Ryan Denney scored on a fake field goal.

(20) 2008 Week 3 - Raiders @ Bills - The Bills had an epic comeback in the last 5 minutes of this game and won in the last seconds of the game by a field goal from Rina Lindell to put at 3-0 on the year

(21) 2008 Week 7- Chargers @ Bills - This was the light's out game. Buffalo lost power to the stadium and the game couldn't be shown on tv. I still remember listening to the game on the radio. People say it was the best game the Bills have played this decade, too bad we could only watch bits and peices of the game. Some moments to remember were Lee Evans one handed helmet catch for a Touchdown, and Kawika Mitchell ending the Chargers comeback with a late interception.

(22) 2008 Week 12 - Bills @ Chiefs - After losing to the Browns in dramatic fashion the previous week on monday night football, the Bills came out with a vengeance in this game. McKelvin had an int for a touchdown, and Trent Edwards showed flashes of John Elway and Jim Kelly when he ran in 2 touchdowns. Too bad he turned out to be a terrible quarterback.

(23) 2009 Week 2 - Buccaneers @ Bills - This time, it was after losing to the Patriots in dramatic fashion. The Bills came out lookng to destroy whatever was in their way. There was a huge scrum on the opening kickoff, both teams had lost closely contested games the previous week. This game involved T.O's first touchdown of the year and his first game at home as a Bill.

(24A) 2009 Week 5 - Browns @ Bills - The Bills lost 6-3 and T.O. was held without a catch. I never worked sundays and I did that day. Good decision by me.

(24B) 2009 Week 17 - Colts @ Bills - Yes, even though the Colts starters didn't play the whole game, it still made me happy to see that the Bills were still trying to win. Whoever the Bills quarterback was this game had fun throwing the ball in the snow. Evans and Owens had a couple memorable touchdowns in the Buffalo Blizzard.

(25) 2010 Week 11 - Bills @ Bengals - Why so serious? Fitzpatrick and Steve Johnson were on fire this game. It looked like the Bills were going to get blown out after halftime, but they came back and absolutely obliterated the Bengals 49-31 through the ground and the air.

Edited by Bills!Win!

(1) 2000 Week 1 - Titans @ Bills - First game after the music city miracle. The Bills won that game on sunday night and I remember Peerless Price got a personal foul for headbutting.

(2) 2000 Week 2 - Packers @ Bills - We crushed Green Bay. We made Favre look like a stumbling idiot, and Riemersma caught like 3 TDs. I was only 9 years old, but I vaguely remember Phil Hansen doing something awesome that day. Me and my friend were going crazy.

(3) 2000 Week 7 - Chargers @ Bills - It seemed like the Chargers lost 10 players to injury that game. We beat them in overtime. As a kid I thought Jim Harbaugh was a joke of a quarterback, at least he was that game. Now he's a coach, go figure.

(4) 2000 Week 10 - Bills @ Patriots - This game made me think Bledsoe was a terrible quarterback. I guess our defense had a knack for making opposing quarterbacks look bad that year. Anyways, Flutie rallied the team and Christie won it in overtime with a field goal. Our last win in New England. Wow, it's been 11 years.

(5) 2000 Week 11 - Bears @ Bills - My first Bills game ever as a 9 year old boy. Of course all good memories of the Bills involve them winning, so did this one. Doug Flutie Ran in a touchdown. Bills safety Darryl Porter returned a crazy fumble return for a touchdown, and Keith Carpenter had 3 interceptions. The drunk bears fans next to us thought it was hilarious when my mom and I sang the shout song after every score.

(6) 2000 Week 12 - Bills @ Chiefs - I remember my grandma was watching the game with our family and she knew nothing about football. This might be the game where Eric Moulds scored on a fake field goal but it was called back. Anyways, Rob Johnson scored a touchdown late in the game in dramatic fashion when he extended the ball past the pylon. I remember the review of the TD taking forever.

(7) 2000 Week 17 - Bills @ Seahawks - The Bills blew out the Seattle Seahawks. I remember this game being on a saturday night. Since the bills were out of the playoffs, i was the only one watching this game. It seemed like every 5 minutes i would call my dad over saying, "Guess what? The Bills just scored again!" They won 42-23 in Flutie's last game. Some Sheldon Jackson guy played Tight End and scored like 2-3 times.

(8) 2002 Week 2 - Bills @ Vikings - I think Bledsoe and Peerless Price both broke records that day in terms of yardage. The game was a shootout. Buffalo got into overtime when Mike Hollis dinged the football off the cross-bar for a good field goal. Bledsoe then threw to who else, Peerless Price for a long TD in overtime. Crazy Game. I remember Randy Moss making a sick one handed catch for a TD and Ron Edwards, Buffalo's DT scoring on a fumble return.

(9) 2002 Week 4 - Bears @ Bills - All I remember was the Bills not kicking a field goal in overtime and instead throwing to Travis Henry for a 20 yard touchdown. He then jumped in the crowd and all I could do was stare at the Elvis guy and his guitar.

(10) 2003 Week 1 - Patriots @ Bills - A few days before this game, the Bills sign former Patriot Lawyer Milloy who had just been released. Bills win 31-0 and everyone in the world remembers Sam Adams interecepting Tom Brady, Aaron Schobel leveling Tom Brady, and Dave Moore catching a touchdown and that somehow split his hand wide open.

(11) 2004 Week 11 - Rams @ Bills - The Bills 3-6 at the time, needed to win the rest of their games to make the playoffs. I remember the game was on Fox and it shut off for about 20 minutes. It came back on and the Bills had scored 4 times.

(12) 2004 Week 13 - Bills @ Dolphins - The Bills won this game 42-32 in a shootout. I remember Terrence McGee returning the opening kickoff for a touchdown and taunting the Dolphins. If I remember correctly, Big Pat Williams interecepted a pass for a touchdown just like Adams did the previous year. I remember the game ending with a Rashad Baker interception. I laugh when the Dolphins lose.

(13) 2004 Week 15 - Bills @ Bengals - This was Takeo Spike's return to Cincinatti as a Buffalo Bill. He had a huge interception for a touchdown, and Jason Peters blocked a punt for a touchdown. Go figure, a few years later he became our offensive lineman.

(14) 2005 Week 1 - Texans @ Bills - This was J.P. Losman's (excuse me, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) first start and the Bills won. All I remember is that the Texans had about 20 yards passing the whole game.

(15) 2005 Week 16 - Bills @ Bengals - It was Christmas and the Bills were out of the playoffs. Without much to play for, the Bills still gave it all they had. Terrence McGee returned a kickoff for a touchdown, then returned an interception for a touchdown to finish the game.

(16) 2006 Week 11 - Texans @ Bills - It was in this game that we thought that JP Losman had finally arrived. He connected with Peerless Price in the final seconds of the game and the Bills won.

(17) 2007 Week 7 - Ravens @ Bills - McGahee was back in Buffalo, this time as a Baltimore Raven. He had a long run for a touchdown that game, but Buffalo still win a close game.

(18) 2007 Week 9 - Bengals @ Bills - Marshawn Lynch breaks a million tackles and runs 50+ yards for a touchdown to finish the Bengals off. He also threw a touchdown to Robert Royal earlier in the game.

(19) 2008 Week 1 - Seahawks @ Bills - Roscoe Parrish had an amazing punt return for a touchdown, and Ryan Denney scored on a fake field goal.

(20) 2008 Week 3 - Raiders @ Bills - The Bills had an epic comeback in the last 5 minutes of this game and won in the last seconds of the game by a field goal from Rina Lindell to put at 3-0 on the year

(21) 2008 Week 7- Chargers @ Bills - This was the light's out game. Buffalo lost power to the stadium and the game couldn't be shown on tv. I still remember listening to the game on the radio. People say it was the best game the Bills have played this decade, too bad we could only watch bits and peices of the game. Some moments to remember were Lee Evans one handed helmet catch for a Touchdown, and Kawika Mitchell ending the Chargers comeback with a late interception.

(22) 2008 Week 12 - Bills @ Chiefs - After losing to the Browns in dramatic fashion the previous week on monday night football, the Bills came out with a vengeance in this game. McKelvin had an int for a touchdown, and Trent Edwards showed flashes of John Elway and Jim Kelly when he ran in 2 touchdowns. Too bad he turned out to be a terrible quarterback.

(23) 2009 Week 2 - Buccaneers @ Bills - This time, it was after losing to the Patriots in dramatic fashion. The Bills came out lookng to destroy whatever was in their way. There was a huge scrum on the opening kickoff, both teams had lost closely contested games the previous week. This game involved both his first touchdown of the year and his first game at home as a Bill.

(24A) 2009 Week 5 - Browns @ Bills - The Bills lost 6-3 and T.O. was held without a catch. I never worked sundays and I did that day. Good decision by me.

(24B) 2009 Week 17 - Colts @ Bills - Yes, even though the Colts starters didn't play the whole game, it still made me happy to see that the Bills were still trying to win. Whoever the Bills quarterback was this game had fun throwing the ball in the snow. Evans and Owens had a couple memorable touchdowns in the Buffalo Blizzard.

(25) 2010 Week 11 - Bills @ Bengals - Why so serious? Fitzpatrick and Steve Johnson were on fire this game. It looked like the Bills were going to get blown out after halftime, but they came back and absolutely obliterated the Bengals 49-31 through the ground and the air.

Nice work, enjoyed

Firing Dickie the J.

(1) 2000 Week 1 - Titans @ Bills - First game after the music city miracle. The Bills won that game on sunday night and I remember Peerless Price got a personal foul for headbutting. LOL

(23) 2009 Week 2 - Buccaneers @ Bills - This time, it was after losing to the Patriots in dramatic fashion. The Bills came out lookng to destroy whatever was in their way. There was a huge scrum on the opening kickoff, both teams had lost closely contested games the previous week. This game involved T.O's first touchdown of the year and his first game at home as a Bill.

HERE…

is a true Bills fan. Kudos to you, my brother. The Force is strong with this one.

One of my favorites was that guy who was worth millions intercepting favre in the end zone to seal thewin against gb in the first game I saw him play. I was sure I was going to see favre magic and the bills crumble but they pulled through. The fact that it happened in the end zone right in front of me and I watched it develop prob were the sweetest part.

It is a toss up for me. Either the Seahawks game in Seattle in 2004 or the Dallas Monday night game in Buffalo. I attended both. Even though we lost the Dallas game, it was still a great atmosphere and we were rolling all game until the last second. Sadly, this is a lost decade. Not too much to get excited about.

Another obscure moment that I really enjoyed was the Bills-Browns game from 2004. The Bills defense held the Brown to 0 net yards until their last possession of the game. When the TV crew flashed that stat on the screen as the Browns started their final possession the bar I was watching the game in came alive. I swear that it was like the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl with people urging the defense on. Unfortunately, the Browns gained a few yards on that possession and finished with 26 total net yards... still the lowest total that I can ever remember or even imagine in a professional football game.