What's your favorite moment....

NewEra

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dolphins snow game (2002?) doesn't even crack the top 25? That was the first thing that popped in my head.

We've blown them out so many times that I forgot about that one. Now that you mention it, I do remember Eric Moulds scoring on a long bomb that was tipped by a dolphins defender and landed in his arm. But yeah, that one definitely belongs there.

Dallas Monday Night atmosphere with nothing else even coming close...... Other than that, new unis......

+1. This game was my first game at the Ralph in like 5 years and I was hooked ever since. That environment was unbelievable despite a loss.

The Cleveland Monday Night game the following year was a great enviornment as well. I just hate how my best memories in recent years involve losing

First 3 1/2 quarters of the Dallas MNF game....right up to the moment when Jauron had his rookie QB throwing into the endzone (INT), when a FG would have practically iced the game (the irony was beyond definition).

Best moment is the entire Monday night game against Dallas. I've never been to a game as energenic as that one. It sucks that we lost, but by far the best football game in the last 10 years. The Colts, snow game was pretty awesome, the Raiders comeback game too. Lights out was great to be there also. I've been to every home game since 05 and there have been many great moments. The year we started 5-1 after each win the entire stadium singing Sweet Caroline was great as we all thought the losses were over and we would break the playoff barrier. Unfortunately for us, Dicky J and Trance Checkwards blew it. I just can't wait until this season. Watching Dareus become the defensive player we've needed since Bruce, Williams, and Washington all left.

My top 25 Bills game moments in chronological order.....

(16) 2006 Week 11 - Texans @ Bills - It was in this game that we thought that JP Losman had finally arrived. He connected with Peerless Price in the final seconds of the game and the Bills won.

Not to pick nits, but that game was in Houston...I was there...it was a fine game! JP's first two passes of the game went for 83 yard td passes to #83, Lee Evans...and the resurrected (briefly) Peerless Price makes the toe catch in the endzone as the final seconds wind down...JP looked like and NFL QB on the game winning drive...

51-3 is all I should need to say! so darn cold that day, for some reason it didn't seem to matter much tho

That game set 18 Championship game records,Buffalo had 502 yards of offense, 30 first downs, Kelly had a 73.9 completion rate. This game was the reason the Bills were almost 20 point favorites against the Giants in their first SB

2nd best game was Nov 21st 1988 ...9-6 OT against the Jets (in a hard driving rain) to win the AFC East. I watched as the goal posts were torn down and passed around the upper stadium to RW's booth. The Bill set a record for fastest division win, they were 11-1 at the time. The next day the Buffalo news front page declared Fan-demonium had broken out!

3rd best game was the comeback game. where most of the fans had left the stadium at half time, I stuck around to boo the the players off the field at the end of the game. Suddenly by the end of the game nearly all the fans that had left the stadium had returned and were going nuts, final score 41-38 OT

4th was Sept 7th 1980 against Miami, it was the first time in a decade that the Bills had beaten the Dolphins, TEN YEARS MAN! The goal posts came down that day! awesome day

5th was a rather obscure and ordinary game, forgotten by most...but not me. This game helped motivate me buy season tickets and keep them for the next 7 years. Nov 29th 1987 and the Bills beat the Dolphins 27-0. Whats was so special was that the Bills defense didn't allow Dan Marino to cross the 50 yard line the entire day, it was only after Don Strock came in late in the 4th QTR did the Dolphins drive down near the goal line where Strock was promptly intercepted. great frickin game!

Edited by Harvey lives

Only one moment comes to mind as the best.

The day the Bills signed Takeo Spikes. I thought it was a longshot and was stunned that he would sign with us. Miss that guys enthusiasm.

- 2nd best moment, finding out word of mouth that we traded peerless price for a 1st round pick. What a joke. Too bad we took mcGahee.

- drafting dareus could rank up there.

- sucks that there isn't a game moment involved there. Hardys catch vs jacksonville and Lindells game winner vs Oakland were pretty special.

The season we needed to beat Pittsburg to make the playoffs and got destroyed.

Only one moment comes to mind as the best.

The day the Bills signed Takeo Spikes. I thought it was a longshot and was stunned that he would sign with us. Miss that guys enthusiasm.

- 2nd best moment, finding out word of mouth that we traded peerless price for a 1st round pick. What a joke. Too bad we took mcGahee.

- drafting dareus could rank up there.

- sucks that there isn't a game moment involved there. Hardys catch vs jacksonville and Lindells game winner vs Oakland were pretty special.

The 31-0 drubbing of the Patriots with Sacks/Interceptions from Takeo Spikes and Lawyer Milloy and a good game from Bledsoe.

The 5-1 start or the 8-6 with the hopes of playoffs in the Losman year, before getting crushed by Travis Henry and Vince Young!

The 31-0 drubbing of the Patriots with Sacks/Interceptions from Takeo Spikes and Lawyer Milloy and a good game from Bledsoe.

The 5-1 start or the 8-6 with the hopes of playoffs in the Losman year, before getting crushed by Travis Henry and Vince Young!

And then there are those Almost.......games...

MNF against Cowboys, Patriots

The number of games we had the Patriots by the throat only to lose them.

The meltdown before the 2 minute warning against the Favre led Jets

Last years 3 overtime losses against Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Kansas City

Snow-bowl in Cleveland

The choke job against the Steelers 3rd stringers...beginning of the end of Drew Bledsoe.

I got caught by the in the last decade proviso of the original ask myself. The fact that my heart immediately took me to memories like many of the one's cite here (and actually my favorite moment in the beyond a decade memories was the huge crowd in Niagara Sq. after the first lost SB and Scotty Norwood apologizing and the fans saying no apology was needed was a great moment for me.

Being a good winner MUST always be the goal, but being a good winner is easy compared to what I saw as the entire family of fans shared being the best loser I had ever been a part of .

In the end, nobody gets out of here alive and how one deals with loss is the true measure of a human being (if you do not believe this then merely watch Rupert Murdoch yesterday. I do not think I have seen anything as pathetic as this performance by one of the most powerful men in the world (last month).

Dealing with a loss while not being consumed by it was a pretty important life lesson.

51-3 is all I should need to say! so darn cold that day, for some reason it didn't seem to matter much tho

That game set 18 Championship game records,Buffalo had 502 yards of offense, 30 first downs, Kelly had a 73.9 completion rate. This game was the reason the Bills were almost 20 point favorites against the Giants in their first SB

2nd best game was Nov 21st 1988 ...9-6 OT against the Jets (in a hard driving rain) to win the AFC East. I watched as the goal posts were torn down and passed around the upper stadium to RW's booth. The Bill set a record for fastest division win, they were 11-1 at the time. The next day the Buffalo news front page declared Fan-demonium had broken out!

3rd best game was the comeback game. where most of the fans had left the stadium at half time, I stuck around to boo the the players off the field at the end of the game. Suddenly by the end of the game nearly all the fans that had left the stadium had returned and were going nuts, final score 41-38 OT

4th was Sept 7th 1980 against Miami, it was the first time in a decade that the Bills had beaten the Dolphins, TEN YEARS MAN! The goal posts came down that day! awesome day

5th was a rather obscure and ordinary game, forgotten by most...but not me. This game helped motivate me buy season tickets and keep them for the next 7 years. Nov 29th 1987 and the Bills beat the Dolphins 27-0. Whats was so special was that the Bills defense didn't allow Dan Marino to cross the 50 yard line the entire day, it was only after Don Strock came in late in the 4th QTR did the Dolphins drive down near the goal line where Strock was promptly intercepted. great frickin game!

Seriously, and not with any vindictive motivation:

#1 - seeing a coaching staff grow a sack and flat out dump Trent Edwards. Cap'n check down would never develop, and enough time was wasted on hoping. He had a strong arm and nice accuracy, but happy feet and ZERO confidence.

#2 - trading Marshawn Lynch for a busted helmet and a half empty roll of ankle tape. This was probably the best thing this team has done in more than 20 years, actually getting rid of below average talent early enough instead of "hoping" the guy develops. I will of course be stunned if he even gets a third of the touches in Seattle, and honestly expect him to be cut or traded. Nothing personal here, I just never saw him as a great runner.

#3 - drafting Marcel Dareus. This feels a lot like the bruce Smith pick, and the team will only be better with him on the roster.

#4 - Discovering the talents of Freddie Jackson. This guy can flat out play, and the Bills found him. I honestly hold my chest out knowing he plays for us, and that alone should probably qualify him as my #1, but I just can't ever not smile wildly on the dumping of the Cap'n.

#5 - The last second, game winning touchdown pass to Peerless Price in Houston in '06. ahh the optimism of Losman developing into a great QB... man that was a good day.

My top 25 Bills game moments in chronological order.

(1) 2000 Week 1 - Titans @ Bills - First game after the music city miracle. The Bills won that game on sunday night and I remember Peerless Price got a personal foul for headbutting. LOL

(2) 2000 Week 2 - Packers @ Bills - We crushed Green Bay. We made Favre look like a stumbling idiot, and Riemersma caught like 3 TDs. I was only 9 years old, but I vaguely remember Phil Hansen doing something awesome that day. Me and my friend were going crazy.

(3) 2000 Week 7 - Chargers @ Bills - It seemed like the Chargers lost 10 players to injury that game. We beat them in overtime. As a kid I thought Jim Harbaugh was a joke of a quarterback, at least he was that game. Now he's a coach, go figure.

(4) 2000 Week 10 - Bills @ Patriots - This game made me think Bledsoe was a terrible quarterback. I guess our defense had a knack for making opposing quarterbacks look bad that year. Anyways, Flutie rallied the team and Christie won it in overtime with a field goal. Our last win in New England. Wow, it's been 11 years.

(5) 2000 Week 11 - Bears @ Bills - My first Bills game ever as a 9 year old boy. Of course all good memories of the Bills involve them winning, so did this one. Doug Flutie Ran in a touchdown. Bills safety Darryl Porter returned a crazy fumble return for a touchdown, and Keith Carpenter had 3 interceptions. The drunk bears fans next to us thought it was hilarious when my mom and I sang the shout song after every score.

(6) 2000 Week 12 - Bills @ Chiefs - I remember my grandma was watching the game with our family and she knew nothing about football. This might be the game where Eric Moulds scored on a fake field goal but it was called back. Anyways, Rob Johnson scored a touchdown late in the game in dramatic fashion when he extended the ball past the pylon. I remember the review of the TD taking forever.

(7) 2000 Week 17 - Bills @ Seahawks - The Bills blew out the Seattle Seahawks. I remember this game being on a saturday night. Since the bills were out of the playoffs, i was the only one watching this game. It seemed like every 5 minutes i would call my dad over saying, "Guess what? The Bills just scored again!" They won 42-23 in Flutie's last game. Some Sheldon Jackson guy played Tight End and scored like 2-3 times.

---Nothing good happened in 2001---

(8) 2002 Week 2 - Bills @ Vikings - I think Bledsoe and Peerless Price both broke records that day in terms of yardage. The game was a shootout. Buffalo got into overtime when Mike Hollis dinged the football off the cross-bar for a good field goal. Bledsoe then threw to who else, Peerless Price for a long TD in overtime. Crazy Game. I remember Randy Moss making a sick one handed catch for a TD and Ron Edwards, Buffalo's DT scoring on a fumble return.

(9) 2002 Week 4 - Bears @ Bills - All I remember was the Bills not kicking a field goal in overtime and instead throwing to Travis Henry for a 20 yard touchdown. He then jumped in the crowd and all I could do was stare at the Elvis guy and his guitar.

(10) 2003 Week 1 - Patriots @ Bills - A few days before this game, the Bills sign former Patriot Lawyer Milloy who had just been released. Bills win 31-0 and everyone in the world remembers Sam Adams interecepting Tom Brady, Aaron Schobel leveling Tom Brady, and Dave Moore catching a touchdown and that somehow split his hand wide open.

(11) 2004 Week 11 - Rams @ Bills - The Bills 3-6 at the time, needed to win the rest of their games to make the playoffs. I remember the game was on Fox and it shut off for about 20 minutes. It came back on and the Bills had scored 4 times.

(12) 2004 Week 13 - Bills @ Dolphins - The Bills won this game 42-32 in a shootout. I remember Terrence McGee returning the opening kickoff for a touchdown and taunting the Dolphins. If I remember correctly, Big Pat Williams interecepted a pass for a touchdown just like Adams did the previous year. I remember the game ending with a Rashad Baker interception. I laugh when the Dolphins lose.

(13) 2004 Week 15 - Bills @ Bengals - This was Takeo Spike's return to Cincinatti as a Buffalo Bill. He had a huge interception for a touchdown, and Jason Peters blocked a punt for a touchdown. Go figure, a few years later he became our offensive lineman.

(14) 2005 Week 1 - Texans @ Bills - This was J.P. Losman's (excuse me, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) first start and the Bills won. All I remember is that the Texans had about 20 yards passing the whole game.

(15) 2005 Week 16 - Bills @ Bengals - It was Christmas and the Bills were out of the playoffs. Without much to play for, the Bills still gave it all they had. Terrence McGee returned a kickoff for a touchdown, then returned an interception for a touchdown to finish the game.

(16) 2006 Week 11 - Texans @ Bills - It was in this game that we thought that JP Losman had finally arrived. He connected with Peerless Price in the final seconds of the game and the Bills won.

(17) 2007 Week 7 - Ravens @ Bills - McGahee was back in Buffalo, this time as a Baltimore Raven. He had a long run for a touchdown that game, but Buffalo still win a close game.

(18) 2007 Week 9 - Bengals @ Bills - Marshawn Lynch breaks a million tackles and runs 50+ yards for a touchdown to finish the Bengals off. He also threw a touchdown to Robert Royal earlier in the game.

(19) 2008 Week 1 - Seahawks @ Bills - Roscoe Parrish had an amazing punt return for a touchdown, and Ryan Denney scored on a fake field goal.

(20) 2008 Week 3 - Raiders @ Bills - The Bills had an epic comeback in the last 5 minutes of this game and won in the last seconds of the game by a field goal from Rina Lindell to put at 3-0 on the year

(21) 2008 Week 7- Chargers @ Bills - This was the light's out game. Buffalo lost power to the stadium and the game couldn't be shown on tv. I still remember listening to the game on the radio. People say it was the best game the Bills have played this decade, too bad we could only watch bits and peices of the game. Some moments to remember were Lee Evans one handed helmet catch for a Touchdown, and Kawika Mitchell ending the Chargers comeback with a late interception.

(22) 2008 Week 12 - Bills @ Chiefs - After losing to the Browns in dramatic fashion the previous week on monday night football, the Bills came out with a vengeance in this game. McKelvin had an int for a touchdown, and Trent Edwards showed flashes of John Elway and Jim Kelly when he ran in 2 touchdowns. Too bad he turned out to be a terrible quarterback.

(23) 2009 Week 2 - Buccaneers @ Bills - This time, it was after losing to the Patriots in dramatic fashion. The Bills came out lookng to destroy whatever was in their way. There was a huge scrum on the opening kickoff, both teams had lost closely contested games the previous week. This game involved T.O's first touchdown of the year and his first game at home as a Bill.

(24A) 2009 Week 5 - Browns @ Bills - The Bills lost 6-3 and T.O. was held without a catch. I never worked sundays and I did that day. Good decision by me.

(24B) 2009 Week 17 - Colts @ Bills - Yes, even though the Colts starters didn't play the whole game, it still made me happy to see that the Bills were still trying to win. Whoever the Bills quarterback was this game had fun throwing the ball in the snow. Evans and Owens had a couple memorable touchdowns in the Buffalo Blizzard.

(25) 2010 Week 11 - Bills @ Bengals - Why so serious? Fitzpatrick and Steve Johnson were on fire this game. It looked like the Bills were going to get blown out after halftime, but they came back and absolutely obliterated the Bengals 49-31 through the ground and the air.

You're awesome. I must ask, do you drink during the games? If so, even more props to you. Great memory, great memories. Thanks for the post.

The highlights of the franchise for the most part, but the topic was the last decade? Makes it much more of a challenge, kinda like finding a needle in a haystack.

Seriously, and not with any vindictive motivation:

#1 - seeing a coaching staff grow a sack and flat out dump Trent Edwards. Cap'n check down would never develop, and enough time was wasted on hoping. He had a strong arm and nice accuracy, but happy feet and ZERO confidence.

#2 - trading Marshawn Lynch for a busted helmet and a half empty roll of ankle tape. This was probably the best thing this team has done in more than 20 years, actually getting rid of below average talent early enough instead of "hoping" the guy develops. I will of course be stunned if he even gets a third of the touches in Seattle, and honestly expect him to be cut or traded. Nothing personal here, I just never saw him as a great runner.

#3 - drafting Marcel Dareus. This feels a lot like the bruce Smith pick, and the team will only be better with him on the roster.

#4 - Discovering the talents of Freddie Jackson. This guy can flat out play, and the Bills found him. I honestly hold my chest out knowing he plays for us, and that alone should probably qualify him as my #1, but I just can't ever not smile wildly on the dumping of the Cap'n.

#5 - The last second, game winning touchdown pass to Peerless Price in Houston in '06. ahh the optimism of Losman developing into a great QB... man that was a good day.

+1,000,000,000... on all of these. Perfectly sums it all up. I might take away the Losman thing but as long as it's last on the list. I'd add firing Dicky J and his horrible staff instead.

The 2003 home opener 31-0 pounding of the Pats* was the first thing that came to mind.

The exact moment that sticks with me is about midway through the 4th quarter when a few rows of Pats* fans in my section got up to start leaving and about a 1000 people serenaded them with the nah, nah, goodbye song as they made the walk of shame out of the stadium. :thumbsup:

(Little did I know at the time that it would be 7 years and counting before feeling that thrill of victory over the m!@#$s again.)

The 2003 home opener 31-0 pounding of the Pats* was the first thing that came to mind.

The exact moment that sticks with me is about midway through the 4th quarter when a few rows of Pats* fans in my section got up to start leaving and about a 1000 people serenaded them with the nah, nah, goodbye song as they made the walk of shame out of the stadium. :thumbsup:

(Little did I know at the time that it would be 7 years and counting before feeling that thrill of victory over the m!@#$s again.)

Yeah, we're all going crazy, high fiving, and shouting "We're back!" They win the next week, and then the season unravels.