Who Will Be

Who is it going to be? We have to sign someone once free agency begins.

Will it be a vet or someone with potential upside?

I was looking at Matt Leinart and started thinking how he is the highest drafted QB I can think of who never really got a shot with his team. Maybe he didnt deserve to but hey, we are the organization who tried to breathe new life into Brohm.

JQ

I was looking at Matt Leinart and started thinking how he is the highest drafted QB I can think of who never really got a shot with his team.

Matt Leinert didn't get a chance? RU kidding? He was placed in as the starter over Kurt Warner when he came to the Cards. After a couple of years they wised up and put Warner in.

Buddy says we're getting a vet who can help us win games if Fitz gets hurt.

I'd like to see Seneca Wallace or Troy Smith or Marc Bulger or Alex Smith or Todd Collins or Kerry Collins or Tavaris Jackson or Billy Volek. Any one of those would be good with me. If Tennessee is stupid enough to cut him, then Vince Young.

Matt Leinert didn't get a chance? RU kidding? He was placed in as the starter over Kurt Warner when he came to the Cards. After a couple of years they wised up and put Warner in.

I'd like to see Seneca Wallace or Troy Smith or Marc Bulger or Alex Smith or Todd Collins or Kerry Collins or Tavaris Jackson or Billy Volek. Any one of those would be good with me. If Tennessee is stupid enough to cut him, then Vince Young.

Seneca Wallace would be my first choice.....

Sort of....Leinart replaced Wrner in Game 5 of his rookie season because of poor play by Warner. But Leinart did get a chance in AZ.

I don't see Jacskon, Troy Smith, or Todd Collins coming in and winning any games if Fitz went down.

+1 with a decent team in front of this guy he could develop into a good QB.

Maybe, but Carolina keeps drafting QBs and they didn;t even give Moore a playbook this offseason. Nix doesn't need another Brohm on the roster.

The Indianapolis Colts made a huge mistake when instead of making Peyton Manning a "exclusive" franchise tag player he is a "nonexclusive" franchise tag player. This means he can negotiate with other teams.

In a surprise move old Ralph opens his pocket book and makes an offer he can't refuse. The offer on the table is so attractive that the Colts can't match the offer and Peyton is thrilled with the prospect of playing against Brady twice a year.

Peyton comes to Buffalo and is quoted as saying "I know one thing. We are going to find out who the best QB in the league is very soon."

The Indianapolis Colts made a huge mistake when instead of making Peyton Manning a "exclusive" franchise tag player he is a "nonexclusive" franchise tag player. This means he can negotiate with other teams.

In a surprise move old Ralph opens his pocket book and makes an offer he can't refuse. The offer on the table is so attractive that the Colts can't match the offer and Peyton is thrilled with the prospect of playing against Brady twice a year.

Peyton comes to Buffalo and is quoted as saying "I know one thing. We are going to find out who the best QB in the league is very soon."

WOW that be great another move to get a great player from the Colts. OL looks better already and with a running game Peyton would be able to challenge Ds in ways he hadnt before :-)

Whatever you're smokin, pass it my way next. I love the idea but just can't see it happening (see highlighted text for reason).

Tyler Thigpen due to his past with Gailey.

Yeah, I'm thinking either Thigpen/Croyle, both due to their CGailey association, plus [don't shoot the messenger] Terrelle Pryor for a 5th rounder as 3rd string [article]. All have elusive speed and correctable accuracy.

Edited by Astrobot

Is Tyler Palko still out there? I thought he was going to be the next Tom Brady story.. :oops:

Yeah, I'm thinking either Thigpen/Croyle, both due to their CGailey association, plus [don't shoot the messenger] Terrelle Pryor for a 5th rounder as 3rd string [article]. All have elusive speed and correctable accuracy.

Other than the fact that he might bring his hot wife to Buffalo, I wouldn't want Brody Croyle...he is awful. Almost a combo of the very worst of Losman and Edwards. I think Chan must know that too.

Good post. Leinart sucked in perfect conditions in Arizona. He would be brutal in OP. I like T. Jackson the best. Talk about a guy not getting a chance. One season he had a 90+ qb rating & took the Vikes to the playoffs. I think Chan could maximize jacksOn's skills.

Wallace is a very underrated backup. He always plays decent when he gets a shot. I don't think Bulger is really an option. However, Kerry Collins would be a good backup as well.

Link?

And we'd still owe them 2 1st round picks.

Vince Young is an interesting choice. I agree that Tennessee probably will not cut him. On the other hand his antics on and off the field kind of have me scratching my head. Would he be content behind Fritz? Could Gailey do anything with him or would he just go full tilt Bozo on the team?