Tim Hasselback said....

On sportcenter a moment ago, if there was one NFL team to be relegated to the "minor leagues", it should be the buffalo bills. He stated their record over the past 11 years, the fact they dont even play all their home games in buffalo and that there's currently no buzz whatsoever regarding the bills. Steve Broussard said that Toronto raptors should be the team in the NBA and Dave Winfield said the Pittsburgh Pirates in baseball.

I've always hated Hasselback. Now I hate him more. If figured there was a chance we'd be the team he chose, but I just hate hearing it. Not there is a minor league, but elimination or relocation would he the alternate. It would be like losing a family member....maybe even worse.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On sportcenter a moment ago, if there was one NFL team to be relegated to the "minor leagues", it should be the buffalo bills. He stated their record over the past 11 years, the fact they dont even play all their home games in buffalo and that there's currently no buzz whatsoever regarding the bills. Steve Broussard said that Toronto raptors should be the team in the NBA and Dave Winfield said the Pittsburgh Pirates in baseball.

I've always hated Hasselback. Now I hate him more. If figured there was a chance we'd be the team he chose, but I just hate hearing it. Not there is a minor league, but elimination or relocation would he the alternate. It would be like losing a family member....maybe even worse.

Who would the "correct" choice be? As much as we hate to hear it, I think it would come down to us or the Jags. And the Jags have won more lately.

As always, if you really want to be mad at someone, be mad at Ralph. Are there any of Tim's points that you can argue with? Whose fault is it that this team has been a perennial loser most of it's existence?

Sour grapes-The Bills cut him as a rookie before camp even opened. So if he was cut before camp by a minor league team, what kind of player does that make Mr Elizabeth Filarski.

:lol:

I was going to post the EXACT same thing, including the "Mr. Elizabeth Filarski" thing. Nice going. :thumbsup:

Cleveland, detroit, and oakland all thank you douche.

you could make an argument for Cleveland or Detroit but no way Oakland. Even though they are dysfunctional at times they are still one of the NFL's signature franchises.

Sour grapes-The Bills cut him as a rookie before camp even opened. So if he was cut before camp by a minor league team, what kind of player does that make Mr Elizabeth Filarski.

This. So much this.

^^ Dwight, Matt never played for the Bills. It was Tim and Tim is married to Elizabeth.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

you could make an argument for Cleveland or Detroit but no way Oakland. Even though they are dysfunctional at times they are still one of the NFL's signature franchises.

Buffalo consistently outdraws Oakland and makes more money. If win-loss and championship success are the only criteria, then the Cubs should be sent packing from MLB. And the Saints would have been demoted decades ago (there's still talk about moving them). And half the NHL could be removed, along with a fair number of NBA teams.

As to Hassle-back's powers of analysis and insight, look no further than the wife he chose.

What makes our current state better than any of those 3?

Clevelands new franchise has had no level of success to speak of and I believe detroits playoff drought is just as long as ours. Honestly though it did take me a while to think of 3 teams in as bad of a situation as ours. Just not sure why these teams would get a pass and the bills (again) get beat up by espn. However I don't discount their location in pats* land as a factor in much of the hate they spew towards the bills.

It could be sour grapes, since the Bills were the first one to sign him as an undrafted rookie and cut him before training camp even began. Or, it could be because he isn't too far off of the mark on what he says about the Bills. I mean, the only team that can compete with the Bills for the worst team in the NFL over the past decade is the Lions, and they are really a team on the rise, with a franchise quarterback, and several other young stars. I have never been a fan of Hasselbeck either, but I am quite confident that if you asked 50 NFL media types, at least half of them would pick the Bills as the team to be relegated to the "minor leagues." It is a slap in the face to all Bills fans that Ralphy sold out one regular season game a year to Canada, and it is looking more and more like it will end up being more than one game a year real soon. As far as a buzz, there is amongst Bills fans, but there is every year, it has been so long since we have won. I am not a Lions fan, a Bucs fan, or a fan of a few other teams that have been losing as of late (not as much as the Bills have), but I still feel a buzz about their potential, whereas, if you aren't a Bills fan, the Bills don't exist much less have a buzz about them.

Buffalo consistently outdraws Oakland and makes more money. If win-loss and championship success are the only criteria, then the Cubs should be sent packing from MLB. And the Saints would have been demoted decades ago (there's still talk about moving them). And half the NHL could be removed, along with a fair number of NBA teams.

As to Hassle-back's powers of analysis and insight, look no further than the wife he chose.

The only talk of the saints moving is toronto hoping. They have a fresh lease and a sold out dome.

Oakland I believe has the worst record in the nfl since their 03 super bowl. I agree they have a rabid fan base but not so sure if they are a signature franchise anymore imo.

A big so-what to ESPN. The fortunes of teams are in the shape of circles. Just some teams have a longer circle between good, mediocre and bad.

At one time, the Heat, Yankees and Patriots were the worst in their respective sports.

Hell, Dave Winfield's San Diego Padres finished no better than 4th from 1969 to 1984. He was also part of a crappy Yankees era in which they missed the playoffs 11 years in a row, eight of which while he was in NY.

The only talk of the saints moving is toronto hoping. They have a fresh lease and a sold out dome.

And a relatively new Lombardi Trophy to go with an All-Pro quarterback.

A big so-what to ESPN. The fortunes of teams are in the shape of circles. Just some teams have a longer circle between good, mediocre and bad.

At one time, the Heat, Yankees and Patriots were the worst in their respective sports.

Hell, Dave Winfield's San Diego Padres finished no better than 4th from 1969 to 1984. He was also part of a crappy Yankees era in which they missed the playoffs 11 years in a row, eight of which while he was in NY.

I am not saying what you are saying is incorrect, but for most of if not all of Winfield's career, 4 teams made the playoffs in the entire Major Leagues, not one third of the teams like in the NFL.

Its not a permanent demotion. You can win your way back into the majors.

Last year Carolina, Denver, Buffalo, then Cincinnati would have been relegated.

Its just a stupid ESPN question.

And its stupid to overreact.

And its even stoopider to argue that Buffalo Bills shouldn't be relegated after Carolina and Denver.

The NFL has a sweet spot where they get a free minor LEAGUE. Its called college football. So you don't have to worry about relegation.

Edited by Why So Serious?

what, prey tell, is wrong with his wife??? are you kidding?? she is hot, to say the least.. oopps! just dawned on me.. duh! she is not a liberal.. ok i get it..