Tim Hasselback said....

And Stafford has been as brittle as they come. To suggest the Lions are on more of an upward trend than the Bills is hardly a proven fact.

I'm not sure how we can be insulted when the argument is that it isn't proven fact we are the worst. Does that mean that we somehow wouldn't be expected as a possible answer to the (granted, ridiculous) question?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Following that logic, why would anyone buy a ballcap, or a t-shirt, or a logoed product of any sort? Sorry, I'm having a hard time figuring out what is so "surreal" about buying a jersey representing one's favorite team.

I agree, and building upon your logic, why go to games? Why watch grown men play a sport? Why are we even here at all? Why not just end it all right now!?!?

Seriously though, its a sport and meant to be fun and entertaining, which is why people buy items such as jerseys.

Edited by jo39416

I'm not sure how we can be insulted when the argument is that it isn't proven fact we are the worst. Does that mean that we somehow wouldn't be expected as a possible answer to the (granted, ridiculous) question?

I'm not insulted. The Bills are an 11-year laughing stock. It's just that Detroit has been even worse (and it's not really close).

Following that logic, why would anyone buy a ballcap, or a t-shirt, or a logoed product of any sort? Sorry, I'm having a hard time figuring out what is so "surreal" about buying a jersey representing one's favorite team.

Because WE are paying usually a premium price to advertise THEIR product(s). Maybe instead of "surreal" he could have said "Only in America," "Or there's a sucker born every minute...and two to take advantage of him."

I try to never buy a product with a logo on it (Bills cap or Buffalo stuff excluded). If however someone gives me a freebie I might wear it. And if Marcel Dareus, the NFL or the Bills want to pay me to walk around promoting them with the modern version of the "sandwich board", I'll happily slip into their gear.

Sucks to be me. My basketball and football teams were both noted as options for relegation. Thankfully, it's just 2 irrelevant morons opinions. Tim is, as has been previously noted a number of times, still bitter. He'll be bitter his whole life as he is less talented than his brother and is most famous for his hot, right-wing wife.

He is, of course, very close with his answer though. We are located in a difficult region due to economic instability, we don't play all our home games at home and we haven't showed many signs of success or even growth over the past 15 seasons. This years draft crop notwithstanding,we have drafted as poorly as anyone in the league and free agents spurn us more often than signing. Not good traits. Doesn't make a bit of difference to me. Never going to stop defending the Bills or loving Bills football. That's why we are a big league team. The best fans in the game!

I'm not insulted. The Bills are an 11-year laughing stock. It's just that Detroit has been even worse (and it's not really close).

honestly, 6 of one, half dozen of the other. they have the new stadium and play all their games in it, the new top pick qb... i wouldnt really argue you are wrong though. i do think its widely accepted that they are closer than we are right now but at this stage in either franchise.... ugh.

in the end, im just saying the guys arguing that we are merely the second or third worst franchise right now are kind of silly.

I agree, and building upon your logic, why go to games? Why watch grown men play a sport? Why are we even here at all? Why not just end it all right now!?!?

Seriously though, its a sport and meant to be fun and entertaining, which is why people buy items such as jerseys.

Why? I'll tell you why. Because I and millions of others express my individuality through a carefully selected assortment of corporate logos and slogans. One look at my game day apparel and you will have no doubt that at any moment I might Just Do It all over someone's face to Protect This House. I wear jerseys to remove any doubt about my heterosexual identity and Zubaz to let any prospective hiring managers know that I am currently unemployed. The clearly altered name plate and number on my jersey let everyone around me know that if you start to slip up I will step on your throat before you can bat an eye. My wrap around sunglasses unequivocally communicate that when I'm not watching football I'm probably bass fishing or watching fishing related television programming.

If you're not wearing jerseys and logos like us then you're just the same as everybody else pal. Another brick in the wall.

Edited by Jauronimo

It is kinda sad when the only examples that you can come up with to compare to the futility of the Bills are in baseball, where only a small percentage of the teams make the playoffs compared to the NFL where a third of the teams make the playoffs every year and have had a salary cap to allow every team except the Bills and Lions to make the playoffs over the past decade.

We can do NBA too, if you'd like. The league allows more playoff teams. I think the analysis of the leagues demonstrates the lack of historical perspective of the commentators that teams swoon for long periods of time, as if that's going to be remotely relevant to what they end up saying anyway on television.

Anyways, the candidate for NBA "minor leaguedom" is the Toronto Raptors.

Why not the Sacramento Kings (no NBA finals appearance since 1951) or the Timberwolves (last in the playoffs in 2004) or the Clippers (who did not smell the playoffs from 1976 to 1991)?

As a long suffering St. Louis/Arizona Cardinals fan, being a Bills fan, while depressing at times, has been way more enjoyable. The Cardinals went decades (not just one) without seeing the playoffs, and outside of their most recent Super Bowl appearance, you had to go back to 1948! It wasn't too long ago the Cardinals, and not the Lions or Bills were considered the worst run and worst performing franchise not just in football, but in major league sports.

Because WE are paying usually a premium price to advertise THEIR product(s). Maybe instead of "surreal" he could have said "Only in America," "Or there's a sucker born every minute...and two to take advantage of him."

I think you've got it all wrong. First of all, have you looked at the crowds in soccer stadiums around the world? Team jerseys are, if anything, MORE popular there than in this country. Secondly, I'm not paying to advertise their product -- I'm paying to proudly display MY interests.

That could very well be it? Or it could be that in the last 8 years the Seahawks have been in the Playoffs 6 times and the Bills haven't even made it to second place in the division since then. Some people will find any excuse they can dig up to defend the disaster that has been the Buffalo Bills organization for the past decade and a half.

Not sure what excuses I was making and I certainly wasn't defending our organization's decade of ineptitude of the past 10 years. Just taking a shot at the guy who put us down that is all. BTW, the Seahawks have had some good teams in recent seasons but playing in the worst division of the past 10 years certainly helped them get to the playoffs all of those times.

So if the Bills deserve to get moved down to the "minor" league does this mean Buffalo is getting moved to the NFC West?

Yet all 4 have been to super bowls since we have. With that fraud organization in SF actually having the longest stretch without. What clowns they are out there.

Sucks to be me. My basketball and football teams were both noted as options for relegation. Thankfully, it's just 2 irrelevant morons opinions. Tim is, as has been previously noted a number of times, still bitter. He'll be bitter his whole life as he is less talented than his brother and is most famous for his hot, right-wing wife.

He is, of course, very close with his answer though. We are located in a difficult region due to economic instability, we don't play all our home games at home and we haven't showed many signs of success or even growth over the past 15 seasons. This years draft crop notwithstanding,we have drafted as poorly as anyone in the league and free agents spurn us more often than signing. Not good traits. Doesn't make a bit of difference to me. Never going to stop defending the Bills or loving Bills football. That's why we are a big league team. The best fans in the game!

I know the feeling, in addition to being a lifelong Bills fan, I have been a Mets fan for over 40 years and that team is about to get repossessed by the banks and Fred Wilpon the owner is going to be homeless.

So if the Bills deserve to get moved down to the "minor" league does this mean Buffalo is getting moved to the NFC West?

We still wouldn't be competitive in that division, just wouldn't be mathmatically eliminated by October 1st each year.

Not sure what excuses I was making and I certainly wasn't defending our organization's decade of ineptitude of the past 10 years. Just taking a shot at the guy who put us down that is all. BTW, the Seahawks have had some good teams in recent seasons but playing in the worst division of the past 10 years certainly helped them get to the playoffs all of those times.

That is true, but they did get to a Super Bowl and at least one other NFC Championship I believe (might be wrong). Last year they were the first team with a losing record to get in the playoffs much less win a game (over the defending Super Bowl Champs). That wouldn't have happened if Buddy and Co. didn't give them Beast Mode for basically nothing.

Why? I'll tell you why. Because I and millions of others express my individuality through a carefully selected assortment of corporate logos and slogans. One look at my game day apparel and you will have no doubt that at any moment I might Just Do It all over someone's face to Protect This House. I wear jerseys to remove any doubt about my heterosexual identity and Zubaz to let any prospective hiring managers know that I am currently unemployed. The clearly altered name plate and number on my jersey let everyone around me know that if you start to slip up I will step on your throat before you can bat an eye. My wrap around sunglasses unequivocally communicate that when I'm not watching football I'm probably bass fishing or watching watching fishing related television programming.

If you're not wearing jerseys and logos like us then you're just the same as everybody else pal. Another brick in the wall.

Brilliant! :thumbsup:

Why? I'll tell you why. Because I and millions of others express my individuality through a carefully selected assortment of corporate logos and slogans. One look at my game day apparel and you will have no doubt that at any moment I might Just Do It all over someone's face to Protect This House. I wear jerseys to remove any doubt about my heterosexual identity and Zubaz to let any prospective hiring managers know that I am currently unemployed. The clearly altered name plate and number on my jersey let everyone around me know that if you start to slip up I will step on your throat before you can bat an eye. My wrap around sunglasses unequivocally communicate that when I'm not watching football I'm probably bass fishing or watching fishing related television programming.

+1