I am well pleased

This draft is showing me the bills have a commitment to playing defense next year. KUDOS to Nix and Gailey for addressing true NEED.

Great to see us getting quality defensive players. We still have to score points, I want to see how they address an anemic offense. Seems like they are much better informed than last year.

Edited by VADC Bills

I agree. There was some serious overreaction here when the Bills selected Williams.

I was one of them not because I thought it wasn't a need, I saw LB and TE (was hoping that we had a QB in mind) as a bigger need and that we basically had our pick of the litter at #34. The pick of Sheppard at 68 made this choice a lot better. After reading about this kid, Williams was agreat pick. The draft is going well so far!!

I almost feel like this is Nix and Gailey's first draft and that last year was just kind of a wash. Most opf those picks were being brought along very slowly and didn't do much until the end of the year. I am hoping to see a big improvement this upcoming season.

I am not a Fitz hater or a Fitz lover, but getting a franchise QB is something we need to take care of next draft... At pick #3 or #34 I thought we might do something, but Nix and company didn't feel there was one available, which is fine I don't want us to reach and end up where we have been since JK retired.

Great to see us getting quality defensive players. We still have to score points, I want to see how they address an anemic offense. Seems like they are much better informed than last year.

I agree. It seems like last year, after Spiller, they were still trying to be cute - pick up "sleepers" from small schools with "potential" to be better than their draft position rather than solid "BPA" guys who've proven they can do it on the field.

I think they were also trying to evaluate the veterans and decide what they really needed.

Also agree, I too want to see how they address the offense. RT and TE are still needs, and while we may pick up some promising prospects, history suggests 4th round or later unlikely to be first year starters. Unless we're going for #1pick to draft Luck next year (hey, it worked for the Rams), there are gaps to be filled and no FA to fill them. We also need an NFL-ready backup to Fitz and I don't think Levi is quite there (although I did enjoy during the Jets game, a smirking announcer went from 'yeah, he looks like a small school QB' to 'hey, that was a good throw!' in one breath.)

I hope after the draft, the War Room will be filling out a "FA Board" so that they can pull the trigger quickly when things get worked out.

This draft is showing me the bills have a commitment to playing defense next year. KUDOS to Nix and Gailey for addressing true NEED.

Remember that while the bills for the past decade have done poorly at the top of the draft they have done very well with the bottom rounds and udfas. This draft has the makings of a very good one. What is even better is that Dareus will make a couple of key guys around him better. Mainly Kyle Williams who was already a beast and Poz if the Bills sign him to a new contract.

I was one of them not because I thought it wasn't a need, I saw LB and TE (was hoping that we had a QB in mind) as a bigger need and that we basically had our pick of the litter at #34. The pick of Sheppard at 68 made this choice a lot better. After reading about this kid, Williams was agreat pick. The draft is going well so far!!

I almost feel like this is Nix and Gailey's first draft and that last year was just kind of a wash. Most opf those picks were being brought along very slowly and didn't do much until the end of the year. I am hoping to see a big improvement this upcoming season.

I am not a Fitz hater or a Fitz lover, but getting a franchise QB is something we need to take care of next draft... At pick #3 or #34 I thought we might do something, but Nix and company didn't feel there was one available, which is fine I don't want us to reach and end up where we have been since JK retired.

not a need LOL!

first off we play in the pass happy afc east and you can never have enough corners and this draft after the second round is very weak @ CB as nix said.

you so realize that youboty is gone most likely whitner and maybe florance so how can there be no need,you dont make any sense!

not a need LOL!

first off we play in the pass happy afc east and you can never have enough corners and this draft after the second round is very weak @ CB as nix said.

you so realize that youboty is gone most likely whitner and maybe florance so how can there be no need,you dont make any sense!

Re-read what I wrote. I didn't say it wasn't a need...

I hope they improve a lot this year. That said, when The Draft comes around next year, I wouldn't be opposed to Nix doing a Ditka and trading his entire 2012 draft to whomever to pick Luck.

Of course, if they don't improve a lot this year, Nix might be making that trade with himself. :ph34r:

Love this draft...it's time we had a dominant D back in B-lo, and this draft gets us well on our way. Dareus could be the best Dlineman we've had since Bruce.

creating some real competition in this defense. bringing in dareus should motivate troupe, kw, carrington edwards to compete for playing time and should make them better cause you know he's gonna command two lineman and prob even the rb in support. kw will dominate one on one and our lb's will be free to rush.

Im 1000% with you, dude!!!

They didnt just recognize and address a single position, they are addressing an ENTIRE UNIT. Love it.

Well, given that they had three months and no idea what type of players they had...you figure last year's draft would be unique

I think maybe Whaley is having an influence. Seems a lot like a Pittsburgh draft.

Unfortunately, for me, this draft has gone downhill. You're telling me that taking 2 DBs and a now a RB is addressing the holes on this team? We got 2 linemen. That's it. 2. So, Nix apparently thinks both the offensive and defensive lines are pretty well set.

I don't get it. Of course, I'll wait till the season, if there even is a season, to start; but for me this draft is looking like more of the same. Picking a bunch of players with little direction or plan to actually build and address true needs.

1 LB. really... 1? oh yeah.... we're set.

:pirate: By stopping the run ... playing better defense and getting the ball baci to the offense we immediately improve the offense. The biggest problem with our offense is the fact that the opposing defense gets to rest while their offense battered our D.

Nix and Chan have taken major steps with this draft to change things ... with our receiving corps (yea, I know ... why didn't we pick a TE) and Freddie plus I believe a rejeuvenated Spiller ... I think the offense will be just fine under Fitz! :thumbsup: