Fox Sports, What the H***

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/NFL-draft-first-round-report-card-042711?GT1=39002#photo-title=Atlanta%20Falcons%20%28from%20Cleveland%20Browns%29%20-%20Grade:%20A-&photo=29757325

Seriously, how do you say that the Bills getting the best run stuffing lineman for a team that was the worst rush defense team in the league is a B+, but the Falcons giveaway for a wide receiver was an A-?

I know these are BS, but still you guys, come on.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/NFL-draft-first-round-report-card-042711?GT1=39002#photo-title=Atlanta%20Falcons%20%28from%20Cleveland%20Browns%29%20-%20Grade:%20A-&photo=29757325

Seriously, how do you say that the Bills getting the best run stuffing lineman for a team that was the worst rush defense team in the league is a B+, but the Falcons giveaway for a wide receiver was an A-?

Trading 5 picks(2 #1, 1 #2 and 2 #4 picks) for 1 pick(Jones) on a team that already has Roddy White(top 5 WR in the game) seemed like a reach. They could have found a WR to compliment White at their pick in the 1st round or in the 2nd round.

PS The need help on defense not offense.

Grade(when factoring in all the picks they gave up) - D

Because the guys reporting on the draft like "stories." All the talk today about the 1st round is about the trade, or NO moving up for two #1s or Jax moving up and taking a guy the media thinks "fell."

Buffalo grabbing who everybody thought they would doesn't excite sports reporters, even if it was a fantastic pick and the Bills got perhaps the best player in the draft who just happens to fill their biggest need. This is the first time in forever where I'm pleased with what the Bills did in the 1st round, I'm not going to let some sports reporters who are more interested in excitement than in solid drafting ruin my day.

Draft "grades" at this point are meaningless - odds are that 50% of the guys picked will go bust or be "below average" NFL players. I believe the Bills may very well have pulled off the steal of the draft - Dareus makes the Bills better as soon as he steps on the field - not saying he will not have "rookie growing pains" but he may turn out to be the best guy in the draft.

Plus the Wr has a case of the dropsies. not good @ #6

I can't see the Bills pick as any less than A by any standards. He was the best player on the board. He was in one of our biggest positions of need. Unless Atlanta wanted to put together three years of ones and twos and a passle of threes and fours, I can't think of any way we could have done better.

Actually I think we deserved an A plus for this choice.

Whatever, we got the best player in the whole draft so that guy can stick it.

I don't care what any "expert" says...Cleveland absolutely fleeced the Falcons.

:worthy: , nice avatar BTW.

I don't care what any "expert" says...Cleveland absolutely fleeced the Falcons.

I agree, Holmgren's weakness in Seattle was as a personnel guy, in fact he removed himself from that position himself. But to get what he got from Atlanta, then move up and get the guy he wanted all along, so far he is the Star of the 2011 draft.

Draft "grades" at this point are meaningless - odds are that 50% of the guys picked will go bust or be "below average" NFL players. I believe the Bills may very well have pulled off the steal of the draft - Dareus makes the Bills better as soon as he steps on the field - not saying he will not have "rookie growing pains" but he may turn out to be the best guy in the draft.

I agree that draft grades only hours after the only the first round of the draft are meaningless, and also agree that probably 50% minium of the players taken in the first round will either be busts or marginal NFL players. I really don't think, no matter how great a player turns out that a #3 overall pick can be a "steal" whatsoever. A pick that high should be a superstar, regardless of the situation.

Yes, these are meaningless. But in their defense, the grades aren't only supposed to represent how good an NFL player the teams got. It's a grade on their performance in the draft....what value based on their rankings teams were able to get with their picks, how well those picks fit needs, etc...

The fact that nobody knows how the players will do long term makes them overly subjective and hence meaningless, but the rankings are more about the teams than the players. And of course "wow" impacts your grade, good or bad.

That said, given his talent and the Bills' needs, the Dareus pick can't be anything but a solid A. Anyone that says anything else is over thinking it.

Can any one seriously grade a draft after round 1?

Even Peter "the idiot" King found a way to diss Buffalo. "what choice did they have"

Pretty sure they grading round 1 of the draft, not the whole draft.

Edited by Faustus

I really don't think, no matter how great a player turns out that a #3 overall pick can be a "steal" whatsoever. A pick that high should be a superstar, regardless of the situation.

I think he may turn out to be a minor "steal" only in that Carolina may well regret not taking him at #1, and Miller may have trouble workig in Denver's 4-3, so getting the guy we should have taken even if we were at #1, and probably should have been gone, may turn out to be a "steal".

A more accurate assessment might be to call it - the Bills very good fortune that he got past two teams who could have used him.

I agree, Holmgren's weakness in Seattle was as a personnel guy, in fact he removed himself from that position himself. But to get what he got from Atlanta, then move up and get the guy he wanted all along, so far he is the Star of the 2011 draft.

I agree that draft grades only hours after the only the first round of the draft are meaningless, and also agree that probably 50% minium of the players taken in the first round will either be busts or marginal NFL players. I really don't think, no matter how great a player turns out that a #3 overall pick can be a "steal" whatsoever. A pick that high should be a superstar, regardless of the situation.

I think your bolded statement is why some of the grades for Dareus aren't higher than they are. Also, it's hard to give the Bills credit for being smarter than the fan base when they did exactly what 95% or more of the fans would have done in that situation. That being said, the Bills seem to have gotten a great player who will be an excellent addition to their DL for many years to come. :) I'm very happy with the Dareus pick, and I'm among the 95% who would have taken him.

The Vikings were in desperate need of a quarterback; and Ponder could very well be a long-term answer for them. It's very hard for me to fault a pick like that. (Except that I wish the Bills had found a way to trade back into the first to take him.)

I agree with whoever it was who said that the Falcons made a bad trade, and that Cleveland is the winner there. I also think New Orleans was the loser in its trade with the Patriots. If the Saints felt that nervous about their running back situation, they could always have added some guy in the third round. Then they could have used their second round pick to improve their OL or their defensive front-7. Odds are that the two starting RBs they had on the roster prior to the draft would have been able to carry a large portion of the load, so it's not like they'd be that reliant on their third round RB. And the second round pick this year, plus the first rounder next year, would make them a much better team in other areas.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/683764-2011-nfl-draft-grades-top-5-winners-from-round-1-of-nfl-draft#/articles/682857-2011-nfl-draft-grades-report-card-for-every-pick-of-round-1/page/4

Fox is Corrupt. Look at their new channel...