Round 2 (Pick #34): CB Aaron Williams - University of Texas

SDS

Like I said earlier I would've liked to see them trade down but this was a good pick and if he was the highest rated player on the Bills board then awesome! Better pick when you see how weak the CB class is this year (it's been said worst in the last 10 years)...We got one of the last really good ones

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the problem. This team has been burned by DBs being taken earlier than they should have so anytime we draft a DB everyone hates the pick. The fact here is that this kid has 1st round talent and will start right away. We don't have much in terms defensive backs and with Whitner likely out the door, we need help back there. Williams has a ton of upside. Yeah I know it's not a LB or Bowers but this was a need.

If you mean Bowers, how do you not understand that he has no knee and the entire NFL has based on him, and is likely to pass on him again.

The only position Bowers is going to fill is IR.

I guess his knee must be bad because everyone is passing on him. Is his knee that bad that he wouldn't be worth 3rd round pick if he was still there?

Also, with regards to the other need positions like LB, there's a steep drop off at CB after williams, while there appears to be a good number of LBs on the board. There's more draft depth at that position.

I agree man...there are PLENTY of LB's available: Moch, Foster, Stuidsvant (typo..lol), acho, Greg jones, martez wilson, bruce carter, LB from miami, etc..

I figured they would go CB early. Just was hoping it wasn't in the first round.

Don't know much about this guy, but I know he was one of the few corners with 1st round grades on him. He's got a lot of upside and a HUGE wingspan, which is great for a corner. He's 6'1 and 200 pounds. Tweener? Huh?

He's a hybrid guy as well, can play all 5 DB positions. Clearly, the Bills are drafting to give themselves flexibility, which IMO, is 100% the right approach given the state of the personnel when Nix and Gailey got there.

Link

Not sure I like the position we picked but Buddy continues to pick BPA. May indicate that the staff is not happy with the production from the CB position. Also, a DB that can play CB or safety is very valuable. I can reconcile to the pick but would have been happier with LB or even TE.

I am trying to figure out why anyone would be upset with this.....

He was carrying a 1st round grade.....we have corners that are either getting old or about to be lost in free agency......Whitner is gone........he can play either corner OR safety......so we dont fall apart when the injury bug hits

We are doing what needs to be done......fixing the defense........

I don't love the position we drafted for but it was surely a position of need. I just wanted a bunch of DL, LB and OL/TE fat guys. It's a solid pick though, a highly rated big player who could turn into a very good pro. Nix expects him to be a starter maybe right away from what he has said the last few days. He has first round talent and a lot of the draftniks had him going in the first. Mayock, the best in the biz IMO, had him 26 overall I think.

If we go OT or ILB on the next pick with a solid player I will be extremely happy with this draft though. I just don't want a WR or QB or RB or another DB taken in the third.

we had other needs.

That applies to virtually every position on the team.

With Florence and Youboty FAs, McGee getting older/busted up, and McKelvin's lack of instincts/boneheadedness, this pick makes good sense. They only have five corners on the team and likely 1-2 will walk...

Does it worry anyone that he had 0...that's ZERO...interceptions last year? I know it could mean that people weren't throwing at him as much, but I don't know if that was the case.

Edited by Tommy

Not sure I like the position we picked but Buddy continues to pick BPA. May indicate that the staff is not happy with the production from the CB position. Also, a DB that can play CB or safety is very valuable. I can reconcile to the pick but would have been happier with LB or even TE.

Not sure I can reconcile to the pick and sorry I started another thread on this topic.

For me, it starts in the AFC East. That is where the Bills play and compete. Just my opinion, but drafting this high in the 2nd? We do not have six picks in the first three rounds like the Patriots to develop players. If we want to win now, we need impact players that will start now.