Round 2 (Pick #34): CB Aaron Williams - University of Texas

SDS

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it's a need, I just would have rather filled other needs first...closer to the line.

Two things:

1. We HAVE to start re-signing our CB's. Florence should be signed, but at least he isn't a draft pick. McKelvin needs to get signed and they better plan on signing Williams again. We just can't keep doing this!

2. Here's hoping Greg Jones is available in round 3. :unsure:

Like it or not, it was a definite need, and a player with a 1st round grade on him.

Florence is gone, and McGee is getting up there in age. Tough to argue with it.

+1

You people need to chill. McDainBramage doesn't get it and McGee is showing his age. Who was going to play CB in 2011? Chris Kelsay?

Edited by Why So Serious?

god, you anti CB guys are just like broken records. we are gonna lose 1-3 guys in our secondary due to FA and old age, and it's a bad idea to get a well rated guy who can play CB or S in the 2nd?

Clowns and losers. Franchise QBs and pass rushers left on the table AGAIN.

Yeah right.. what "franchise" QB was still on the board? Think you meant potential franchise QB.. there is no evidence any of the QB's from this years draft will become a franchise QB..

I'll resist the urge to make 'Ghost of Jauron' jokes and ask for those who watched him play a lot to comment.

Despite all the investment in recent years, the Bills do not have a top tier DB on the roster so if this guy is the real deal, he will help. I'm just very happy they didn't go for QB. I'm also a little surprised they didn't think any of the available front 7 guys where as or more valuable at that spot.

Go Bills

i say good value, at a need position, not an awful pick. i loved ayers, but im ok with this. id still like a lb (maybe trade up, or go after a guy like herzlich later).

to a degree it could speak to what doctors and coaches think of merriman if you ask me.

I just don't understand. A great dlineman there for the taking and another cb??? How depressing

If you mean Bowers, how do you not understand that he has no knee and the entire NFL has based on him, and is likely to pass on him again.

The only position Bowers is going to fill is IR.

I like the pick. Lets face it, our corners are pretty bad... CB/LB were both needs at this point, and I guess they had Williams rated higher than any LB that was still there..pick makes sense.

This goes to show also that the coaching staff has full confidence in Fitz.