Official Non-Bills Draft Thread

He's great on that QB camp show he has on ESPN. Also like him on MNF.

As much as I don't like him on the draft coverage, I think he is okay on MNF, but I really did enjoy the QB Camp shows.

I must say, I don't get the NFL Network. I haven't seen much of their draft coverage. Every time I go to my folks house, back in Buffalo, I get all amped about being able to see the NFL Network...but after a while, it isn't all that much better than ESPN. Too many stuffed shirts, and ex-player yahoos...maybe I am just getting old, but as much as I used to enjoy all this stuff, it is mostly just a lot of noise now...

Which NFL Network guys are working the draft?

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or just when the Bills are about to pick, ESPN goes to commercial.... Hmmmmm...

They only did it in each of the first 3 rounds. I was watching NFLN but its not surprising that espn did it too.

Day 1 I was thinking "how can you go to commercial before the #3 pick?"

Day 2 I was thinking "there's no way they go to commercial before the #2 pick" but they did.

round 3, same as above for pick 4. I think we all know why, but it doesnt feel very good.

Edited by maddenboy

Kiper bases his opinions on rumors, his contacts on teams and stats. I prefer to listen to someone who knows how to watch tape.

Actually, the more I hear Gruden, the less I like him...the further removed he gets from the game, he will sound more and more like someone just doing a routine...anyone who really enjoys the NFL Draft, as a fan event, should really appreciate Kiper...

Gruden is following the John Madden playbook... pick a persona, and [ride] it until it becomes self-caricature... then keep riding it until Frank Caliendo's son is old enough to imitate him on the pre-game show,

Good call. The messy hair, the 'Chucky' looks, etc.

Gruden has looked like a buffoon this draft.

Ive been watching ESPNs and NFL networks coverage and they are equally as bad. I alternate the mute between the two so I dont have to hear anyone of them too long. It seems that both goto commercial breaks at the same time, or atleast close to the same time. I would have to say Maylock is my favorite.

whiffed??? Hahaha. you people are unbelievable. Sheppard was the leading tackler on one of the nation's top defenses 2 years in a row. Kelvin Sheppard will be a starter in the NFL for many years. He has a great attitude and will work hard to get even better. He is also an absolute beast on the football field who loves to hit. He has the utmost respect from his coaches and staff because of how he plays the game. Im also pretty sure Nix and Gailey know more about these guys do than any of us know it all fans. I didnt know everyone here on this board was Mel Kiper or Todd McShay with their credentials.

Would anybody be happy to hear we had the worst draft instead of the best ?? I think that we're looking great & directly addressing all of our immediate needs.

They drafted the right position in Rd 3, but they took the wrong guy. How is taking a guy in rd 3 who would have been there in rd 4 a great move?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

They drafted the right position in Rd 3, but they took the wrong guy. How is taking a guy in rd 3 who would have been there in rd 4 a great move?

Jt6 pack, just curious, why do you think Sheppard would have been there in the 4th round?

I noticed a bunch of drafting, esp. DL and OL, that did not accord with the order of the "experts" who expound to the fans.

Presumably, those teams scouts weight some factors differently or evaluate somewhat differently, and had those guys higher on their boards.