A.J Green will be the # 3 pick

I hate to say it but I promise this will be the pick tomorrow so I will check back then to see the results

I am not sure that I disagree with this pick, I think he is the best player in a couple of years to come out of college

????

I am not sure that I disagree with this pick, I think he is the best player in a couple of years to come out of college

Is it odd that you responded to your own post?

Yes.

As for AJ Green, I wouldn't be up in arms if he was the pick.....unless Dareus was still on the board.

Edited by Special K

Is it odd that you responded to your own post?

Yes.

As for AJ Green, I wouldn't be up in arms if he was the pick.....unless Dareus was still on the board.

He needs to pad his posts :lol:

the four players with the best grades are Darius-Von Miller-Peterson-AJ Green, IDC which one the Bills draft as long as its one of those 4 guys

Green isn't even the consensus best WR. If they really feel the need to get a WR they don't need, then trade down and draft Julio Jones. Hell if Newton and Gabbert are still on the board (Carolina takes Dareus and Denver takes either Peterson or Miller) then they could trade down to Arizona's or Minnesota's spot and Green may still be there.

I wouldn't hate this pick. Nothing helps a QB look better than a WR that catches everything thrown his direction. I predicted it would be Green months ago. I'm not so sure now though. But yeah, I could go for that.

Nothing helps a QB more than an offensive line, a running game, a defense that produces turnovers and short fields to work with, a quality offensive coordinator, and their own talent. WR's are about the least important part of what makes a QB look good.

Nothing helps a QB more than an offensive line, a running game, a defense that produces turnovers and short fields to work with, a quality offensive coordinator, and their own talent. WR's are about the least important part of what makes a QB look good.

You've got a point, but do you think Eli Manning wins that SB if Tyree doesn't make that circus catch off his helmet? Or Big Ben if Santonio Holmes doesn't make that sideline grab in the EZ?

Edited by reddogblitz

I hate taking a WR or a RB at #3... Those 2 positions are the easiest of all to fill. Quality Big Men are tough to sign, I want a Blue Chip D-Lineman..

Agreed...I think the best scenerio for us is to trade down. We need extra picks with all the positions we need to fill. Plus moving back a few slots in the first round will still enable us to get a quality D-lineman, which, will make the defense that much better. I think AJ Green is a great player no doubt about it, but being 32 against the run will not win you ball games no matter how potent your offense is.

I guess it really depends on how you look at it.

:thumbsup:

I like it when they argue/contradict themselves, get pizzed and start calling themselves names.

:thumbsup:

I like it when they argue/contradict themselves, get pizzed and start calling themselves names.

I don't. Your a moron!

Well, IMO it would be a disaster to draft Green. 1st round WR bust as much if not more than any position. If the Bills draft Green, it'll be the 1st step in moving the team, because there will be no reason to watch this team or go to games next year. They wil have no chance of winning more games next year than they did this year. It might make us the front runner in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes

I was watching some draft coverage last night that was discussing the WR's in this year's draft. As I was watching it I had a distinct memory of Gailey and Nix at a press conference last year saying that they want "big strong" guys on the outside. Green is 220 lbs and is as fast as Lee Evans. It might not be the need pick but it certainly would help the offense. I guess it's going to depend on where they have him rated on the board.

i wish i could pull up all of my old original post.... The Bills have been throwing smoke screens up the whole time...they are in love with AJ Green... they havent even come close to having a game changer like him on offense....Eric Moulds and Reed dont come close to this kids skill set....

Only way we dont take Green is if Miller is there

I would be surprised if we went with Green, although I wouldn't be surprised with any pick of the other top four-Newton, Dareus, Miller or Peterson. I'm still big on Dareus or Miller as they would go a long way of solving our biggest problem, no pass rush and inability to stop the run. The other two are more risky and don't reallyaddress our biggest problems, but they are the best players available. I would hope that if Dareus and Miller aren't there we would trade down...if we didn't trade down, I'd have to pick Peterson, then Newton, then Green. Should be kind of interesting tonite.

I hate to say it but I promise this will be the pick tomorrow so I will check back then to see the results

A.J. Green would not be my first choice after Newton or Gabbert, but if Nix did pass up first the franchise QB, and then the glut of great defensive players to draft Green, I would say at least this guy would be a better choice for his offense then Spiller was for it last year. Hey, if this ends up being the "Modrak-led Reach" for 2011, fine. At least he's rated as the best BIG WR coming out of college, and not just he best "scat-back" type RB coming out of college.

All of that said, I can't imagine Nix drafting Green anyway, so I think this thread is a waste of your time.

Well, IMO it would be a disaster to draft Green. 1st round WR bust as much if not more than any position. If the Bills draft Green, it'll be the 1st step in moving the team, because there will be no reason to watch this team or go to games next year. They wil have no chance of winning more games next year than they did this year. It might make us the front runner in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes

Totally agree...

Should the Bills take Green it would be Spiller 2.0...Green has incredible potential...He's a heck of a good Prospect...But...And Folks this is a MASSIVE but...Johnson, Evans, Parrish, Nelson, Jones, Roosevelt, Easley, etc. at WR...At QB it's Fitz and enter crickets sound effect...At DL it's Kyle Williams, Troupe and Carrington are 2nd year Players who made almost zero impact as Rookies, and enter cricket sound effects...At LB you have Poz (maybe), Merriman coming off another injury, Maybin :lol: , Moats, and enter crickets sound effect...And PLEASE don't tell me it's OK to Draft Green because you're going to get rid of Lee Evans...It would be the same old garbage...Draft a Player high where you at least have some depth and get rid of a serviceable Player...In the meantime you STILL don't have a QB of the future, you STILL can't stop the Run, you STILL need a RT, you STILL need more Pass Rush, you still need another LB...Etc, etc, etc...

It would be the same old-same old for The Bills to be honest...I would not be surprised at all...Draft the flash and forget about the rest... B-)

I would love to say you are crazy, because after last season which resulted in promising seasons from a couple young receivers, you wouldn't think anyone with a clue would take a WR and not fill a glaring weakness. But when you consider who is running our draft, and last season our least area of need was RB and what did they do? We all know that disaster named Spiller, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I've said it before...every time I watch Green highlights, I am waiting for one of his legs to be snapped. From the waist down, he is a twig.

I'll pass.

Green, Dareus or Miller will bve available as Bills fans we need to celebrate,,,no matter who...because they are all impact,ready to play, and difference makers

Green isn't even the consensus best WR. If they really feel the need to get a WR they don't need, then trade down and draft Julio Jones. Hell if Newton and Gabbert are still on the board (Carolina takes Dareus and Denver takes either Peterson or Miller) then they could trade down to Arizona's or Minnesota's spot and Green may still be there.

No. Green is the best WR in the draft. There is a consensus if the person talking is talking about actual football games played and not combine workouts. Green is the better receiver and watching their games will make it obvious. Jones is good, but he does not play as fast as he ran at the combine, he drops passes, his route running is not as sharp as Green's. Green catches everything, everywhere on the field.

I've said it before...every time I watch Green highlights, I am waiting for one of his legs to be snapped. From the waist down, he is a twig.

I'll pass.

Would you pass on Jerry Rice? He was thin and even thinner the year he was drafted. You are worried about Green's physique, but what was he doing in the highlights you watched? And what year were those highlights from? You could find more from each year he played at Georgia. If the Bills took him don't be upset. He's a great talent.

I'll pass.

Sounds like you just described Ocho Stinko. The biggest thing on his body is his mouth.

I dont think Green is better than Suh and Suh came out last year.

I think there is a decent chance we draft Green, especially with the new rules. Isn't the new rule that you cannot hit the WR while he is catching the ball?

you cant tackle the QB if he is thinking about throwing either :blink:

This is similiar to when the QB intends to throw the ball, then decides not to, and fumbles, its not a fumble :blink:

:blink:

Until our defense can keep our offense on the field a lot more and the O-line can protect our QB (whoever it may be) much better, and until we get a decent tight end, picking Green at #3 would be another luxury "BPA" type of pick and shouldn't (although it could) happen. Green and Peterson should be on the low end of the top five or six guys on the Bills board.

That being said, if they do take Green he should be an impact player on the offense. I just don't see it happening, based on positions the Bills truly need to fill. We already have a really good receiving corp that will only get better.