All Newton all the time

RichardBag

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wouldn't being a national top recruit and winning 2 National Championships at two different college levels be the definition of a "whole body of work?"

Seriously -- Cam Newton is a one-year wonder from a college QB perspective. Do you really think he was the reason or even a key contributor to the other national championship team he was on? :o

Seriously -- Cam Newton is a one-year wonder from a college QB perspective. Do you really think he was the reason or even a key contributor to the other national championship team he was on? :o

I believe Ghost was referring to Newton's JUCO championship. Pretty sure he was THE contributing factor there.

GO BILLS!!!

Cam Newton is like Big Ben but bigger, faster and a stronger arm. Not sure about other issues such as character stuff with the Auburn thing but I would give him the benefit of dobt here. Guy is a great athlete and with Chan teaching him he could be great. Wheter we need him instead of DL or LBs is a diffeerent issue.

Newton says he's an 'entertainer and an icon'.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/cam-newton-views-himself-as-an-entertainer-and-icon/1

Red flag flying here. Sounds like the guy is full of himself and is going to be trouble. Do not waste the #3 pick in the draft on this potential head case....

Cam Newton is like Big Ben but bigger, faster and a stronger arm. Not sure about other issues such as character stuff with the Auburn thing but I would give him the benefit of dobt here. Guy is a great athlete and with Chan teaching him he could be great. Wheter we need him instead of DL or LBs is a diffeerent issue.

Big Ben is an interesting comparison since this past season the media fawned all over Ben and forgave him for sexual assault (twice) ... yet people here think stealing (or buying a stolen) laptop is a far graver offense. I'm guessing some (not all) of the people on this board hitting Newton for character issues would have no problems with the Bills acquiring Big Ben.

Just an interesting sociological observation.

Big Ben is an interesting comparison since this past season the media fawned all over Ben and forgave him for sexual assault (twice) ... yet people here think stealing (or buying a stolen) laptop is a far graver offense. I'm guessing some (not all) of the people on this board hitting Newton for character issues would have no problems with the Bills acquiring Big Ben.

Just an interesting sociological observation.

The media "forgave" BR for sexual assault (I won't even go into the "twice" nonsense)??

You must not read "the media" much.

They are null and void because they are true? Wiki, ESPN, USA Today.

The weed was not mentioned as a big article and I cannot find a link to it, remember hearing it on ESPN, but he was with a player at Florida who was found to be carrying and smoking weed. So, to say possession was a stretch, but he was linked to it just as much. I believe the incident became a non-incident because the charges were dropped or the other player was the only one using it.

With all due respect you make no sense.... You can't find the link or have know proof but you remember hearing which means you THINK (Think = Non Factual) he was caught with weed...Then you say they are true, but you say the charges were dropped or the other person who actually had the weed (you say) got charged not Cam? There's alot of WTH in your defense how bout I forget you even mentioned the weed thing as a whole because its so FALSE its comical. Stick to the stolen laptop or cheating argument even tho he bought a stolen laptop and got caught cheating on a math test or I don't know maybe it was science (Nothing to do with actual football, who cares) or no a good one is the one year wonder agument but you'd problaby take Fairly or hell if Luck came out you'd drool over him huh?.. But hey if it works I guess but just let the weed thing fade away...

Cam Newton at #3, because we need another RB. That will make 4 in 9 drafts. To those who think he is a QB… He had 24 more pass attempts than runs. (280 pass attempts, 264 runs) That doesn’t even include the number of planned runs that went for a loss of yardage. For Qb’s they call them sacks.

To Those quoting Cam Newton when he said “Colleges were afraid I was too much of a pocket passer”, you do realize you are quoting Cam Newton? You’ll say just about anything when you are trying to debunk a sigma about yourself, true or not. I’m not saying that he didn’t get that from a college coach, (although I have yet to see a quote from anyone but him), I’m saying that he thinks the evidence shows that he is a running QB and he knows he has to try and convince everyone else.

264 rushing attempt for a QB in the NFL will get you killed. Fred Jackson only had 222 last year. :wallbash:

The media "forgave" BR for sexual assault (I won't even go into the "twice" nonsense)??

You must not read "the media" much.

All the hype leading up to the Super Bowl was about him being redeemed if they won. It was everywhere. There were certainly counterpoints. But even in the pre-game introductions Sam Elliot brought it up ...

And yes, he has been accused twice. Once by the chick in Georgia. Another in 2008 which was later was a civil case which was withdrawn.

Gabbart just announced he will NOT participate in any throwing drills at the combine. Dumb move, IMO.

On the other hand, Newton will participate in all drills at the combine.

Actually, 'Team Gabbert' announced it 2 days ago...

According to Sporting News, Gabbert's agent has confirmed that he will not throw at the Combine instead waiting for Mizzou's March 17th pro day...This doesn't come as a complete shock because a lot of top quarterbacks don't throw at the Combine...Working out at a pro day makes the most sense. At the Combine, you're likely going to be throwing to receivers you're not familiar with, on a field you're not familiar with and in an environment you're not familiar with...On the other hand, a pro day is done with receivers you've been working with and usually at your home field in a comfortable (or familiar) environment.

Link - 2011 NFL Combine: Blaine Gabbert Won't Throw Until Missouri Pro Day

Never thought about it before but, if you read the article, it seems like a smart decision...sound reasoning...nothing unusual...blah...blah...Gabbert...Gabbert... :beer:

Edited by The Senator

All the hype leading up to the Super Bowl was about him being redeemed if they won. It was everywhere. There were certainly counterpoints. But even in the pre-game introductions Sam Elliot brought it up ...

And yes, he has been accused twice. Once by the chick in Georgia. Another in 2008 which was later was a civil case which was withdrawn.

"All the hype leading up to the SB" was about BR's possible "redemption"? You're making this up, clearly. That was one angle of many--and stories in "the media", like SF Examiner, Washington Post, ESPN, USA Today, NFL Fanhouse, etc. were critical or openly mocked any talk of redemption.

The "civil case" was "withdrawn" because there was no "rape"--even the woman who cooked up that totally bogus story knows it never happened. So why do you include it as a "charge" against BR?? You are the only person in the country who still believes that happened. You should really use the internet to do a bit of research before you jump onto thin ice with both feet.

Cam Newton at #3, because we need another RB. That will make 4 in 9 drafts. To those who think he is a QB… He had 24 more pass attempts than runs. (280 pass attempts, 264 runs)

If you look at those pass attempts on a per game average, he still had a decent amount. The run total is up there only because of the offense they ran and that he was their best option when running the ball. It's not indicative of him being a run first guy. IMO.

"All the hype leading up to the SB" was about BR's possible "redemption"? You're making this up, clearly. That was one angle of many--and stories in "the media", like SF Examiner, Washington Post, ESPN, USA Today, NFL Fanhouse, etc. were critical or openly mocked any talk of redemption.

The "civil case" was "withdrawn" because there was no "rape"--even the woman who cooked up that totally bogus story knows it never happened. So why do you include it as a "charge" against BR?? You are the only person in the country who still believes that happened. You should really use the internet to do a bit of research before you jump onto thin ice with both feet.

Again, read what I wrote a bit closer. It'll help. I promise.

Again, read what I wrote a bit closer. It'll help. I promise.

I quoted you. Which statement are you now running away from--that "all the hype" of the SB was about "redemption" or the claim that BR had two rape charges against him? Or the part where you said thet the media "forgave him for sexual assualt (twice)"?

You should really pull all three.