Nix wishes he had the #1 pick this year

I heard an interview of Nix on an Alabama radio station and he was asked if it was easier to have the #3 pick or the #1 pick. His reply was that there is more pressure with the #1 pick, but right now I wish I had it because I would know everyone would be there.

It's right at the beginning.

http://joxfm.com/Article.asp?id=2154512&spid=23646

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I heard an interview of Nix on an Alabama radio station and he was asked if it was easier to have the #3 pick or the #1 pick. His reply was that there is more pressure with the #1 pick, but right now I wish I had it because I would know everyone would be there.

OMG!!!! We are doooooomed!!!!

In the ever expanding world of "reading between the lines", it seems to me that you take the top 3 players and amongst yourselves, select the most likely candidate for the title of "damn, I wish we'd not missed out on said player". Marcell Dareus is my selection in this guessing game, any other guesses??

be careful what you wish for.....

Smokescreens are very common during the draft. Nix likely wants to get some team to trade up with them. Picking up an extra second and maybe an extra mid rounder and still getting to pick in the top 7 or 8 is really good way to get value out of the pick.

Smokescreens are very common during the draft. Nix likely wants to get some team to trade up with them. Picking up an extra second and maybe an extra mid rounder and still getting to pick in the top 7 or 8 is really good way to get value out of the pick.

how is this a smokescreen?

so a team wants to move up, they think of possible trade partners and gm's say, "oh the bills would love to pick 2 picks higher, maybe they want to move 4 picks down?"

so, you surmised this from Buddy's comments about preferring the #1 pick over the #3 pick? That is his smokescreen?

Actually, it suggests to me that there arent 3 players that he thinks are worthy of being drafted in the top 3. It sounds like he's worried that his top 2 will be gone, and then he'll have to settle or reach.

But then again, every team below us has the same worry. Every year its the same. If you are drafting 9th, you feel that there are only 8 good players at the top of the draft, etc., etc.

Woah, terrified.

First Bilderburg is taking over everything going to ruin our amazing country, and Justin Bieber cut his hair and now Chan Gailey says something that makes complete sense???

Of course, the first pick is always the easiest, it is pick of the litter.

I think everyone on here is putting on some elaborate smokescreen. I can't comprehend any other way that so many people could use that word so often, and have no idea how the concept really works. I just can't figure out why they are playing dumb yet.

how is this a smokescreen?

so a team wants to move up, they think of possible trade partners and gm's say, "oh the bills would love to pick 2 picks higher, maybe they want to move 4 picks down?"

+1 It doesn't sound like he's thinking of trading down, also this just makes me think he wants Newton.

Nix wishes he had the #1 pick this year Who does he think will be gone?

This is simple. Cam Newton. All signs are pointing to the Panthers taking him at #1. My gut feeling is Nix wants this guy in a bad way, and so does Gailey, he is the type of QB that he has had success with in the past.

Myself personally, I don't think you will find a GM out there that could possibly have more of an insight on the person and player of Auburns biggest Tiger, Cameron Newton. Buddy Nix's comment "Cam has been a good leader everywhere he's been" should squash any doubts of Newtons leadership abilities. Nix also squashed the rest of the negative comments made by the most recent outlandish attack on Newtons character.

At 6' 6" 248 Lbs, Newton is a mountain of a man at the QB position. Blessed with the speed and rushing skills of OJ Simpson, Cam rushed for 1,473 yards and scored over 20 TD's on the ground, 30 passing TD's and even had a spectacular highlight reel receiving TD in tight coverage. Newtons 603 yards rushing over a three game span were the most for an Auburn player in a three game stretch since RB Bo Jackson in 1985. Newton also broke Jim Sidles SEC rushing record for a Quarterback, Newton is the 1st QB in SEC History to throw for 2,000 and rush for 1,000 yards in a season. Cam Newton also finished the season with a sparkling 182 QB rating and led the Nation with over 10 yards per pass play average. (1st down per pass play average.)

Undefeated , Heisman, National Champ, I'm not sure anyone in the history of College Football has ever accomplished as much in one season as Cam Newton. The kid throws the team on his shoulders, marches to the Championship everywhere he goes, and then wins it.

Buddy Nix knows what he's got with Newton (hell on wheels) and Nix will draft Cam If he's available at number #3 in my opinion.

No way Nix passes on Cam Newton, no way...