Prediction out of left field

BobbyC81

Just got the latest issue of Bills Digest. As has been the case for the last few years, there was a pre-draft question and answer column with supposed draft guru Russ Lande, who writes for the Sporting News.

His pick for the Bills? OT Anthony Castonzo of Boston College. Can't say I've seen this one before.

Just got the latest issue of Bills Digest. As has been the case for the last few years, there was a pre-draft question and answer column with supposed draft guru Russ Lande, who writes for the Sporting News.

His pick for the Bills? OT Anthony Castonzo of Boston College. Can't say I've seen this one before.

That's a prediction from outer space...LOL

IMO, Tyron Smith will be the first OT taken in the draft.

Guest three3

costanzo is the real deal. he is a top 15 pick no doubt. but at 3? why would i not put that past this gm? he doesn't call other gm's back on ideal trade offers. just ask the saints. so yea, i can see buddy reaching for costanzo here. likely? no. definitely a possibility though.

Edited by three3

Nothing personal, but thank GOD you're not NEVERGIVEUP!

costanzo is the real deal. he is a top 15 pick no doubt. but at 3? why would i not put that past this gm? he doesn't call other gm's back on ideal trade offers. just ask the saints. so yea, i can see buddy reaching for costanzo here. likely? no. definitely a possibility though.

And the former Bills' linebacker was Blake Costanzo, not to be confused with George Costanza.

He might be, but he doesn't seem to be viewed this way by the sportswriters. I suppose it depends what you mean by the "real deal."

By this do you mean Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, or Jonathan Ogden level? Because if he was thought to be that good, his name would be tossed around consistently as the first overall selection in this draft. Or, does "real deal" include LTs who are a step below those listed above, such as Brad Hopkins, Jumbo Elliot, Tarik Glenn, etc.? I am of the opinion that if teams think he is even this good he would certainly be worthy of a top 10 pick.

If there was a player projected to be a great Left Tackle, I for one would be screaming for the Bills to draft him. The Colts drafted Glenn and Meadows in the first and second rounds the year before they got Manning. This is a good way to build a football team, as opposed to drafting dumb defensive backs and part time or misfit running backs with your best resources.

Guest three3

He might be, but he doesn't seem to be viewed this way by the sportswriters. I suppose it depends what you mean by the "real deal."

By this do you mean Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, or Jonathan Ogden level? Because if he was thought to be that good, his name would be tossed around consistently as the first overall selection in this draft. Or, does "real deal" include LTs who are a step below those listed above, such as Brad Hopkins, Jumbo Elliot, Tarik Glenn, etc.? I am of the opinion that if teams think he is even this good he would certainly be worthy of a top 10 pick.

If there was a player projected to be a great Left Tackle, I for one would be screaming for the Bills to draft him. The Colts drafted Glenn and Meadows in the first and second rounds the year before they got Manning. This is a good way to build a football team, as opposed to drafting dumb defensive backs and part time or misfit running backs with your best resources.

i have a friend who has watched every game costanzo has played since he was a freshman. granted, this friend is no scout but he is as diehard a football fan as anyone on this board. his track record of football prospect analysis is excellent. he has costanzo right up there with the jonathan ogdens and orlando paces of the world. remember, boston college is o-lineman U. take a look at the types of NFL'ers that come out of BC. it is mainly linemen. i put a lot of stock in this man's opinion and he is 100% sure that costanzo is a future pro bowler.

If we spent the #3 pick on Castonzo? Well....as the great Chevy Chase said in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, "If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."

I hate it. Unless we trade down 4 times and are paid accordingly

Right? no way we pick him at 3. Of course I never thought in a million years we would pick Maybin and Spiller :wallbash: . It seems like the guy I want the least the Bills pick, oh' nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! that means we are picking Newton AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

While I still think DL is the bigger need, assuming they could trade down, Castonzo would be a very solid pick. I'd have no complaints if they got him and an extra high pick.

Edited by KD in CT