"Barefoot Contessa" has no heart?

Buftex

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure its not as cut and dry as the article makes it seem....we will have to wait and see if there is a rest of the story....

You know, that was my first thought too...but unless she had some contagious disease, I can't really fathom any (good) reason she wouldn't grant this kids' wish...which is where the PR person will come in! :rolleyes:

I know I'm going to hell for this but I think I'm headed there anyway so here goes. I think his new dream will be very easy to grant.

Enzo, who asked his parents, "Why doesn't she want to meet me?" has chosen another wish, which the foundation has been able to grant -- the brave little boy is currently taking lessons to prepare for his new dream: to swim with dolphins.

I am sure its not as cut and dry as the article makes it seem....we will have to wait and see if there is a rest of the story....

You don't have to wait and see if there's a rest of the story. This kids dying of cancer. She can't spend an hour or 2 of her day to see this kid? Heartless btch

Tom you certainly are a heartless SOB...don't you know that being a 'celebrity' gets you extra hours in the day in order to fulfill every wish and demand on your time...common man, get with the program...

I wonder how many of the people bitching about the heartlessness of the decision give to every single charity that knocks at their door... <_<

Tom you certainly are a heartless SOB...don't you know that being a 'celebrity' gets you extra hours in the day in order to fulfill every wish and demand on your time...common man, get with the program...

I can almost gurantee, this lady will find the time after this story spreads...I find it hard to believe, of all 'celebrities' Ina Garten is in uber high demand...and I would bet my life, there is only one dying 6 year old making meeting her his ultimate wish...and if any kid, any person for that matter, made meeting me their ultimate wish,through the Make A Wish foundation, I would grant it, promise...Pooj, you think Ina is afraid if she grant one dying kids wish to spend an hour or two with her, other 6 year olds will jump on the gravey train?

DC Tom, making another silly argument, just for the sake of arguing...

Edited by Buftex

It's the price of celebrity.

But what if she's anonymously $100k to the cancer society and right now shes spending the next 6 months in Europe. I don't know and you don't know her true reason for not doing this. I'll wait until I hear the full story.

But what if she's anonymously $100k to the cancer society and right now shes spending the next 6 months in Europe. I don't know and you don't know her true reason for not doing this. I'll wait until I hear the full story.

Touche! Typical, you chefs all stick togehter. <_<

Edited by Buftex

DC Tom, making another silly argument, just for the sake of arguing...

No, a very cogent argument: who the hell can satisfy every single demand on their time? It's a ridiculous expectation.

You want a ridiculous argument? Try "Oh, but the poor kid has cancer!" Oh, okay...that makes things completely different than the other 30 requests she probably gets in a week to donate her time. :rolleyes:

No, a very cogent argument: who the hell can satisfy every single demand on their time? It's a ridiculous expectation.

You want a ridiculous argument? Try "Oh, but the poor kid has cancer!" Oh, okay...that makes things completely different than the other 30 requests she probably gets in a week to donate her time. :rolleyes:

You would think, wouldn't you?

Touche! Typical, you chefs all stick togehter.

No I don't go through life with knee jerk reactions. I tend to wait until I know both COMPLETE sides of the story.

Oh and BTW get it right. It's us heartless bastards that stick together. The fact that she's a chef has nothing to do with it.

No I don't go through life with knee jerk reactions. I tend to wait until I know both COMPLETE sides of the story.

Oh and BTW get it right. It's us heartless bastards that stick together. The fact that she's a chef has nothing to do with it.

Then there is that too!

i agree with you. and playing devils advocate

couldnt every single boy with any disease ask to see her? she couldnt oblige to all of them.

honestly the story sounds bad. but if we were in her shoes, we would probably do the same.

couldnt every single boy with any disease ask to see her? she couldnt oblige to all of them.

honestly the story sounds bad. but if we were in her shoes, we would probably do the same.

:lol: You are joking aren't you?

im not joking.

i have a heart. i would do my best to go to all these requests.

in reality could a celebrity go to each request of each sick child in all the usa? of course not.

So, you really think, if the Barefoot Contessa were to grant one dying, six year old child, his wish to cook a meal with her, it might prompt a slew of copy-cat dying children to have the same, single, dying wish? Really? I would hazard to guess that most here who post on the wall don't even know who she is, let alone a pack of dying six year old children across the usa. We aren't talking about Justin Bieber or Lady Ga Ga here...

Why do I get the feeling that if the celebrity in question was say, uh, I dunno, George Clooney, Sean Penn,Tom Hanks, Susan Sarandon or somebody along those lines (you know, someone like joethesixpacks "limousine liberals") the conservative wack-pack here, would be more than okay jumping all over them? Or how about Chad Ochocino, Willis McGahee, Jay Cutler or Mike Tyson?

Funny, it got me thinking about a classic "Larry Sanders" episode about this very subject...Larry is freaked out by looking at a dying child in the eyes, so he grants a kids wish to come and spend the day on the set, but does everything he can to avoid the kid... :lol:

Edited by Buftex

She had time to cook a 100k a plate lunch to benefit the hamptons, but not an afternoon to fulfill a dying kids wish? The scheduling conflict excuse is a poor attempt at damage control. My guess is that she can't handle being around a dying child. That makes more sense, but is still selfish.

Eventually, she'll release a statement claiming ignorance. The blame will be placed on her representatives.

Life among the limousine liberals out in the Hamptons turns you into a cold fish, apparently.

I am sure the common denominator here is NOT: limo liberals. The common denominator is: chefs.

Have you ever know a Chef NOT to be a stuck up, elitist jerk of a dick. ;)

As for limo libs... I speak for myself... :P

You know, that was my first thought too...but unless she had some contagious disease, I can't really fathom any (good) reason she wouldn't grant this kids' wish...which is where the PR person will come in! :rolleyes:

Maybe she just can't handle making the wish work? Maybe she would break down. I know I would... A young boy in our town is terminally ill... See the PPP pinned thread. I can barely keep it together when I think about the situation... Let alone have to physically be near the family. Maybe it is a wimpy liberal thing. But I would become unglued if I had to make wish work like this!

Just saying.

UNLESS... She really can't cook and she is a fraud for the show. I don't know? I do not know anything about Barefoot Contessa.

So, you really think, if the Barefoot Contessa were to grant one dying, six year old child, his wish to cook a meal with her, it might prompt a slew of copy-cat dying children to have the same, single, dying wish? Really? I would hazard to guess that most here who post on the wall don't even know who she is, let alone a pack of dying six year old children across the usa. We aren't talking about Justin Bieber or Lady Ga Ga here...

Why do I get the feeling that if the celebrity in question was say, uh, I dunno, George Clooney, Sean Penn,Tom Hanks, Susan Sarandon or somebody along those lines (you know, someone like joethesixpacks "limousine liberals") the conservative wack-pack here, would be more than okay jumping all over them? Or how about Chad Ochocino, Willis McGahee, Jay Cutler or Mike Tyson?

Funny, it got me thinking about a classic "Larry Sanders" episode about this very subject...Larry is freaked out by looking at a dying child in the eyes, so he grants a kids wish to come and spend the day on the set, but does everything he can to avoid the kid... :lol:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And not just "freaked out"... That is shallow... What happens if she turns into the "Big Boehner" and the "waterworks" won't shut off... Even I would be "keeping it real" and pull a "Weeper of the House" for this wish. Thank God the child wasn't a republican hack/teabagger and wished for the Speaker of the House... They would have had to wheel him out of the kitichen on a stretcher... a second into the wish! :devil:

Maybe she follows the same philosophy as everyone's former favorite punching bag?

“I believe the good you do for others comes back to you," he says. "But if you do something good for some person and more than two people know about it—you and the other person—then you didn't do it for the right reason.” - George Steinbrenner

But make no mistake, I'm definitely going to try that Bloody Mary recipe. :thumbsup:

Her excuse better be damn good or she is a !@#$.

I read that she was at a $100,000 a plate dinner in the hamptons. I also read that she rejected the cancer child's request twice. Two days of intense criticism- and she can't come up with a better excuse. She puts herself out there and tries to turn her name into a brand. If you are going to sell yourself out like that, you better hold up to a good standard. This is Kathy Lee Gifford despicable

I only thing I find shocking about this is that a 6 year old would want to spend time with a fat make believe TV cook.

And, the article says he first started making the request when he was three. What?!?

I know I'm going to hell for this but I think I'm headed there anyway so here goes. I think his new dream will be very easy to grant.

Unfortunately, the dolphins have turned him down, too.

And the other end of the spectrum....

WWE Superstar John Cena Grants Milestone 200th Wish with Make-A-Wish Foundation®

Cena reached the 200th wish milestone in just six years, joining NASCAR drivers Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr. and former WWE Superstar Hulk Hogan as celebrity wish granters who have fulfilled 200 wishes. Overall, World Wrestling Entertainment has granted more than 3,500 wishes with the Make-A-Wish Foundation in the past 25 years.

200 wishes in 6 years works out to about 1 wish every 11 days.

And the other end of the spectrum....

WWE Superstar John Cena Grants Milestone 200th Wish with Make-A-Wish Foundation®

Cena reached the 200th wish milestone in just six years, joining NASCAR drivers Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr. and former WWE Superstar Hulk Hogan as celebrity wish granters who have fulfilled 200 wishes. Overall, World Wrestling Entertainment has granted more than 3,500 wishes with the Make-A-Wish Foundation in the past 25 years.

200 wishes in 6 years works out to about 1 wish every 11 days.

Amazing contrast. Makes the fat cook look even worse.