"Barefoot Contessa" has no heart?

Buftex

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure its not as cut and dry as the article makes it seem....we will have to wait and see if there is a rest of the story....

You know, that was my first thought too...but unless she had some contagious disease, I can't really fathom any (good) reason she wouldn't grant this kids' wish...which is where the PR person will come in! :rolleyes:

I know I'm going to hell for this but I think I'm headed there anyway so here goes. I think his new dream will be very easy to grant.

Enzo, who asked his parents, "Why doesn't she want to meet me?" has chosen another wish, which the foundation has been able to grant -- the brave little boy is currently taking lessons to prepare for his new dream: to swim with dolphins.

I am sure its not as cut and dry as the article makes it seem....we will have to wait and see if there is a rest of the story....

You don't have to wait and see if there's a rest of the story. This kids dying of cancer. She can't spend an hour or 2 of her day to see this kid? Heartless btch

Tom you certainly are a heartless SOB...don't you know that being a 'celebrity' gets you extra hours in the day in order to fulfill every wish and demand on your time...common man, get with the program...

I wonder how many of the people bitching about the heartlessness of the decision give to every single charity that knocks at their door... <_<

Tom you certainly are a heartless SOB...don't you know that being a 'celebrity' gets you extra hours in the day in order to fulfill every wish and demand on your time...common man, get with the program...

I can almost gurantee, this lady will find the time after this story spreads...I find it hard to believe, of all 'celebrities' Ina Garten is in uber high demand...and I would bet my life, there is only one dying 6 year old making meeting her his ultimate wish...and if any kid, any person for that matter, made meeting me their ultimate wish,through the Make A Wish foundation, I would grant it, promise...Pooj, you think Ina is afraid if she grant one dying kids wish to spend an hour or two with her, other 6 year olds will jump on the gravey train?

DC Tom, making another silly argument, just for the sake of arguing...

Edited by Buftex

It's the price of celebrity.

But what if she's anonymously $100k to the cancer society and right now shes spending the next 6 months in Europe. I don't know and you don't know her true reason for not doing this. I'll wait until I hear the full story.

But what if she's anonymously $100k to the cancer society and right now shes spending the next 6 months in Europe. I don't know and you don't know her true reason for not doing this. I'll wait until I hear the full story.

Touche! Typical, you chefs all stick togehter. <_<

Edited by Buftex

DC Tom, making another silly argument, just for the sake of arguing...

No, a very cogent argument: who the hell can satisfy every single demand on their time? It's a ridiculous expectation.

You want a ridiculous argument? Try "Oh, but the poor kid has cancer!" Oh, okay...that makes things completely different than the other 30 requests she probably gets in a week to donate her time. :rolleyes:

No, a very cogent argument: who the hell can satisfy every single demand on their time? It's a ridiculous expectation.

You want a ridiculous argument? Try "Oh, but the poor kid has cancer!" Oh, okay...that makes things completely different than the other 30 requests she probably gets in a week to donate her time. :rolleyes:

You would think, wouldn't you?

Touche! Typical, you chefs all stick togehter.

No I don't go through life with knee jerk reactions. I tend to wait until I know both COMPLETE sides of the story.

Oh and BTW get it right. It's us heartless bastards that stick together. The fact that she's a chef has nothing to do with it.

No I don't go through life with knee jerk reactions. I tend to wait until I know both COMPLETE sides of the story.

Oh and BTW get it right. It's us heartless bastards that stick together. The fact that she's a chef has nothing to do with it.

Then there is that too!