A question for the experts here

CowgirlsFan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A local radio station here in the DFW area was wondering Sunday morning

how many buffalo wings are in one chicken.

2... How many arms do people have... :nana: :nana:

And no Beerball, they only have 2 wings... Like all birds do.

And sorry CowgirlsFan... You probably mean "parts" which Beerball alluded too... That would be 6. Think of it like your arm... A person has one part: Humerus. The second main part is the ulna and radius. The tip (wasted) is the hand.

I suppose that is the same with a "wing"... Humerus is the "drumstick"... Radius and ulna is the "wing" and the wasted tip is the metacarpals.

At one time, most of the time, the whole thing was just thrown away... Until the Anchor bar came along and made it popular not to.

4 assuming you separate the drumette from the wing.

6... You forgot the tip or the hand (in humans)... Most places lop that off (And throwaway, so little meat)... Except for Hooters which I think they may do now????

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

4 assuming you separate the drumette from the wing.

This is correct.

I put myself through grad school making the damned things. Conservatively, I'm indirectly responsible for the deaths of about a 200,000 chickens.

2... How many arms do people have... :nana: :nana:

And no Beerball, they only have 2 wings... Like all birds do.

And sorry CowgirlsFan... You probably mean "parts" which Beerball alluded too... That would be 6. Think of it like your arm... A person has one part: Humerus. The second main part is the ulna and radius. The tip (wasted) is the hand.

I suppose that is the same with a "wing"... Humerus is the "drumstick"... Radius and ulna is the "wing" and the wasted tip is the metacarpals.

At one time, most of the time, the whole thing was just thrown away... Until the Anchor bar came along and made it popular not to.

6... You forgot the tip or the hand (in humans)... Most places lop that off (And throwaway, so little meat)... Except for Hooters which I think they may do now????

Good info....so how many chickens are used to make a dozen to eat at your famous Danny's?

This is correct.

I put myself through grad school making the damned things. Conservatively, I'm indirectly responsible for the deaths of about a 200,000 chickens.

What about the metacarpals? That makes 6 distinct parts. I suppose only 4 usuable. Did you leave the tip on? I suppose one can eat it... Not very much meat.

Years ago, I worked with a guy who would eat the whole damn bones and all...:ph34r: :ph34r: Literally, you would look and nothing would be left!

Anyway, the same names on a human arm are also the same bone names on a bird's wing.

Good info....so how many chickens are used to make a dozen to eat at your famous Danny's?

3. :D

Anyway... This calls for "man with no arms and legs" jokes:

A man with no arms and legs and floats in the water?

Bob.

Boooooo!:D

6 chickens. Cowgirls fans aren't very good with math unless they take off their shoes and socks too. :P

Edited by Wacka

6 chickens. Cowgirls fans aren't very good with math unless they take off their shoes and socks too. :P

I guess you aren't either!!! :nana: :nana:

It is 3 chickens... 4 USED parts or "wings" to a single chicken.... Unless you want all drumsticks... Anyway... The lower wing portion or "wing" has more meat.

A wing of a bird is considered all 3 parts... The drum (humerus), wing (ulna and radius), and tip (metacarpals).

Oh, I am using the term "drumstick of a wing" for lack of a better term... They do call the upper wing the "drum" (as in leg portion also)? It kinda looks like a drumstick...

This is correct.

My stomach thanks you for your contribution to the culinary arts.

Four. They always hold a wing wrestling contest and the toughest bird wins.

The other three lose, and lose their wings in the process.

Into the deep fryer they go.

As for the winner - you wouldn't want to eat his wings anyway - too tough.

Good info....

That's not good info...never, never listen to EII. 0:)

The answer is 4. The wing tips are thrown away hence they do not become 'Buffalo Wings'.

It is 3 chickens... 4 USED parts or "wings" to a single chicken.... Unless you want all drumsticks... Anyway... The lower wing portion or "wing" has more meat.

A wing of a bird is considered all 3 parts... The drum (humerus), wing (ulna and radius), and tip (metacarpals).

Oh, I am using the term "drumstick of a wing" for lack of a better term... They do call the upper wing the "drum" (as in leg portion also)? It kinda looks like a drumstick...

drumette!

That's not good info...never, never listen to EII. 0:)

The answer is 4. The wing tips are thrown away hence they do not become 'Buffalo Wings'.

Um, the answer is 3. As in 3 times 4 (pieces per chicken) equals 12 (a dozen). ;)

Unless a dozen at "Danny's" is 16.

Um, the answer is 3. As in 3 times 4 (pieces per chicken) equals 12 (a dozen). ;)

Unless a dozen at "Danny's" is 16.

Her original ??? was how many Buffalo Wings/bird. The answer is 4.

Don't be trying to school me about no wings. :angry:

Give me a break, I was tired. :blush:

Anyway... This calls for "man with no arms and legs" jokes:

A man with no arms and legs and floats in the water?

What do you call the same guy if you put the water over a fire? Stu.

What do you call the same guy if you hang him on the wall? Art.

This is correct.

There has to be a few heart attacks in there too