A question for the experts here

CowgirlsFan

What about the metacarpals? That makes 6 distinct parts. I suppose only 4 usuable. Did you leave the tip on? I suppose one can eat it... Not very much meat.

Metacarpals are typically removed for buffalo wings - at least where I worked.

The reason I know I was indirectly responsible for 200k chickens was that we spent a slow afternoon one day figuring it out. Yes, we actually studied the chicken wing, and our first order of study was: figuring out how many wings you got from a chicken.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her original ??? was how many Buffalo Wings/bird. The answer is 4.

Don't be trying to school me about no wings. :angry:

This is the part you quoted: "Good info....so how many chickens are used to make a dozen to eat at your famous Danny's?"

Class dismissed!

This is the part you quoted: "Good info....so how many chickens are used to make a dozen to eat at your famous Danny's?"

Class dismissed!

I responded to her "good info" which was a response to EII telling her that you got 6 wings/bird. That wasn't good info...that were bupkiss info.

NOW class is dismissed.

I responded to her "good info" which was a response to EII telling her that you got 6 wings/bird.

NOW class is dismissed.

Then you should have quoted the proper text. To the rubber room with you!

This is a terminology question. All chickens have 2 wings but each chicken will produce 4 chicken wing pieces. So it takes 3 birds to make a serving of a dozen wings.

The question was pretty specific: how many buffalo wings are in one chicken?

This is a terminology question. All chickens have 2 wings but each chicken will produce 4 chicken wing pieces. So it takes 3 birds to make a serving of a dozen wings.

Then you get those places that a serving is not a dozen but 10 chicken pieces. So that would be 2.5 chickens per serving.

Then you get those places that a serving is not a dozen but 10 chicken pieces. So that would be 2.5 chickens per serving.

You have to consider, though, that roughly 40% of all chicken wings are discarded before they're fried...

:w00t:

I put myself through grad school making the damned things. Conservatively, I'm indirectly responsible for the deaths of about a 200,000 chickens.

Maybe they only amputated the wings and let the poor things live their lives. You may now rrest easier and get a good nights sleep.