Japan just got f'd

boyst

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been so very impressed by how the Japanese citizens have been dealing with this tragedy. They are strong, civil, polite, and acting as well as possible for the situation. Polar opposite of looting and lawlessness that prevailed after Katrina. Japan does not need marshall law or FEMA

I have been so very impressed by how the Japanese citizens have been dealing with this tragedy. They are strong, civil, polite, and acting as well as possible for the situation. Polar opposite of looting and lawlessness that prevailed after Katrina. Japan does not need marshall law or FEMA

I caught a little report on this on CNN and the reporter said that is definitely the culture. She said that if you lose your wallet, 99% of the time, you can find it with all the money intact, at the police station.

She said that if you lose your wallet, 99% of the time, you can find it with all the money intact, at the police station.

Yeah, while they are pretty honest the law in Japan encourages such honesty as well. I remember reading a pretty reliable reporter writing about lost property handled on their public transportation sysem. If someone hands in something of value and the owner is traced then a suitable reward, 10% of the value I think, has to be paid. There have been court cases where the 'good samaritan' has sued the owner for not paying their rightful reward.

Also there is nothing left worth looting if anyone wanted to anyway. People on the ground are more interested in finding food, heat and shelter than designer labels, the poor sods have been reduced to a very basic existance at the mo. Quite horrendous.

Japan abandons stricken nuke plant over radiation

Looks like its in god's hands now.

PTR

People have to stop to hope what can (a) [g|G]od do for them...

but they should focus on what they can do for him (if there is anyone).

In a way, you are a god of your body, do you know what is the status of each of your cells ? Do know how many of them are dying right now ? Or how many are attacked by a random virus ?

Edited by Repulsif

• 4 weeks later...