Tiki Barber...

Additionally, whats misleading about that list is it doesn't show the immensely longer list of guys who didn't play at 36 because they weren't good enough.

If you believe that list is somehow representative of 36 year old backs, you'd reacht the erroneous conclusion we should be targeting 36 years of age as the sweetspot for our RBs.

leaving your pregnant wife for some young intern...karma comes back for ya

Yeah, especially when you write a book or whatever he did about how awesome of a father and husband he was and how he'd never do what his own father did to him and his brother...or something like that....the guy is a major douche. I'm glad there is no SB ring on his finger.

leaving your pregnant wife for some young intern...karma comes back for ya

Sure does. Tiki Barber is a pile of dog ****, nothing more. I hope he get the crap pounded out of him.

If you'd like to see how RBs 36 and older do in the NFL, here's the full list:

http://pfref.com/tiny/fZaoF

Wow. I would have guessed that list was ugly, but that's an eye opener. 3 season of better than 300 yards in 90 years.

Cerainly not condoning booking on his pregnant wife, but that Traci Lynn Johnson was solid!

TLJ

I can't say she's exceptional. Obviously any of us would be happy with her but let's be straight- she's your average good looking college girl, not a beauty for the ages.

I will say he probably didn't leave for her as much as his leaving happened to intersect with her. Clearly he wasn't sticking around in that relationship if he'd ditch it like that.

I can't say she's exceptional. Obviously any of us would be happy with her but let's be straight- she's your average good looking college girl, not a beauty for the ages.

I will say he probably didn't leave for her as much as his leaving happened to intersect with her. Clearly he wasn't sticking around in that relationship if he'd ditch it like that.

If she's average at the college you went, you went to the best college in the world!

If she's average at the college you went, you went to the best college in the world!

I didnt say average but instead average good looking college girl. Walk into any sorority on your closest campus and you would easily see others as pretty or even better looking. She's clearly attractive but she's not jaw dropping. I could go to the bar around the corner from my house and she certainly wouldn't be the most attractive girl in the room. All that said- I wouldn't complain for a second if I had the chance.

I didnt say average but instead average good looking college girl. Walk into any sorority on your closest campus and you would easily see others as pretty or even better looking. She's clearly attractive but she's not jaw dropping. I could go to the bar around the corner from my house and she certainly wouldn't be the most attractive girl in the room. All that said- I wouldn't complain for a second if I had the chance.

Can I get the name of that bar around the corner from your house?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

He wasnt that great in his prime.

Publicity stunt.

Actually, he hit the hole extremely fast & was fun to watch on the gridiron, but his massive ego prevented him from being a good broadcaster & TV personality after his retirement, which more than likely is why NBC did not renew his contract. He's obnoxious, which makes him difficult to listen to. I found myself cringing when he was on. It's that same ego which prevented him from being a good teammate & a faithful husband...& now, that same ego has him convinced he can actually take a four year hiatus & be a successful RB in this league at age 36.

I thought the wife was hotter than the side piece.

Tiki Barber isn't Lights Leary. I don't think he'll make it out of training camp with a team. Four years may as well be 15 years away from the sport.

If I were him, I would have written my mea culpa, get some sort of reconciliation with the former Mrs., appeared on Oprah, and repaired my image. Ahh, ego...

Actually, he hit the hole extremely fast & was fun to watch on the gridiron, but his massive ego prevented him from being a good broadcaster & TV personality after his retirement, which more than likely is why NBC did not renew his contract. He's obnoxious, which makes him difficult to listen to. I found myself cringing when he was on. It's that same ego which prevented him from being a good teammate & a faithful husband...& now, that same ego has him convinced he can actually take a four year hiatus & be a successful RB in this league at age 36.

I found myself changing the channel when he was on.

Who wants a guy that (a) has been away from the game that long (b) is that old and © publicly questioned the leadership abilities of his team's franchise QB soon after initially retiring (and just missed out on wearing a SB ring in which that QB had a big hand in?)? I really hope he goes forward with this and ruptures his achilles tendon or disinigrates his knee on the first day of training camp. And no, I usually don't wish horrific injuries to people, but in this case I'll make an exception.

Who wants a guy that (a) has been away from the game that long (b) is that old and © publicly questioned the leadership abilities of his team's franchise QB soon after initially retiring (and just missed out on wearing a SB ring in which that QB had a big hand in?)? I really hope he goes forward with this and ruptures his achilles tendon or disinigrates his knee on the first day of training camp. And no, I usually don't wish horrific injuries to people, but in this case I'll make an exception.

I hear ya...& I like your scenario, but here's a far more appropriate finale IMHO. Only one team is interested in him...so he signs for minimal $$. Then is relegated to 3rd string & never plays a down all year, & on the final week of the season...a Sunday or Monday night game... and with the nation watching, the camera pans on him sitting all alone at the end of the bench with a glazed over look in his eye as he stares aimlessly to nowhere while his team is getting blown out for the 12th time this year. And while the camera is on him, the announcer says..."Oh...the pain of a shrinking ego." Let's just hope it's not the Bills...haha.

Washington Redskins 2011 starting backfield:

Herschel Walker

Tiki Barber