Bills announce uniform change

Peter

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or at least give us an unveiling date to look forward to. I'm bored, and sick of all the draft threads.

i was wondering how they will handle the draft if they do not unveil the uni's before it. will they hand newton, whoever, the sh-tty dark jersey?you would think they would unveil before the draft.

i was wondering how they will handle the draft if they do not unveil the uni's before it. will they hand newton, whoever, the sh-tty dark jersey?you would think they would unveil before the draft.

I can't believe they haven't unveiled the new jersey yet. F'n Obama.

They cannot do anything for "the 2012 season" until a new CBA is reached. That includes the unveiling of "the 2012 jerseys". The ticket office said that the Fan Appreciation Day will be determined once an agreement is finalized. As for the Draft, I would hope that the throwback would be what they use for Fairley or Miller or whomever.

Last time in 2003(?) they used the old jerseys at the draft since the new ones had not been revealed yet.

Last time in 2003(?) they used the old jerseys at the draft since the new ones had not been revealed yet.

That was a moronic move. If you are going to have new jerseys, what a better way to let the world see it than by handing it to your first round pick? (Especially when you are picking so high, before all the hot pocket mouth breathers have changed the channel)

That was a moronic move. If you are going to have new jerseys, what a better way to let the world see it than by handing it to your first round pick? (Especially when you are picking so high, before all the hot pocket mouth breathers have changed the channel)

It wouldn't surprise me if the uniform event were tied to a ticket sale date.

I'm not trying to start a debate over the propriety of this or any 'Ralph is cheap' talk, just that I think it's highly probable.

It wouldn't surprise me if the uniform event were tied to a ticket sale date.

I'm not trying to start a debate over the propriety of this or any 'Ralph is cheap' talk, just that I think it's highly probable.

Well if they are unveiled at fan appreciation day I assume two things, A) there will be tickets sold to said event and it will most likely be held at the ralph and B) they will probably wait for some nicer weather to arrive as we move into the spring. Just my thoughts.

They cannot do anything for "the 2012 season" until a new CBA is reached. That includes the unveiling of "the 2012 jerseys". The ticket office said that the Fan Appreciation Day will be determined once an agreement is finalized. As for the Draft, I would hope that the throwback would be what they use for Fairley or Miller or whomever.

These jerseys are for 2011 aren't they? Same logic would apply though.

I'm all for this if they keep the red helmets.

The white helmets remind me too much of the early 80s into the 2-14 years.

New Uniform?

or this?

Understand one thing ... all of you RED helmet lovers, they're going bye-bye. I have an insider who works for Reebok who told me that Buffalo was getting new uniforms for 2011, and he was surprised since 2011 is their final year with the NFL before NIKE takes over ...

I frequent 2 BILLS chat boards, and 1 neutral, and from all the posts I've read there is an overwhelming demand for a return to the white helmet.

I was informed of the change a few weeks before the official announcement was made, but didn't take it as serious as I should have. This person knows how much I like the '65 throwbacks from my postings, and came from the neutal site.

Here's what he wrote:

Well, I've got bittersweet news for you. The Bills are likely changing uniforms, but not to the 1965 version. I can't figure out if it's for next season or for 2012. I work for Reebok/adidas, and they sent us a uniform guide, which would lead me to believe that the change is coming for next season (why would they send us uniform guides for 2012 when we're no longer a licensee?).

Anyway, if you can picture this, you'll have the inside scoop: Take the O.J. Simpson-era uniform. White helmet with current logo, red/blue stripes on the helmet and pants, a pair of white stripes with red trim on the sleeves and socks, and white numerals with red trim on the jersey. Then, add minimal navy blue trim to everything (similar to how the 49ers added a small amount of black trim to everything on their previous uniform, but even less than that).

From all my readings, many BILLS fans and neutral NFL fans want the BILLS to just go back to the '65 throwback fulltime, many are okay with that but just don't want the grazing Bison logo. Expect a compromise.

There's a few areas the BILLS were very definitive about in the season ticket letter. The charging Bison logo remains, the uniform will 'incorporate' the BILLS 'storied' look, meaning either royal blue of the 90s, or the lighter colbalt blue of the '65 throwbacks. Donohoe's navy blue 2002 color was never part of Buffalo's 'storied' history.

To me the only questions remaining is ... will the facemask be gray or blue (please not white) ... will the jersey numbers go on the sleeve or shoulders (like in '65), and finally, will there be blue pants for road games 'only' ... and no more monochrome-look at home games.

White on White throwback (away)

Who was the idiot who said "it couldn't get any worse"? Well, I think our current uni's are way better than the crap that Nike is pushing. We look like Pop Warner football now...if only we could win.

I hated the change to red when they made it...and I recall Fred Smerlas had some hilarious quote about them looking like pansies in the red lids at the time.

White helmet with the charging buffalo is the best lid the team has ever worn, and I'll gladly welcome it back.

As long as our QB can see the players, I could care less...Hey Fergie, thanks for the red helmet...not

Who was the idiot who said "it couldn't get any worse"? Well, I think our current uni's are way better than the crap that Nike is pushing. We look like Pop Warner football now...if only we could win.

There's been a lot of to-do about those designs in the past several months. Let's again dispel those "rumors."

These were mock-ups ostensibly made by someone (probably a graphics intern) at Nike for their ProCombat jersey that features different kinds of cloth/materials. They are not "pushing" these designs on any team. Individual teams hold all rights to their uniform design. Nike's main/only role --- starting in 2012 --- is to transfer over teams' designs to their jersey style with team and league liaisons and then produce them en masse. Nike does not get veto power on anything. For anyone expecting big changes to every club's uniform set, they will be seriously disappointed.

those mock-ups on Creamer's site you linked are awesome UConn! I would be very, VERY happy with those, as I have always been the white/charging buffalo helmet guy.

The only think I think it really needs is the word "BILLS" at the neck of the jersey. Every other NFL team has some identifying mark on thiers somewhere, I remember getting a Moulds #80 in the throwbacks the first season and everyone wanted to know where I got the Shockey jersey...