Merriman on WGR this AM

DPR4444

Did anyone hear the Shawn Merriman interview on WGR this morning? I was driving, so I can’t provide a verbatim report, but I am sure it will be on their website soon if not already.

I found him refreshingly honest. He admitted Buffalo was not his first choice when he was cut loose from SD, but that watching the team in the second half convinced him that the team was not far from a winning team. He also said he has faith in Nix in terms of the draft and acquiring talent. (I guess you would expect him to say these things). He will be 100% ready for training camp and seemed to say that the Bills training staff found something that other teams trainers had missed regarding his Achilles.

Asked if he would play with a chip on his shoulder because of the doubts he has heard about his coming back, he stated that he always plays with a chip on his shoulder – so many chips that he should get a Doritos endorsement deal.

The most interesting thing to me was when he was asked if he would get involved with contacting other potential free agents about coming to Buffalo, and he responded to the effect that “What makes you think I haven’t already?”

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone hear the Shawn Merriman interview on WGR this morning? I was driving, so I can’t provide a verbatim report, but I am sure it will be on their website soon if not already.

I found him refreshingly honest. He admitted Buffalo was not his first choice when he was cut loose from SD, but that watching the team in the second half convinced him that the team was not far from a winning team. He also said he has faith in Nix in terms of the draft and acquiring talent. (I guess you would expect him to say these things). He will be 100% ready for training camp and seemed to say that the Bills training staff found something that other teams trainers had missed regarding his Achilles.

Asked if he would play with a chip on his shoulder because of the doubts he has heard about his coming back, he stated that he always plays with a chip on his shoulder – so many chips that he should get a Doritos endorsement deal.

The most interesting thing to me was when he was asked if he would get involved with contacting other potential free agents about coming to Buffalo, and he responded to the effect that “What makes you think I haven’t already?”

Wow - good stuff.

If he returns to form it will help us immensely.

Was I wrong in thinking that he was just serving out the remainder of the last year of his contract in Buffalo? Is he under contract for next season?

Most people thought he was gonzers after the season. But he signed a 2-year extension. Unfortunately it looks like a work stoppage/lockout may disrupt next season.

If Merriman is successful it would be a big Kudo for Nix in my mind. Nix needs to ace this offseason fo the Bills to have a prayer.

Most people thought he was gonzers after the season. But he signed a 2-year extension. Unfortunately it looks like a work stoppage/lockout may disrupt next season.

I thought I read it somewhere but I cannot remember. If there is a work stoppage, does the year still count toward the contract?

Since Merriman thinks we're going to be good next season, does he need to "just STFU and concentrate on his job"?

He's not allowed to give an interview? "does he need to "just STFU and concentrate on his job" That is ignorant.

Since Merriman thinks we're going to be good next season, does he need to "just STFU and concentrate on his job"?

No he's still the fan favorite. Your logic only applies to former No. 1 draft choices.

I keep thinkin', if the Bills are a stock now is the time to buy. Buy low! They are on the upswing and Merriman is definitely gonna help, not only the defense but making this a more attractive place for free agents to investigate.

sar·chasm ('sär-"ka-z&m) : The giant gulf (chasm) between what is said and the person who doesn't get it.

He's not allowed to give an interview? "does he need to "just STFU and concentrate on his job" That is ignorant.

Jesus Beavis, lighten up. We're talking some football here. What's wrong with that? I want to hear what he as to say. Fans are funny that way.

Check out the CJ Spiller thread. :P