Marcel Dareus

BeastMode54

He's surprisingly agile and quick for a man of his size. Incredibly strong. I see him as being the 2nd best defensive player in this draft. If you get a chance, watch some video from Alabama's bowl game. He was completely DOMINANT in every aspect of the defensive game.

Completely agree. Love me some Marcel.

If we're going DL at #3, this will most likely be our pick (assuming Fairley and Bowers are gone). I'd prefer picking Dareus even if Bowers is still on the board. Kid can play every position on the line, and that will definitely be helpful while running the hybrid. Plus, the idea of Dareus and Williams, both being so versatile, being able to shift and move along the line and confuse QBs with different looks... well, it gets me all excited in my happy places!

If we're going DL at #3, this will most likely be our pick (assuming Fairley and Bowers are gone). I'd prefer picking Dareus even if Bowers is still on the board. Kid can play every position on the line, and that will definitely be helpful while running the hybrid. Plus, the idea of Dareus and Williams, both being so versatile, being able to shift and move along the line and confuse QBs with different looks... well, it gets me all excited in my happy places!

I also believe Dareus is a much better fit for our D than Bowers who is a 4-3 DE.

I also believe Dareus is a much better fit for our D than Bowers who is a 4-3 DE.

Yeah, Im not big on "drafting for scheme" as I feel you should take the biggest, meanest, best DL available and put them on the field and let them make plays at the line (or in the backfield). BUT, the best part about Dareus is that, drafting for scheme or not, he fits whatever you need him to do. And with his versatility, and the versatility that Williams showed this year, we could be giving OLines FITS over who to block where!!

Im getting visions of Darius, Williams, Carrington with Trouble subbing in and getting all happy....

NOBODY is pushing that defensive line around

Im getting visions of Darius, Williams, Carrington with Trouble subbing in and getting all happy....

NOBODY is pushing that defensive line around

Agreed, and it doesnt matter if we are in a 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, whatever. Get those dogs on the field and say "Sick 'Em" and let them work!!

That being said, get ready for Newton to be our pick at #3...

Edited by DrDankenstein

This is my pick for #3.. I love this kid and if we go defense we need Marcel Dareus. A man child that will play immediately. Thought he would of been a top 5 pick last year. Sign him up!

He is a man child? Splendid.....

As a Bama fan, I've seen everyone of his games, and I would consider him top 15 material, but not top 3 material. Comparing him to the likes of Glenn Dorsey and Suh in college, it isn't even close. To Marcell's credit, he has been hobbled by an ankle in jury all season and missed the first 2 games (suspension), but played outstanding in the bowl game. This is also the first year he has been a full time starter, so I don't know if Chan wants him since he's not big on one year wonders (which would also rule out Fairly).

The Bills need to trade down, plain and simple.

I don't know if Chan wants him since he's not big on one year wonders (which would also rule out Fairly).

The Bills need to trade down, plain and simple.

And Cam Newton :thumbsup:

I disagree on your other point though. Take the best player that's not a DB or RB. We need dominant players, not more so so guys that can develop in 2 to 3 years.

This guy is going to be drafted 3rd overall by the Buffalo Bills. And it would actually be a excellent selection. Fairley is going 1st overall and Bowers is likely going 2nd overall. But thats a good thing.

Dareus is far from a one year wounder as he played well in his sophomore year as he was the 3rd down NT for Terrance Cody, then played well his junior year with 6.5 sacks and 9 tackles for a loss, and in his senior year (Missing 2 games due NCAA bs rules), he started 11 games and registered 11 tackles for a loss and 4.5 sacks. The played all positions in a 3-4 D-line and played well over a long period of time. Oh yeah and he was the MVP of last years title game.

Assuming all goes well he should be there at pick 3 in fact if I had the 1st overall I would take him over Fairley who to me doesn't have as complete a resume and Bowers who might not fit our scheme.

i've seen him mentioned many times here and seen him play only once. My question to any of you who have seen him play is, can he play 3-4 end? I think that will be one of the biggest questions regarding players we look to draft for the line

Is anyone even sure we're running a 3-4 next year? If we've brought in Dave W for an interview/other, and from what I understand he's a 4-3 guy, I'm not so sure. I wonder if Chan/Buddy even know for sure.

Is anyone even sure we're running a 3-4 next year? If we've brought in Dave W for an interview/other, and from what I understand he's a 4-3 guy, I'm not so sure. I wonder if Chan/Buddy even know for sure.

In Chan's interviews since the season has ended, he has made it seem like we will see at least as much 4-3 as 3-4.