Bills with second toughest schedule in 2011

Beerball

Every stinking year! Either its planned this way or we are that unlucky. I bet playing the Pats and Jets/Fish (one of them always seem to be in the playoffs but never both) has something to do with it but why the hell cant we play the NFC West? My guess is its planned.

But I guess its ok, we are gonna stink next year anyways so if we are gonna lose we might as well be good at it. Maybe a few more drafts and we can actually field a talented team. One can only hope….. :-(

Every stinking year! Either its planned this way or we are that unlucky. I bet playing the Pats and Jets/Fish (one of them always seem to be in the playoffs but never both) has something to do with it but why the hell cant we play the NFC West? My guess is its planned.

But I guess its ok, we are gonna stink next year anyways so if we are gonna lose we might as well be good at it. Maybe a few more drafts and we can actually field a talented team. One can only hope….. :-(

Are you serious? Are you the guy at the Sabres games that tells your son that the refs are out to get the Sabres?

We have four games against the Patriots and the Jets, which combines for 50-14. The other 12 games' opponents' are WELL below .500.

What is wrong with that picture of Matt Cassell? What is wrong with his head?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Every stinking year! Either its planned this way or we are that unlucky.

Yeah every year that the Bills stink the year before. It has nothing to do with luck; it's a nonsense calculation. Miami plays the same schedule other than they play the tougher teams in each of the AFC divisions. However, because they play a 4-12 Bills team and we play a 7-9 Dolphins team (twice), ours is deemed harder.

You can't include the team's own records if you are comparing them head to head.

Regardless of what the new CBA decides, I doubt there will be an 18 game schedule in 2011. Earliest would likely be 2012 starting,

id imagine even later then that -- superbowl dates are contracted pretty far out, unless they plan on starting the season mid august-- adding the 2 games i think also adds a bye week. does the season now start the second week of august? i think they split it and run a little early and a little late but there are probably lots of things im not thinking of (bowl season etc....)

Are you serious? Are you the guy at the Sabres games that tells your son that the refs are out to get the Sabres?

We have four games against the Patriots and the Jets, which combines for 50-14. The other 12 games' opponents' are WELL below .500.

What is wrong with that picture of Matt Cassell? What is wrong with his head?

Imagine if the Indianapolis Colts were still in the AFC East with the Bills over the last decade?

Bills played NFC West in 2008, therefore won't play them again until 2012.

Exactly. With two strong teams in the AFCE the Bills will always have a hard schedule.

That's 25% of their games right there.

But don't spoil the moment with logic, the world is out to get the Bills :)

I'd almost like to see the Bills and Ravens swap divisions. I think a Steelers/Bills/Browns rivalry would be friggin sweet.

honestly, these days the NE - Balt- NYJ -- MIA lineup would make some headlines too. no love between any of those teams, all have a recent history.

I'd almost like to see the Bills and Ravens swap divisions. I think a Steelers/Bills/Browns rivalry would be friggin sweet.

You might be onto something here. As much as I love beating the Dolphins, Pats and Jets, though that doesn't happen as often as we all would like, the Bills playing the Brown and Steelers yearly would generate a rivalry faster than any other division tinkering the NFL could come up with. They could keep either the Bungles or Ravens in the Division and move the other with the East teams and it would appear on the surface to be a seemless transition. The Ravens appear to be the logical one to move out but I wouldn't care, as long as the geographic rivalry was established.

Your guess would be correct. It is, in fact, planned. We played the NFC West in 2004 and consequently almost made the playoffs but choked at home against Pittsburgh's backups. Then we played against the NFC West in 2008 but blew a 4-0 start that included easy wins against Seattle and St. Louis. We will play the NFC West once more in 2012 but will probably blow that one as well. Why? Mostly because we finish anywhere from 0-6 to 2-4 in our division every year. It's hard to make the playoffs when you expect to start the season with an already assumed average of 5 losses.

No conspiracy. Just plain old incompetence.

You don't know how tough the schedule really is till you play it. Certain teams you think will be good will suck and certain teams you think will suck will be good. Don't worry about the schedule just hope the Bills have a good draft and can make some smart mid level free agent moves they will have improved themselves and that's what you really look for.

Worry about how the Bills will improve themselves rather then who they will play.

I agree. I think the fire has gone out on the Bills divisional rivalries anyway and Baltimore certainly belongs in an east coast division more then Buffalo; a rust belt division would be fun.

The primary reason we are at #2 and the Patriots are at # 15 is that we stink. And they're good. Math.

From the article, the record of our opponents this year (Patriots, Dolphins and Jets are counted twice since we played them twice.)

137-119-0

which equals a .535 winning percentage

Record of Patriots opponents:

129-127-0

which equals a .504 winning percentage

Now take the Patriots and Bills off of each others schedules and you have:

Bills opponents record: 109 - 115

which equals a winning percentage of .486

Patriots opponents record 121 - 103

which equals a winning percentage of .540