Okay Mallet, make me a believer

Virgil

Many people on here are fans and I hear many great things about his arm. However, I also hear the guy likes to throw a lot of interceptions when under pressure. And since we know he won't get any pressure in Buffalo, I have no concerns at all about that :unsure:

But in all seriousness. I don't think we will get Luck, if only because good things like that don't happen to the Bills and we have an owner who won't pull the trigger on the necessary steps to get him.

With that, I'd be down for a trade back and using a later first on Mallet, if he is what people think he is. I'm going to watch this game as open minded as possible.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, I'm fairly impressed. Def like him over Locker and Newton. Just two drives, but dude is huge has an absolute cannon. Accuracy has been strong too.

Looking forward to watching more.

Can he run the ball at all?

Holy ****, just threw a great td while I typed this. Dude is playing out of his mind right now. And those are all throws that are NFL throws

So far, I'm fairly impressed. Def like him over Locker and Newton. Just two drives, but dude is huge has an absolute cannon. Accuracy has been strong too.

Looking forward to watching more.

Can he run the ball at all?

Holy ****, just threw a great td while I typed this. Dude is playing out of his mind right now. And those are all throws that are NFL throws

He wont be scampering for first downs on 3rd and long. But he can move around, he slides well, and is good and running just enough for someone to get open. Kinda like Big Ben or Jim Kelly (in the mobility dept only).

Dude has been doing this for a few years against the very best competition in the nation. He's got IT. He's gonna be a very good NFL QB. No doubt he will get drafted in the #3 - #10 slot in round 1 (assuming he and Luck both come out).

Dude has been doing this for a few years against the very best competition in the nation. He's got IT. He's gonna be a very good NFL QB. No doubt he will get drafted in the #3 - #10 slot in round 1 (assuming he and Luck both come out).

There are concerns regarding his work ethic and rumors swirling around that Mallett absolutely hates watching game film

There are concerns regarding his work ethic and rumors swirling around that Mallett absolutely hates watching game film

Any idea the source of the rumors? I don't put much stock in unfounded stuff, but would hate to draft Billy Jo Hobart at #3.

Any idea the source of the rumors? I don't put much stock in unfounded stuff, but would hate to draft Billy Jo Hobart at #3.

That came from an NFL scout I believe. Not exactly sure where I read this but know that I did. The rumor is obviously not confirmed. But the fact, that a rumor like that exists, is still off putting.

Edited by Bangarang

It's funny, I'm watching him on the sidelines and looked up some videos of him and can't help but thinking that he looks like a cocky little ****. I'm curious to watch some interviews and get some personality insight on him.

I don't want this dude screaming at his teammates on an interview halfway through the season... :blush:

With that, I'd be down for a trade back and using a later first on Mallet, if he is what people think he is. I'm going to watch this game as open minded as possible.

Kinda looks as though Mallet is getting hammered

Perhaps he'll be able to claw his way back into it if he nails his throws in the second half

Can they pound it in on the ground?

:bag:

I like the fact that he is huge and has a cannon for an arm. Not sure about all the crap rumors out there. He really reminds me alot of Big Ben. I like him so far. I like Hayward alot too. He's looked really beefy so far.

I like the fact that he is huge and has a cannon for an arm. Not sure about all the crap rumors out there. He really reminds me alot of Big Ben. I like him so far. I like Hayward alot too. He's looked really beefy so far.

His demeanor for the rest of the game will tell a lot. This next 30 minutes of football will have a huge impact on his immediate future.

His demeanor for the rest of the game will tell a lot. This next 30 minutes of football will have a huge impact on his immediate future.

My friend, Mallett doesn't win big games. He starts off looking strong in the first quarter, maybe first half, and then he craps the bed. There is no mystery about this kid.

that was a nice 4th and 15 completion

and another drop.......

These receivers are putting the nails in their coffin....if they don't put up points now, they're dead in the water come the 2ndhalf.

My friend, Mallett doesn't win big games. He starts off looking strong in the first quarter, maybe first half, and then he craps the bed. There is no mystery about this kid.

I know you don't look 'kindly' upon him...that's why the 2nd half is so important to him. He's had a couple TDs dropped, his team is behind, he's being harrassed on every throw and his frustration is showing. To make a believer out of skeptics like you or to even change your mind a little he has to pull his chit together and win or lose he has to play very very well and be under control.

Me? I haven't seen him often this year, only one other time. I saw him in 4-5 games last season and I thought his improvement from early to late was tremendous. I hoped he'd make similar jumps this year but he's more or less the same from what I remember.

I wouldn't vomit if they picked him at 3, but...I would be queasy (in the second round I'd be ticked if they passed on him). I see Luck as being as 'can't miss' as you'll see but our chances of getting him are 1:1,000,000. Let's get the best defender possible.

Maybe Mallet is that good, because the rest of this team stinks and somehow they are in the top ten.

That's what makes this soooooo tough. He's had drops, penalties and their defense can't stop OSU.

Like I said...I'd be queasy with taking him at 3 but the rewards could be quite huge.

I know you don't look 'kindly' upon him...that's why the 2nd half is so important to him. He's had a couple TDs dropped, his team is behind, he's being harrassed on every throw and his frustration is showing. To make a believer out of skeptics like you or to even change your mind a little he has to pull his chit together and win or lose he has to play very very well and be under control.

Me? I haven't seen him often this year, only one other time. I saw him in 4-5 games last season and I thought his improvement from early to late was tremendous. I hoped he'd make similar jumps this year but he's more or less the same from what I remember.

I wouldn't vomit if they picked him at 3, but...I would be queasy (in the second round I'd be ticked if they passed on him). I see Luck as being as 'can't miss' as you'll see but our chances of getting him are 1:1,000,000. Let's get the best defender possible.

You know, as silly as this sounds, I'm COMPLETELY with you on the 2nd round thing. This is the type of kid I'd LOVE to have with any pick other than our first. I still think he'll be crap, but at least that way we're not invested into the kid to where we can't get rid of him. But God forbid Chan, Modrak and Nix use our frickin shiny new first round pick on him, I'm seriously going to bash my head into a wall.

And I totally agree with you about the 2nd half. This is his shot! His receivers have truly screwed him so far, but I just don't think it's going to matter. He's already mirroring his performance in last years bowl game, particularly on 3rd down conversions. The guy makes a REAL pretty throw from time to time to keep us all good and teased, but don't fall for it...he's not the real deal, IMO.