Okay Mallet, make me a believer

Virgil

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:worthy::worthy:

LOL!!! Bout time I was right about something lol...

It goes without saying...but I'll pass on Mr. Mallett :thumbdown:

He should stay in school.

I love the arm. I'm not sure about the player, and we didn't cut JP because of a lack of arm strength. Dig deep Buddy and be sure if you take him.

I still can't believe that they didn't return the block for the game winning touchdown though...it's 4th down, even if you kick it around and they recover you still get the ball...can't teach football instincts, but that was almost as bad as the Stanford lineman who caught the deflected ball in the endzone for the safety. :wallbash:

Not clutch and no ability to create when the pocket breaks down. Mallett would need 5 pro-bowlers on the offensive line to be a great NFL QB.

I will say this, though. That is quite an arm on him and he has improved his accuracy this year. He could still throw with better touch. Some of those drops were 10 yard-passes with too much zip.

Christ it's difficult to judge when the guy has had no time to throw and SO many drops.

I agree with the Bledsoe comparison tho. Footwork sliding around in the pocket is a bit stiff.

it really is rough -- i hate that he threw that late pick but he played a game that should have kept him out of that spot. if half the drops were catches they wouldve been up 10. when you cant trust your WR or your line, its hard to be a real leader or clutch player. now the debate is how much good is him and how much is petrino? how much bad is him and how much is his cast?

I love the arm. I'm not sure about the player, and we didn't cut JP because of a lack of arm strength. Dig deep Buddy and be sure if you take him.

I still can't believe that they didn't return the block for the game winning touchdown though...it's 4th down, even if you kick it around and they recover you still get the ball...can't teach football instincts, but that was almost as bad as the Stanford lineman who caught the deflected ball in the endzone for the safety. :wallbash:

Yeah, coulda woulda shoulda. The Hogs did get all the breaks in the second half and still came up short.

Ok, I'm sitting firmly on the "fix the front 7" stance.

Yep same here; this team isn't going anywhere if they can't stop the run and apply some semblance of pressure on the QB.

In fact this D-line brings back memories of the stiffs the Bills had pre Bruce Smith

Find us a 6'7" QB that's been a starting stud and not just a clipboard holder then?

could this be a product of a starting stud being a one in a million prospect, and there are A LOT more guys that are 6-3 then there are 6-7

couple that with the natural funneling of guys that tall to other positions, or more often other sports (basketball anyone?) and the odds are naturally very slim to find a 6-7 qb regardless of the physical challenges.

Find us a 6'7" QB that's been a starting stud and not just a clipboard holder then?

Please. Mallett's height is way, way down the list of concerns about him. One extra inch of height is inconsequential. The reason why there aren't many 6'7" successful qbs is because there aren't many 6'7"+ guys walking around period.

It's a bad argument you're making. Live with it.