Steve Johnson Complaint/Snarky response thread

Since 1972

No offense (really), but learning experiences are for college. He's a pro, and it's not his first year. He's getting paid to make that catch, and all the other one's he dropped or tipped into the hands of defenders. It's one thing to be ineffective (i.e. - Maybin, McCargo on the bench every week), but Stevie cost the Bills a win. Good teams make those plays and win. Bad teams call them learning experiences and draft in the top ten for a decade.

+ 1

I'm sick of all the "look at me being a clown" nonsense also.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh...whatever.

Stevie dropped the damned ball. Had a rough game. It happens.

Call it a learning experience, lets see him stand tall with his teammates and the media and learn something from this.

If so, this loss wont be a waste.

It happens? I dont pay game prices for "it happens." He is paid to " CATCH THE BALL!" Plain and simple. He "F"-up and he should hear about it loud and clear!

Guess what: When one guy singlehandedly loses a game, fans get mad. No one is asking for him to be cut. No one is giving up on him. But he's the goat. That's all there is to it. You can asy they lost as a team but they didn't. He dropped the big pass in OT and another at the 2 that lead to the INT. Both could have won the game. Oh, and 5 other drops too. People are mad. At him. There is nothing wrong with it. He earned it.

+1

The moral victory thing, of course, is a joke. But being a Bills fan and losing these close games in horrendous and improbable fashion is just hard to swallow. I mean, what team has a drop like SJ had today? I could have made that catch with one hand; seriously. Or the series of crazy fumbles? The miraculous pick by Polamalu? These are so flukey, yet a regular occurrence by the Bills.

We need to resurrect the thread that lists each miserable loss this team and its fan base has endured going back to the late nineties. This one surely goes down among some of the all time kick in the groin losses.

Yes all PLayoff teams !

Right. And if you can't beat playoff caliber teams, then you are certainly not one. Expecting players to make routine plays to win close games is the difference between winners and losers. SJ's drop was a routine catch. The goaline INT hit him in the hands. These plays need to be made. McKelvin tripped over his own man on a potential game winning return. Then he got careless when he could have made a big play (not a home run) to set up a win, but fumbled trying to do too much. This team doesn't need to "learn how to win". Just MAKING the plays that are there would have done it.

It happens? I dont pay game prices for "it happens." He is paid to " CATCH THE BALL!" Plain and simple. He "F"-up and he should hear about it loud and clear!

Also, what is he gonna learn from that drop? That he shouldn't drop the ball in the endzone for a game winning TD? Hell, he should already know that! Stupid Comment! Just plain STUPID!

Oh my god. The kid had harmless fun playing a kid's game. Cut him now. What an @hole.

I'm sure your tailgate parties are a real blast. :lol:

When did this become a kids game? Actually it's very SERIOUS game with lots of money involved (like Steve's pay check). I have kids, none of their games involve money.

This was just another brutal loss. All due respect to SJ coming of age...but I'm sorry. You have to make that catch. That is what separates good receivers from average receivers and good teams from average teams. He choked. He's got to live with it. He's not the only reason we lost this game but g'dammit, make the damn catch.

Stevie had a bad game. A VERY bad game. Happens from time to time. No reason to act like a bunch of cry baby punks. Last week everybody wanted to love him. Now you all act like he's the worst player ever or was hot dogging which he wasn't. We'll see how he responds next week in Minnesota. We'll see how the entire team responds. Chances are they will be in another tough game with a chance to win. They are getting better. That's a good thing. Stevie will come back strong too.

When did this become a kids game? Actually it's very SERIOUS game with lots of money involved (like Steve's pay check). I have kids, none of their games involve money.

Does his paycheck come out of your bank account? LoL. Come on dude. He had a bad game. Leave it at that.

This was just another brutal loss. All due respect to SJ coming of age...but I'm sorry. You have to make that catch. That is what separates good receivers from average receivers and good teams from average teams. He choked. He's got to live with it. He's not the only reason we lost this game but g'dammit, make the damn catch.

Agree 100%. All he can do is bounce back and make it up next game. That's part of being a great receiver too. He isn't the first player to drop a touchdown.

It's not how many times you fall but rather how many times you get up. If Steve Johnson is really becoming a big time receiver, he has a monster bounce back game.

Ah, it seems like just yesterday the board was basking in Stevie's clever TD celebration and his weeklong triumphant tour of the media.

No it's all "he needs to get serious" and "his mind's not in the game".

This place is like watching school of fish in shifting currents.

Why so sloppy?

Indeed. "Stevie" should be spending a little less time on fancy haircuts and t-shirts, and more time on focusing on what he has to do on the football field. Hopefully he learned a big lesson today and it makes him a better wide receiver.

It bothers me that he is starting to behave like a "Look at ME!" guy, instead of a "Look at US!" guy.

What a bunch of overreacting whiny pansy asses we have as fans. He made a huge drop, no doubt about it, it still hurts, but the kid has been sensational this year and has brought lots of joy on the offensive end of our team that we haven't seen in YEARS!

You guys are too much :bag:

Stevie had a bad game. A VERY bad game. Happens from time to time. No reason to act like a bunch of cry baby punks. Last week everybody wanted to love him. Now you all act like he's the worst player ever or was hot dogging which he wasn't. We'll see how he responds next week in Minnesota. We'll see how the entire team responds. Chances are they will be in another tough game with a chance to win. They are getting better. That's a good thing. Stevie will come back strong too.

Does his paycheck come out of your bank account? LoL. Come on dude. He had a bad game. Leave it at that.

Seriously, it was one bad game. Time to get over it and move on. Not like we were playing for a playoff spot. But sure some of these posters want to act like we are, and run someone out of town. Look out, better not make any mistakes ever if you're playing for the Bills. Otherwise twobillsdrive will revolt and say how terrible, immature, etc you are.... and run you out of town.