Tasker

ALLEN1QB

Am I the only one that can't stand it when Tasker is announcing a Bills game? I don't know if he is trying so hard not to sound bias towards Buffalo or he holds a grudge for something. The guy finds it so hard to say anything positive about the team or give them credit for something. Meybe its just me lol.

Of course Steve is a Bills fan, and he can be as irritated as any of us watching this team. Why should any of us be satisfied with a 2-8 record. Yes, we're improving, but lets not kid ourselves here, we have a ways to go.

Am I the only one that can't stand it when Tasker is announcing a Bills game? I don't know if he is trying so hard not to sound bias towards Buffalo or he holds a grudge for something. The guy finds it so hard to say anything positive about the team or give them credit for something. Meybe its just me lol.

Its just you, I find it the opposite, I was thinking that he was constantly trying to say good things, not that it bothers me cuz Im a bills fan, but there is nothing I hate more than listening to a fan of the other team call a game, like watching troy call a dallas game, it is just annoying.

Gus Johnson & Tasker are the best team IMO too!

Solomon Wilcox, Dan Dierdork & Steve Beurlein are the worst. You can add Troy Aikman and Joe Buck to that list.

Disagree. He's easily the best analyst on TV right now. He knows what he's talking about and he doesn't even sound arrogant about it.

As for Gus Johnson, I like his enthusiasm. Maybe a bit over the top at times, but I'd rather hear that than a stiff like Buck.

I think the OP's criticism was valid 2 or 3 years ago, but Tasker has improved, greatly in this regards, IMO. Let's face it, he does a lot of Bills games...that being said, while I used to hate hearing him, I find him tolerable now. I have heard him on the radio, talk about this very issue...saying he has to work on it...seems to me, he has taken care of it.

Solomon Wilcox, Dan Dierdork & Steve Beurlein are the worst. You can add Troy Aikman and Joe Buck to that list.

I think Dierdorf is excellent. Since he went to that afternoon games, and was removed from prim-time, he has improved dramatically. Guy knows his stuff...

haha please someone else tell me they heard him refer to cinci as "the queen city"........... i was like ??????????????? isn't that buffalo.

Some sources report that it was the city’s proud citizens themselves who first proclaimed their magnificent home “The Queen City” or the “Queen of the West.” Long before marketing slogans and organized chambers of commerce, the residents themselves decided their grand and glorious city was regal. By 1826, co-authors Benjamin Drake and Edward Mansfield referred to city as the “Queen of the West” in their book, Cincinnati. Then in 1854, poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow penned "Catawba Wine," which memorialized Cincinnati’s vineyards. In the last stanza of his poem, he refers to Cincinnati as the “Queen of the West.”

In the years following, the Queen City was given many other monikers. As Cincinnati became famous as a pork packing center in the mid 1800s, it was often called “Porkopolis.” It had surpassed both Dublin and Belfast as the world’s primary pork packing centers and was chief supplier of salt pork to the British Navy. During the same time period, residents still boasting their pride also referred to their Queen City as “the London of America.” When music, arts, a university and professional baseball entered the city’s complexion in the 1870s, the Queen City was also known as “the Paris of America.”

Found info here

Tasker used to, as early as this preseason, homer it up to the point I could not listen to him.

I have to say though that this past game I found him to be very fair to both teams.

If he thought it was a penalty for example, he said so. If one was called he didn't agree with, he also said so. No matter which team it was.

I thought that maybe for the first time ever, he did a very professional job.

Tasker usually bother's me because I think he overcompensates in an effort to sound objective. Yesterday, and this season in general I think he has done a much better job of providing a balanced approach. In fact yesterday, he may have bordered on partial to the Bills. Maybe that was just because they are actually playing better.

My son and I both get a kick out of the excitable Gus Johnson. :thumbsup:

Just listening to his "Oooomph" on Coleman's hit on the kick-off return was great!!

Some sources report that it was the city’s proud citizens themselves who first proclaimed their magnificent home “The Queen City” or the “Queen of the West.” Long before marketing slogans and organized chambers of commerce, the residents themselves decided their grand and glorious city was regal. By 1826, co-authors Benjamin Drake and Edward Mansfield referred to city as the “Queen of the West” in their book, Cincinnati. Then in 1854, poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow penned "Catawba Wine," which memorialized Cincinnati’s vineyards. In the last stanza of his poem, he refers to Cincinnati as the “Queen of the West.”

In the years following, the Queen City was given many other monikers. As Cincinnati became famous as a pork packing center in the mid 1800s, it was often called “Porkopolis.” It had surpassed both Dublin and Belfast as the world’s primary pork packing centers and was chief supplier of salt pork to the British Navy. During the same time period, residents still boasting their pride also referred to their Queen City as “the London of America.” When music, arts, a university and professional baseball entered the city’s complexion in the 1870s, the Queen City was also known as “the Paris of America.”

Found info here

you learn something new everyday. thanks

You may not be the only one...But I'm pretty sure you'll be in the minority around here...

Personally I LOVE Gus and Steve...Gus Johnson is a mad man... B-)

I love it when Solomon Wilcots announces a Beeowws game.

haha please someone else tell me they heard him refer to cinci as "the queen city"........... i was like ??????????????? isn't that buffalo.

I know of three "Queen" cities without even looking it up. Buffalo, Cinci, Charlotte.

Oh, and San Francisco.

Steve had the best analysis all game long when he simply stated that the Bengals have MTV and star driven magazine cover athletes, but the Bills have nothing but nondiscript athletes, and essentially Buffalo has a "TEAM" and that is the difference between these two franchises, this year! In my mind, this is Chan Gailey's biggest achievement overall, because when he does have the talent available, he will NOT lose the ability to have them function as a TEAM!! GO BILLS!! That, my friends, is Coaching 101.

Edited by Bflojohn

Gus Johnson is awesome. If you are a fan, do a youtube search for "Rise and Fire" sometimes to see some compilations of Gus's greatest hits.

Let's not forget he's a college basketball legend.

Steve is just "OK". He's a lot better than when he first started, but still is not my favorite.

Funny how people can listen to the announcers and get a totally different vibe. I thought Tasker was slanted a bit towards the Bills yesterday. He agreed with nearly every call against Cinci, disagreed with some of the calls against Buffalo....continuously ripped on Palmer ignoring Ochocinco and some of their play calling.... He was kind of pumping up the Bills whenever he got a chance. I thought Tasker was very fair and did a good job.

I can't stand listening to Tasker. What the hell was he trying to say about "being smoothe as water". The only guy worse than Tasker is Joe Theisman.

LOL. I heard the quote as well and wondered WTF? He was referring to Fred Jackson and called him "smooth as pouring water into a glass." Umm, ok Steve.

Edited by eball

LOL. I heard the quote as well and wondered WTF? He was referring to Fred Jackson and called him "smooth as pouring water into a glass." Umm, ok Steve.

My wife turned to me and said "he must have been working on that line all week." :D

I LOVE Gus and Steve. Best announcing duo on TV. Gus' calls make the game more exciting. I used to hate when Pat Summerall was calling MNF and someone scored. I've heard people sound more excited at a funeral.

I LOVE Gus and Steve. Best announcing duo on TV. Gus' calls make the game more exciting. I used to hate when Pat Summerall was calling MNF and someone scored. I've heard people sound more excited at a funeral.

I guess I slept through that. When did Pat Summerall call MNF games?

Found info here

I believe that Buffalo was refered to as the "Queen City of the Great Lakes".

You're not alone.

Sorry, I meant CBS back when he was paired with Madden.

Summerall was really good at one time, but, I agree, toward the end of his time with Madden, he had a narcoleptic affect on game viewing. I think that was when it also became popular to bash Madden. IMO, Madden was talking more, just to keep everyone, including himself, awake.