The great Lot 1 Cluster$#*@

JÂy RÛßeÒ

So the past 3 weeks, the Bills have been saying that starting yesterday, to park in Lot 1 (ie Kenny's lot) you would need to pre-purchase a pass.

Well apparently they only sold between 200-300 of 'em and the lot was half empty at 11 AM. So they opened it up to everyone again, and up until 12:30 there was a steady stream of traffic which made tailgating very difficult.

We harrassed every car that came through, and also the parking attendants. I did hear one guy talking into his walkie-talkie saying "This is a !@#$ing public relations nightmare".

I'll be interested to hear how they try to save face on this one.

:thumbdown: Front Office!

I saw them ("them" being league officials of some sort) make someone take down a multi-chambered beer funnel that they had hanging on the back of their van. Not sure what that accomplished other than to satisfy some pedantic !@#$s notion of what might constitute offensive behavior or something.

And in another display of the No Fun League, they had actual cops going up & down the aisles telling people to sit down. Not ushers mind you, but cops. <_<

Well, considering the reputation that Bills fans are getting, this isn't too surprising. Maybe over the top, but it's not surprising that in-stadium security is being scrutinized.

My wife's co-worker (Jacksonville fan, believe it or not) went to the Jags game in October with his wife...just the two of them, I believe. They got harassed so much before and during the game, his wife didn't feel safe.

I stood the entire second half yesterday. No one said a word to me. Our section tends to stand a lot anyway so no one would complain. I really wanna rush the field someday like the old days. I think a victory over the Pats on Dec. 26th might warrant that. I wonder... if a few people go over the wall will that open the flood gates for everyone else? we'll see.

I stood the entire second half yesterday. No one said a word to me. Our section tends to stand a lot anyway so no one would complain. I really wanna rush the field someday like the old days. I think a victory over the Pats on Dec. 26th might warrant that. I wonder... if a few people go over the wall will that open the flood gates for everyone else? we'll see.

I doubt the flood gates would open..... i would love to see that too.... but the old days are gone, people are different, society is different..... Odds are a lot of people would get to witness a very few people getting tasered

Did you see the one guy make a dash during halftime? Over the wall, waddled to the 50 yard line and did an intentional swan dive. Then he waited for the cops to get to him and haul him away.

So the past 3 weeks, the Bills have been saying that starting yesterday, to park in Lot 1 (ie Kenny's lot) you would need to pre-purchase a pass.

Well apparently they only sold between 200-300 of 'em and the lot was half empty at 11 AM. So they opened it up to everyone again, and up until 12:30 there was a steady stream of traffic which made tailgating very difficult.

We harrassed every car that came through, and also the parking attendants. I did hear one guy talking into his walkie-talkie saying "This is a !@#$ing public relations nightmare".

I would guess that you will be getting a letter from the Bills Thanking You for your support of the pre-purchase parking pass program.

Will you be on WGR 550 today? I'm sure they would love to rub it in the Bills face about your (200-300) "enjoyable experience" Sunday.

On a side not Hammer's Lot once again had no problems. I even met TBD poster Chris in the lot.

The answer is stop parking in official Bills lots. Park in a private lot and be free to party as you wish. It's also cheaper and easier to leave after games.

PTR

Bingo. If you plan on truly partying before the Bills game, the answer has always been to go to a private lot. A quick rundown why it's better:

- Save at least $5 (Sometimes as much as $15).

- Drink all the liquor and beer you want without hassle.

- Smoke all the weed and use other drugs without looking over your shoulder.

- Easier in-and-out.

- Better traffic control.

Only noobs, busses, old people and RV owners park in the stadium lots.

Bingo. If you plan on truly partying before the Bills game, the answer has always been to go to a private lot. A quick rundown why it's better:

- Easier in-and-out.

And it's these same jack-asses that dont know how to act right that FORCE the league and team to crack down on the excessive partying/drinking/drugging before and at the games.

Im all for having a good time, but there are too many people taking it too far where/when it's not appropriate.

When the League tries to slow down the fans from getting so drunk they cant make it out of their seat and end up peeing on the people in front of them, and the fan reaction is "Go to this other place where you can do all the drugs you want!", then the problem isnt with the League.

Everyone complains about players that celebrate too much and use the saying "Act like youve been there before", well my advice to all the folks going to the games is "We all went to college, act like you've had a beer before".

- Easier in-and-out.

And people who want to avoid people who feel the need to drink all the liquor and beer that they want, smoke all the weed and use all the other illegal drugs that they want.

Rushing the field in what could be a 2-14 season is assinine.That rare expierience is reserved for at least the next time the bills clinch the afc east (2012?)

And it's these same jack-asses that dont know how to act right that FORCE the league and team to crack down on the excessive partying/drinking/drugging before and at the games.

Im all for having a good time, but there are too many people taking it too far where/when it's not appropriate.

When the League tries to slow down the fans from getting so drunk they cant make it out of their seat and end up peeing on the people in front of them, and the fan reaction is "Go to this other place where you can do all the drugs you want!", then the problem isnt with the League.

Everyone complains about players that celebrate too much and use the saying "Act like youve been there before", well my advice to all the folks going to the games is "We all went to college, act like you've had a beer before".

Exactly. This is why you can't bring your kids.

Hey Jay! You forgot to mention the other idiotic move on Sunday. They blocked off 3 entrances into Lot 1 and tried to force slot parking. It didn't work that well, as many people, myself included drove right thru the middle of the parking lot where there were empty spots to get to the spot where our groups tailgate at. But it was more dangerous and stupid having us do that, than leaving the lot open at all entrances. I got a permit for the Steelers game, but I will most likely be taking my car to Hammers lot for the last 2 home games of the season.

Edited by Mike32282

I think this thread is very indicative of the Bill's game-day experience (expectations of) over the past 10 years. There is an apparent disconnect that exists between what certain groups of fans view it as, and what the FO views it as. The organization seems to think that fans come primarily to watch the product on the field, and view the tail-gaiting as secondary accessory to the game itself.

In reality, and its somewhat sad, the game has become an afterthought of sorts to many people who come to get smashed. I still love the tailgait experience, and recognize its identity to this team, but there is a growing divide between this group as well. It's suddenly become cool to antagonize women and children in visitors uniforms to the point they feel concerned about their personal well being. I'm 25 and a lot of my fondest memories came from the "guy" who yells out "stuff it down their fu#!@ing throats" at the beginning of every Bills drive, but I don't remember so many dbags inhabiting the parking lots when I was 13. I might just be maturing, but I seriously doubt that. I just think there are a lot more dbags out there.

I think this thread is very indicative of the Bill's game-day experience (expectations of) over the past 10 years. There is an apparent disconnect that exists between what certain groups of fans view it as, and what the FO views it as. The organization seems to think that fans come primarily to watch the product on the field, and view the tail-gaiting as secondary accessory to the game itself.

In reality, and its somewhat sad, the game has become an afterthought of sorts to many people who come to get smashed. I still love the tailgait experience, and recognize its identity to this team, but there is a growing divide between this group as well. It's suddenly become cool to antagonize women and children in visitors uniforms to the point they feel concerned about their personal well being. I'm 25 and a lot of my fondest memories came from the "guy" who yells out "stuff it down their fu#!@ing throats" at the beginning of every Bills drive, but I don't remember so many dbags inhabiting the parking lots when I was 13. I might just be maturing, but I seriously doubt that. I just think there are a lot more dbags out there.

When I go, the game is only part of the experience. Tailgating with friends is the other part of the experience--and in fact, the more enjoyable part, since the pace of a live NFL game is really boring to me (but I've admitted that I'm a casual NFL fan). That said, getting smashed needn't be the goal of tailgating.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

During my college days, it was a cool place to drink beer, grill out some food(if we had money left for food ) then play some football in the parking lot. As we got older, most of my friends and I found it more fun to drink in bars to get drunk. We still drank in the parking lot, but getting smashed was not the goal, in our 20's we found it no longer fun having to get up and piss every 11 minutes, and not get to see much of the game.

To me, it just seems that the people that get that drunk really don't seem to even need the game, and that doesn't even make sense to me. Why go then? you can do that in a mall parking lot after hours, or your own yard on a Sunday, I don't see the point to getting so drunk you don't remember the game.

Heckling the fans has become very out of hand in most stadiums, and sadly, the Bills fans are among the worst, I was on the receiving end in Tampa, and in Chicago, and in both instances, nearly had to fight my way back to my car. At this stage, I don't really find the game experience away from RWS worth it anymore, and that's why the NFL is stepping in. It's knuckleheads that take it too far that have caused the current NFL interaction.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

during my college days, it was a cool place to drink beer, grill out some food(if we had money left for food ) then play some football in the parking lot. As we got older, most of my friends found it more fun to drink in bars to get drunk. We still drank in the parking lot, but getting smashed was not the goal, in our 20's we found it no longer fun having to get up and piss every 11 minutes, and not get to see much of the game.

To me, it just seems to me that most people that get that drunk really don't seem to even need the game, and that doesn't even make sense to me. Why go then? you can do that in a mall parking lot after hours, or your own yard on a Sunday, I don't see the point to getting so drunk you don't remember the game.

Heckling the fans has become very out of hand in most stadiums, and sadly, the Bills fans are among the worst, I was on the recieving end in Tampa, and in Chicago, and in both instances, nearly had to fight my way back to my car. At this stage, I don't really find the game experience away from RWS worth it anymore, and that's why the NFL is stepping in. It's knuckleheads that take it too far that have caused the current NFL interaction.

This is what I will never understand either. When I spend $100+ on tickets for a football game (or concert, or whatever), why would I drink so much in the parking lot beforehand that I dont even make it into the game?!?

Yet, every week, there are probably 100 people that get turned away at the gates for being too drunk. And thats not counting those that got so drunk at the tailgate that they decided to just sleep in the car through the game instead!!!

When I buy tickets for a football game, its to go watch football live. Not re-live my college days by drinking until I pass out/throw-up on someone.

Of course, I'd bet that if the Bills actually fielded a competitive team that was fun and exciting to watch, this behavior would recede...

Some total idiot 3 seats down from me threw up all over himself in the first quarter and a good portion of it hit the coat a some 70plus year old guy. On the other side of him was a 6 year old kid (with a Detroit helmet on...This putz proceeded to throw up two more times by the time Q1 ended. Some people just don't deserve to be let out in public.

This is what I will never understand either. When I spend $100+ on tickets for a football game (or concert, or whatever), why would I drink so much in the parking lot beforehand that I dont even make it into the game?!?

Yet, every week, there are probably 100 people that get turned away at the gates for being too drunk. And thats not counting those that got so drunk at the tailgate that they decided to just sleep in the car through the game instead!!!

When I buy tickets for a football game, its to go watch football live. Not re-live my college days by drinking until I pass out/throw-up on someone.

Of course, I'd bet that if the Bills actually fielded a competitive team that was fun and exciting to watch, this behavior would recede...

I honestly think some of the obnoxious behavior would in fact subside if the team was winning. Most of the Bills fans from the superbowl era knew to have a little humility with our arrogance... Especailly after the 3rd loss. People who don't know the economic climate in Buffalo over the last 40 years really don't understand why we are a little wound up right now, and I don't blame anyone anymore for the excessive frustration people show these days, but I hope people begin to realize when they heavily impact others in a public place, maybe its time to dial it back. I'm no saint either, and don't want to sound preachy, but if we as Bills fans don't try to clean it up a bit, the NFL will force it.

And in another display of the No Fun League, they had actual cops going up & down the aisles telling people to sit down. Not ushers mind you, but cops. <_<

Were they cops in uniform? Or just guys in jackets that said police? Cause there was this thread last week about hired security wearing police/sheriff jackets when they are not real cops.

I honestly think some of the obnoxious behavior would in fact subside if the team was winning. Most of the Bills fans from the superbowl era knew to have a little humility with our arrogance... Especailly after the 3rd loss. People who don't know the economic climate in Buffalo over the last 40 years really don't understand why we are a little wound up right now, and I don't blame anyone anymore for the excessive frustration people show these days, but I hope people begin to realize when they heavily impact others in a public place, maybe its time to dial it back. I'm no saint either, and don't want to sound preachy, but if we as Bills fans don't try to clean it up a bit, the NFL will force it.

I disagree, things are different these days and society in general think that they should be able to do what they want (get drunk, use drugs)and not be responsible because they are "Just enjoying themselves" and everyone else is just being uptight about it.

The NFL and the Bills aren't just doing it cause they want to ruin your fun, they are doing it cause of the liability of you being there and hurting yourself or someone else and then suing them because of it

Edited by apuszczalowski

At Angels games in Anaheim, they don't allow any drinking in their parking lot. You get caught drinking they take it away from you. The policy works though because I never see people throwing up on themselves or being belligerent at Angels games. Dodgers games on the other hand....well thats a whole other story.

You're an idiot.

(somebody had to say it)

Same company ran security. I did not notice if they had on police/sheriff jackets.

I may have read the New article wrong from a couple of weeks ago, but I believe one of the things the Security firm was told to change was that even though the entire force is made up of off duty sheriffs/cops, they were not allowed to have the words police or sheriff on the back of them because they were working off-duty.

Considering only 200-300 sold for the pre-purchase parking pass program (ppppp), I wonder if they will have purchasers of the ppppp park in the lot in front of the field house which I guess has around 300 parking spots.

- Easier in-and-out.

I quess you do not know this, but off duty cops do come to private parking lots and tailgate. They look like everyone else in plain clothes. A couple of years ago I had a good size party in my lot Hammer's Lot, and did not know I has free security until the Sheriffs on horeback came into my lot and hung out with their plain clothed co-workers. Every once in awile I have State troopers tailgate in my lot.

I wonder how your neck is going to be next game!

Some total idiot 3 seats down from me threw up all over himself in the first quarter and a good portion of it hit the coat a some 70plus year old guy. On the other side of him was a 6 year old kid (with a Detroit helmet on...This putz proceeded to throw up two more times by the time Q1 ended. Some people just don't deserve to be let out in public.

How did you react?

Not everyone at Bills games has been to college, but I'm with Dr Dankenstein -- act like you've had a drink before. If your goal is to get "high school drunk", then why are you there?

I've had people tell me they didn't even remember being at the game. What a waste of time and money.

I'm all for having a few pops and getting a nice buzz on, but if you are puking on your shoes come game time then you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Not everyone at Bills games has been to college, but I'm with Dr Dankenstein -- act like you've had a drink before. If your goal is to get "high school drunk", then why are you there?

I've had people tell me they didn't even remember being at the game. What a waste of time and money.

I'm all for having a few pops and getting a nice buzz on, but if you are puking on your shoes come game time then you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

:thumbsup: You gotta be either rich and/or an idiot to get that drunk before a game...with ticket prices being what they are, you should get your money's worth as well as you can...and going in and not being able to remember most of the game certainly won't help you get your money's worth

Have you heard anything besides crickets!